- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Thanks very much for adding the image and quote to the Simone Weil page back in September. I had long hoped an image of her would show up on the commons but only now noticed that you had found one. Blessings. ~ ♞☤☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 16:11, 24 January 2014 (UTC)
Request for comment on User:MonsterHunter32's massive censorship of sourced quotes without discussionEdit
I am asking the community to comment about the censorship of this user that I have already alerted about here Talk:India#Censorship_of_sourced_quotes_by_User:MonsterHunter32 and at other places, but it didn't help. What should be done about the continued massive removal of sourced quotes by when he refuses to even move the quotes to the talkpage with full reasoning for each quote as was asked by multiple users many many times? You can read more about it at the link above, and at the other discussions linked in that discussion. Thank you. --Jedi3 (talk) 14:19, 24 March 2018 (UTC)
Request for comment on User:MonsterHunter32's massive censorship of sourced quotes without discussionEdit
I am asking the community to comment about the censorship of this user that I have already alerted about here Talk:India#Censorship_of_sourced_quotes_by_User:MonsterHunter32 and at other places, but it didn't help. What should be done about the continued massive removal of sourced quotes by when he refuses to even move the quotes to the talkpage with full reasoning for each quote as was asked by multiple users many many times? You can read more about it at the link above, and at the other discussions linked in that discussion. Thank you. --Jedi3 (talk) 14:21, 24 March 2018 (UTC)
The user User:Jedi3 is keeps falsely blaming me of censorship and keeps edit-warring. He is only engaged in POV-pushing and adding statements just so they agree with his view. He doesn't care if his claims are made up like he did at Sikandar Butshikan, indirectly admitting to verbatim to verbatrim copying from Wikipedia before checking the source. He also added a quote at Muhammad bin Qasim.
Or making up a false reason to remove a quote at Muslim conquest of the Indian subcontinent. Or he keeps making up his quotes eloquent, poignant, witty etc despite the "quotes" not even falling at all within the definition. He does this just to have his edits there at all costs. I've told him several times about this including here.
He falsely keeps saying I'm censoring him when all I've done is remove those quotes which aren't notable in any manner. Not those which are notable and i've preserved many of the quotes he has added. also removed the subsection of my complaint here. He himself censors me here and here in the past.
Not to mention this person has also insulted me by terming me annoying after another user called me so, besides also calling me a vandal, when he himself can be indicted for edit-warring and vandalism. please block this user. I've been trying to cooperate with him, but it is clear he only wants his ideology imposed here. Their is no bar on any person of any ideology, even though Wikiquote is about neutrality but he doesn't care about anything and is being unprofessional. and it is clear he doesn't care what he does to get his edits here at all costs.
Right after his block expired, Jedi3 is back at edit-warring before even waiting for a discussion and made 3 reverts at 3 articles. See his recent reverts, here, a sly attempt to befool others in edit summary at Aurangzeb of "article under construction", at Malabar rebellion. He proceeded to make additional subtractions and additions at Aurangzeb, even though a revert is a revert whether partial or complete. He is trying to fool others. And just after his block expired, he has started edit-warring again and made three reverts. I would first like to check all his quotes and then discuss them one by one.
I have already complained him at Wikiquote:Administrators' noticeboard#Jedi3's disruptive behaviour, false claims and censorship. I ask you comment there and take action against him for his disruptive edits. MonsterHunter32 (talk) 15:02, 24 March 2018 (UTC)
- The first of your points is a content dispute, the place to discuss these is the article talkpage (but since you refuse to move the quotes to the talkpage for discussion...) I have never before even heard from you about the issue at Muhammad bin Qasim. I don't know if what you claim is true but I will look into it as soon as you move the quote to the talkpage of Muhammad bin Qasim with your reasoning. But since you refuse to do this.... The quote from the conquest article is ambiguous, to say the least, it is not strictly about the conquest (and in your edit you were adding 2 different quotes). These are all content disputes, which should be discussed on the talkpage after you moved the quote there with your reasoning (which you never do). I have also not reverted all of your removals, in some cases I have kept your changes, or I have at least made the quotes shorter (it is you who always refuse to make the slightest concession). But this is just 5 percent of the quotes. The rest is just undiscussed blanking of articles.
- When you claim I am censoring you I was just restoring the previous version of the article. In most cases, I took the trouble to add your other changes back to the article, but when you were censoring so many articles at once, I couldn't be expected to do this every time. The rest of your comment is just poor excuses and deliberate misrepresentations. I was not edit warring and I was discussing all of my edits on the discussion page, unlike you. --Jedi3 (talk) 15:41, 24 March 2018 (UTC)
Can you please double check the quoteEdit
- @Sallustinus: Ok, l'ho anche spostata in ordine cronologico, aggiunto il link alla fonte secondaria che comunque male non fa e aggiunto il grassetto per maggiore leggibilità (su en.quote mi pare che i grassetti si possano usare, anche se con moderazione).--Spinoziano (talk) 16:58, 25 March 2019 (UTC)
Removing tag actor stubEdit
Hi Spinoziano I´ve added a new section to this article . Do you think is it properly sourced ? Also would that be ok now to remove the actor stub tag ? Many thanks --Sallustinus (talk) 09:34, 6 May 2019 (UTC)
Quoting from a ForewordEdit
Hi Spinoziano , How is it going ? I have a question for you: Do you think that would it be ok to add the following sentence to this article :" The Organic creative process helped me to discover what kind of actor I want to be " translated from the Italian : "Il Processo Organico Creativo mi ha aiutato a scoprire che tipo di attore desidero essere". Can it be considered as a quote ? It comes from the Foreword of this book. I think it is properly sourced and it can be seen here . Please let me know when you have a minute. Thanks --Sallustinus (talk) 15:24, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Sallustinus: yes, I think, ma credo che nella traduzione "Organic" vada minuscolo, oppure puoi metterlo tutto maiuscolo "Organic Creative Process". --Spinoziano (talk) 16:29, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
Ok . Grazie . Magari aggiungo tutta la frase ben tradotta : Personalmente, il Processo Organico Creativo mi ha aiutato a scoprire che tipo di attore desidero essere; ma questo è un processo che va oltre la recitazione, poiché mi ha messo nella condizione dicapire quello che voglio fare della mia vita e di impegnarmi per concretizzarlo.Che dici ? Una volta pubblicata potresti darci un´occhiata please ? Thanks a lot --Sallustinus (talk) 16:47, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Sallustinus: Ok. Io mi ricollego domani pomeriggio, ci darò un'occhiata.--Spinoziano (talk) 17:09, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
Ciao Spinoziano, grazie per la revisione dell´ultima citazione che ho inserito. Ho migliorato ulterioremente la voce inserendo un´ altra citazione tratta da un intervista radio Rai del 26/09/2018 che ho trovato su youtube. In Italiano e´: "Tante piccole gogge insieme possono formate un ruscello" che in Inglese ho tradotto in : "A great many a drop of water will create a creek". Puoi ascoltarla al minuto 9.51 qui . Che dici ? Rispetta il manuale di stile ? Grazie --Sallustinus (talk) 08:42, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Sallustinus: mi sembra che nell'ultimo inserimento hai fatto un po' di pasticci: sicuramente non è "gogge" ma "gocce", poi il link che hai messo nella voce non riporta l'intervista di Morassutti; il link di Youtube la riporta e sarebbe ok, comunque cerca di riportare le sue parole fedelmente: su Youtube ad es. dice "creare" e non "formare", inoltre non mi convince la traduzione inglese "A great many a drop", perché non semplicemente "Many drops"?--Spinoziano (talk) 13:44, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
Ciao Spinoziano, Correggo la versione italiana (creare/formare)e gocce . A great many a drop of water e´piu´poetico ed esprime il concetto di "Tante gocce insieme" . In inglese Drops e basta puo´essere confuso con il verbo to drop quindi ho pensato di aggiugere water per essere preciso.Riguardo ai links magari potrei fare un Hyperlink alla registrazione youtube e uno alla pagina ufficiale del sito Rai- Friuli Venezia Giulia . Che ne dici ? Grazie --Sallustinus (talk) 14:18, 25 May 2019 (UTC) Ho modificato in base hai tuoi suggerimenti a parte la traduzione in Inglese che mi sembra sia piu´in linea con una citazione. Stavo anche pensando se fosse il caso di inserire il nome della giornalista.Che dici ?--Sallustinus (talk) 14:26, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Sallustinus: se intendi la giornalista che fa l'intervista, certo, puoi aggiungerla. Resta brutto che il link al sito Rai faccia comparire un'altra intervista che non c'entra niente, se uno clicca lì trova un'altra intervista e pensa che la fonte sia errata.--Spinoziano (talk) 15:17, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
E se facessimo una cosa del genere ? Broadcast interview, min 9.51, in "Obiettivo Friuli - Reportage da Pordenone", Rai Friuli Venezia Giulia (September 26, 2018).--Sallustinus (talk) 15:30, 25 May 2019 (UTC) O meglio : Broadcast interview, min 9.51, in "Obiettivo Friuli - Reportage da Pordenone" by Claudia Brugnetta, Rai Friuli Venezia Giulia (September 26, 2018).--Sallustinus (talk) 15:32, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
Ciao Spinoziano, I´ve found the following quotes here , here , here and here : Perfection? Being the most human you can be ; Average acting is like jerking without an orgasm ; I would rather remember even if sometimes it can be very painful ; Sometimes I wonder if it does exist such a thing called personality ; The sound of the human voice is the best of nature but only if it comes out from the feelings. They are also present on the Official website of the actor but their original source is not very clear. I think they come from the Foreword of this book. Do you think it would be ok the add them to the wikiquote article ?If yes . How would you source them ? Thanks --Sallustinus (talk) 17:39, 10 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Sallustinus, se sono presenti sul sito ufficiale puoi citare il sito ufficiale come fonte, l'altra fonte se non sei sicuro è meglio non metterla. Le citazioni prese dal sito ufficiale puoi eventualmente raccoglierle in una sottosezione.--Spinoziano (talk) 14:10, 11 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Sallustinus, per farti un esempio, come "You are stealing our future" nella voce Greta Thunberg; nel nostro caso sarebbe una sottosezione intitolata "From the official website", con il link alla pagina delle citazioni. --Spinoziano (talk) 15:29, 11 June 2019 (UTC)Ok. Grazie. Ora lo faccio--Sallustinus (talk) 15:34, 11 June 2019 (UTC)
@Spinoziano Ciao ! Ho trovato 1,2,3 citazioni tratte da film dove Morassutti ha recitato.Secondo te si potrebbero inserire in una sezione dedicata ? Grazie e buona giornata --Sallustinus (talk) 10:17, 7 August 2019 (UTC)
- Ciao, Sallustinus. Non credo... Se la sceneggiatura del film non è sua, non possiamo considerarle sue frasi, se quelle frasi lui le pronuncia soltanto.--Spinoziano (talk) 14:27, 7 August 2019 (UTC)
Ciao@Spinoziano. Volevo chiederti due cose:
- Volevo aggiungere una breve descrizione sulla pagina dell´attore per contestualizzare le sue citazioni del tipo : He wrote the foreword of the Italian version of John Strasberg´s book Accidentally on purpose. Che dici ? Nel caso devo aggiungere la fonte ?
- Rotten Tomatoes e´una buona fonte per una citazione ? Pensavo di inserire questa tratta dalla sua bio in Quotes about. Dovrebbe essere presa dal documentario Personal Dream Space ma credo sia ancora in fase di post produzione (ho trovato solo un trailer ) Che ne pensi ?
- Ciao Sallustinus, sono entrambe cose fattibili, anche se non ho ben capito in cosa consiste il contesto a cui fai riferimento al primo punto, tu magari aggiungi e io eventualmente ci do un occhio dopo. Per il punto due, è meglio che citi solo la fonte secondaria se non sei sicuro della fonte primaria; la fonte primaria si potrà eventualmente precisare più avanti.--Spinoziano (talk) 16:41, 28 November 2019 (UTC)