Megan Thee Stallion
American rapper, singer, and songwriter
Megan Thee Stallion (born February 15, 1995) is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter.
- Women, we naturally want to be the best…And I can’t be mad at the next girl for wanting to be the best! Why would I get mad at you for saying you the baddest? Why can’t we both agree that we bad, and that just be that?
- On preferring collaboration rather than rivalry in “'When a woman raps, she spitting!' Megan Thee Stallion, the hot girl taking over hip-hop” in The Guardian (2020 May 8)
- I want to tell that story to people that, even though I was chasing my dream, I still was able to get my education…I really want young girls to want to go to college. My grandma and my momma will be so proud too.
- On pursuing her higher education while launching her music career in “'When a woman raps, she spitting!' Megan Thee Stallion, the hot girl taking over hip-hop” in The Guardian (2020 May 8)
- Believe it or not, I used to be a little shy…I never wanted anybody to know that I could even rap. Even when I got to college and I told my best friend I could rap, she’ll be like, ‘OK. Well, then rap.’ She wanted me to rap and I wouldn’t do it. But then we went to a kickback and I just started rapping. . . . I was confident in myself, but I didn’t really know how people would react to how I thought about myself on the inside.
- On her first foray into rapping in “How Megan Thee Stallion Weathered the Hottest Summer” in Rolling Stone (2020 Feb 27)
- First step, you got to spend more time in the mirror…Because once you get in the mirror and you start finding shit that you do like about yourself, you’re going to stay in the motherfucking mirror trying to perfect that. That’s how I am. Like, ‘OK, what do you got going on? Bitch, you look good as fuck today!’
- On focusing on what you actually like about your appearance in “How Megan Thee Stallion Weathered the Hottest Summer” in Rolling Stone (2020 Feb 27)