Hello, Ottawahitech, and welcome to the English Wikiquote, a free compendium of quotations written collaboratively by people just like you!
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
To ask for advice or assistance feel free to drop by the Village Pump or ask on my talk page. Happy editing! And again, welcome! Because you never got a welcome... :) ~riley (talk) 21:35, 8 April 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for the welcome. I especially like the last line which sends me off to w:wikipedia:Bold. Just wondering if there are enough contributors here who are interested in having his policy converted to a wikiquote space? The problem for me was that I did not realize at first that I was out of wikiquote, and it could have caused me a problem if I tried to inadvertently edit at enwiki. Thanks again. Ottawahitech (talk)
- I'm not a big fan of re-inventing the wheel, but I do agree, it shoots someone off unexpectedly to another wiki and thats not beneficial. I think it should either link to a soft redirect (Wikiquote:Be bold) or have a note that it's located on the English Wikipedia. Just my 2 cents. See what some others say? The community isn't very active here. ~riley (talk) 09:05, 10 April 2020 (UTC)
- If asking questions lead to improving content, then you're on the right track. ~riley (talk) 16:33, 16 April 2020 (UTC)