"At the dances I was one of the most untiring and gayest. One evening a cousin of Sasha, a young boy, took me aside. With a grave face, as if he were about to announce the death of a dear comrade, he whispered to me that it did not behoove an agitator to dance. Certainly not with such reckless abandon, anyway. It was undignified for one who was on the way to become a force in the anarchist movement. My frivolity would only hurt the Cause.
I grew furious at the impudent interference of the boy. I told him to mind his own business. I was tired of having the Cause constantly thrown into my face. I did not believe that a Cause which stood for a beautiful ideal, for anarchism, for release and freedom from convention and prejudice, should demand the denial of life and joy. I insisted that our Cause could not expect me to become a nun and that the movement would not be turned into a cloister. If it meant that, I did not want it. 'I want freedom, the right to self-expression, everybody's right to beautiful, radiant things.' Anarchism meant that to me, and I would live it in spite of the whole world— prisons, persecution, everything. Yes, even in spite of the condemnation of my own closest comrades I would live my beautiful ideal." ~ ~ Emma Goldman, writing what would later be summarised as "If I can't dance, I don't want to be a part of your revolution!"
This quotation summarises everything I like about Wikiquote: 1. It is accurate, 2. It has wonderful quotations. In a sense, this is why I'm here...
Most of my contact details can be found in my lj.
I respond to "Moshe", "moshe", "moshez", "MosheZ", "MosheZadka","Moshe Zadka" or "MZ". Just don't call me "Moshez". Yes, I am sensitive -- case sensitive.
Interests: I originally came to WQ for the TV shows, and they still occupy a considerable amount of my time. Though no series approaches Buffy, it has a big fandom so I don't spend much time there, ironically. I tried to rescue the Veronica Mars page from deletion (and it seems like I succeeded). Now I try to keep its style consistent and nice.
- TV stubs: 7th Heaven Are You Being Served? Dark Angel Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman The Golden Girls Happy Days The Jetsons Johnny Bravo Knight Rider The Powerpuff Girls Saved by the Bell Voltron: Defender of the Universe Queer Eye for the Straight Guy QI Dexter's Laboratory The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Full House Sliders Everybody Loves Raymond Family Ties The Flintstones Home Improvement Six Feet Under Muppet Babies Married... with Children Whose Line Is It Anyway? The Cosby Show I Love Lucy Hangin' with Mr. Cooper Gilligan's Island Fullmetal Alchemist Quantum Leap The Wonder Years Roswell The Brady Bunch Courage the Cowardly Dog Space Ghost Coast to Coast Tru Calling Point Pleasant
- Buffy related
- Dinosaur Comics by Ryan North
- Runaways by Brian K. Vaughan
- Astonishing X-Men
- Avengers Forever
- Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra
- The Amazing Spider-Man
- Rogue (stub)
- Ultimate X-Men (unstubbed by others)
- Uncanny X-Men
- X-Men (comics) (started by someone else, cleaned up and enhanced)
- Ultimate Spider-Man (started by someone else, I unstubbed)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (stub)
- Michael Chabon
- Ayelet Waldman
- Roger Zelazny (stub, started by someone else as a one quote page, written page around the quote)
- Lord of Light
- The Chronicles of Amber (including redirect pages for the ten books).
- Roald Dahl (stub)
- General pages started by others that I unstubbed
- James Boswell
- Francis Quarles
- Pope Paul VI
- Andrew S. Tanenbaum
- Ringo Starr
- Emma Lazarus
- Ray Nagin
- Isaac D'Israeli
- Indigo Girls
- Sluggy Freelance
- Nachman of Breslav
- Susan B. Anthony
- Dutch Schultz
- Theodore Kaczynski
- Paradise Regained
- The Oz books
- Oliver Twist
- Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
- Garry Kasparov
- H. Rider Haggard
- John Godfrey Saxe
- Anne Bradstreet
- Letitia Elizabeth Landon
- Charles Reade
- Pope Leo X
- Henry Van Dyke
- Bret Harte
- Henry Fielding
- Ben Jonson
- George A. Moore
- Jan Struther
- George Gissing
- Walter Bagehot
- Augustine Birrell
- Upton Sinclair
- Joe Bob Briggs
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- George Herbert
- Gerard Manley Hopkins
- Raymond Smullyan
- Too many people forget to sign messages on talk pages, so there's Template:Sign
- Special:Statistics has useful stuff
- In order to link to a category, use [[:Category:Bar]].
- Must think how to use m:Help:Inputbox
- My own thoughts on wikiquote
Cleanup efforts in subpages of my user page
- User:MosheZadka/Articles - a list of articles I like (planned to become a "Good article"-like system)
- User:MosheZadka/Deletion process - prototype for deletion process docs
- Thoughts on User:MosheZadka/images - classifying so I'll have std. reasons for VfD
- Thoughts about formatting
- Comic thoughts
Currently on hold
- List of suspiciously short articles with no stub notice (currently empty)
- Because uncategorized pages does not refresh, I am keeping a list here (currently this is not interesting: there are three articles with no consensus)
- toc experiments (current experimentation done)
- Featured article prototype (this is a lot of work...should be rescued when the community grows bigger)
- Thoughts on User:MosheZadka/WikiProject welcoming committee (this is more or less complete, but there are too many policies in discussion now -- prefer to wait before introducing one more item)
- Some tips I'm gathering about how to make people pages
- User:MosheZadka/Useful shortcuts - an attempt to expand Jeff's shortcuts page, slated to move into WQ namespace (already in wq)
PoV of the Day
- If you're not using Firefox for WQ, you are considerably outgunned by those who do.
Personal TODO list
- Finish categorizing all articles.
- Push through featured article
- Make sure the shortest "valid" article (not no-intro, not vfd, not disambig) is >200B (AKA Shortpage patrol).
Common formatting errors to fix
- Using quote marks in people pages
- Not differentiating into sourced/attributed
- Using the old Verified header.
- Using the old == Person == format
- "It all follows what I think of as the wiki philosophy: ever-decreasing entropy through the patient work of multitudes." ~ Jeff Q
My address is email@example.com