Your speedy deletion of Crimes against humanity, The Crimes Against Humanity Initiative, & War crimes, Saving face,Edit
- Hi Ningauble - Question about your comment (apparent justification) that you used this morning for deleting those four topics, less than half an hour after they were initially posted, was "No quotes: the only contributor was "Om777..." FYI, I had planned on coming back with supportive, qualified quotes in good time, and had posted those topics in good faith, with all due respect for law & order of both WQ & the world we all live in. If new wiki quote pages are posted on those topics in the future, WITH quotes from appropriate sources, will you promptly destroy them like you did these, or will they be given a fair chance to serve the greater good?
- Relevant log entries:
- (Deletion log); 16:37 . . Ningauble (talk | contribs) deleted page Crimes against humanity (Speedy deletion: No quotes: the only contributor was "Om777om" (talk))
- (Deletion log); 16:29 . . Ningauble (talk | contribs) deleted page Saving face (Speedy deletion: No quotes: the only contributor was "Om777om" (talk))
- (Deletion log); 16:29 . . Ningauble (talk | contribs) deleted page The Crimes Against Humanity Initiative (Speedy deletion: No quotes: the only contributor was "Om777om" (talk))
- (Deletion log); 16:29 . . Ningauble (talk | contribs) deleted page War crimes (Speedy deletion: No quotes: Wikiquote is not a dictionary, and the only contributor was "Om777om" (talk))
- PS. For the record.... As you know, my attempted creation of pages based on these topics Crimes against humanity, The Crimes Against Humanity Initiative & War crimes contained definitions derived from the main Wikipedia pages and had ZERO QUOTES by me. So, to say that i was the only contributor is not true. That is very, very disappointing. Thanks. Om777om (talk) 17:11, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
- The reason given is not merely an apparent justification, "no quotes" is the true, actual, necessary, and sufficient reason for deleting these pages. Articles with "ZERO QUOTES", as you put it, will be deleted. That is all. See WQ:WQ and WQ:NOT for further information.
- Sorry but i did not know that. So if i start pages on those topics, with appropriate quotations, you won't delete them?
- Also, sorry you feel that i accused you of anything. If you're serious about that, then it is clearly a misunderstanding. I started four stubs this morning that i thought would become helpful pages & you made them disappear in less than half an hour, after they were posted. I only stated facts, and made no accusations. You did make those pages disappear without a trace in a very short time. That seemed quite bizarre to me. Thank you for educating & tolerating me. Om777om (talk) 19:04, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
Disruptive IPs afoot...Edit
A bunch of IP addresses constantly bully admins such as Kalki, UDScott, and Tegel, and vandalize the Administrators' noticeboard without explanation or remorse. No matter how many we block, another IP with the same MO continues where it left off. I request permanent protection of all pages they vandalized, including all talk pages. But something has to be done to stop that vandal permanently. WikiLubber (talk) 12:45, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
I created a Wiki Quote page with 4 quotes and sourced to http://nystateassembly.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=7&clip_id=4698 an official New York State government website for the New York State Legislature. Nicole starts speaking at the 38 minute 15 second mark. I thought I followed all WikiQuote guidelines and included the code for
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
with 2 sentence biography about Nicole. What do I need to do or correct so the page can be live?
Ningauble, any update or what format I need to use to properly source the quote beyond linking to the direct source? I'm happy to make the edit to comply with sourcing Wikiquote guidelines.
How removed this Nicole Hunter redirect page's protection?Edit
Please, to you removed protection this page. I want to editing... (talk) 06:29, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
You recently deleted a userpage of mine (User:Gazamp/Derek Thomas). I had some links there I was going to try to turn into a page, not having realised that it's discouraged to only have external links on a userpage here. Is there any way to retrieve the links?
Another IP vandal...Edit
IP user 184.108.40.206 is constantly adding categories that are absolutely wrong to certain series.
- It refers to Alvin and the Chipmunks (1983 TV series) as a Cartoon Network show, but that series was cancelled BEFORE Cartoon Network even existed!
- It refers to certain anime series as American TV shows, but none of them are!
- It refers to some anime series as cancelled shows, but virtually none of them are!
Is any part of this quote about either: jokes, the military, Erwin Rommel or Bernard Montgomery?Edit
- Personally, I think that the best way to wrongfoot Rommel would be to tell him he was fighting Spike Milligan and Harry Secombe. According to Milligan, the sight of Secombe, spectacles akimbo, crying shrilly "We're with you, sir!" put Monty off his stroke completely. God knows what it would have done to the enemy. The military mind is not geared to jokes.
- Nancy Banks-Smith, “That's magic”, The Guardian, (28 June 2002).
I would not consider this quote to be an acceptable addition to a future page for taunting, nor would I consider it appropriate to add to a page for either Fighting words or Trash-talk, which implies coarse language and threats are involved. Perhaps there are additional reasons why this quote is not particularly pithy/notable/quotable/enduring/etc. which you could elaborate on as to educate me and any of our page watchers on; that, or perhaps the editor who reverted it did so do to a personal bias against comedy and or the armed forces, in which case I foresee future problems arising that could be considered discriminatory. Your comments regarding this matter would be appreciated. CensoredScribe (talk) 22:39, 30 July 2019 (UTC)
- My first reaction – Am I supposed to guess what page it was reverted from? I am not going to. My second reaction – What does any of this have to do with me? Nothing that I am aware of. My third reaction – Why are you trolling me like this? Hmm? ~ Ningauble (talk) 23:08, 30 July 2019 (UTC)
- 1: You make a good point, expecting you to guess which of four pages was reverted is a waste of your time and a failure of communication on my part, the page in question is comedy. 2: What does any page that people ask for your assistance on as an administrator really "have to do" with you? 3: Define trolling, than add a page for it. 4: I've gathered you've no interest in talking to me, for whatever reason you've chosen not to communicate, and as thus I will never bother you on your talk page ever again unless you specifically ask me to do so, sir. Good day, sir. CensoredScribe (talk) 23:28, 30 July 2019 (UTC)