|Welcome to the Wikiquote Sandbox! This page allows you to carry out experiments. To edit, click here or edit above (or the views section for obscure browsers), make your changes and click the Save page button when finished. Content will not stay permanently; this page is cleaned.
Styled after: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:User_pages
Every user on WikiQuote has their own individual User Page and User Talk Page. This page will explain how you can use your own User Page on WikiQuote (WQ).
User Pages are a key means of supporting communication between users by providing information about users and their accounts, and are widely linked from many locations in order to support this. It is normal to view user pages in many contexts when users want to find out more about a user or user action. User pages are an intrinsic part of WQ's communication infrastructure:
- user pages are linked from every signature in discussions
- user pages are linked from every file history (eg where users have tagged pages as having problems)
- user pages are linked from every upload log
- user pages are linked from many
- user pages of admins are linked from every deletion log entry
</ref> Other uses of user pages are secondary to this.
WQ's software, MediaWiki, allows all logged in users to have their own user page. Anonymous users also have user pages, but they will share these with other users of the same IP. This can facilitate communication among participants in the project. If your username is JohnDoe:
- Your user page is the page at User:JohnDoe
- Your user talk page is the page at User talk:JohnDoe
- Your user subpages, are pages of the form User:JohnDoe/blah or User talk:JohnDoe/blah.
- Your userspace is the collection of all the above.