Joined 2 December 2011
- An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?
- Don't you know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed
- This was supposedly written by the Swedish historical councellor Axel Oxienstierna in a letter to his son Johan in 1648.
- Old men delight in giving good advice as a consolation for the fact that they can no longer provide bad examples.
- The hours of folly are measur'd by the clock, but of wisdom no clock can measure.
- William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell (1790), Proverbs of Hell.
- A short saying oft contains much wisdom.