- Hawkeye: It's just a typical Avengers adventure as far as ol' Hawkeye's concerned -- opponents everywhere, but no one's got a clue what's going on!
- Rick Jones: Welcome back to confusion central, folks. Hope you're not expecting any answers -- because frankly, I'm fresh out!
- [Following a long, convoluted exposition covering a large part of the Avengers' history.]
- Hawkeye: Well, I'm glad you understand it, tall socks. Alla this divergent stuff -- it's just givin' me a migraine.
- Kang: Contained. I did not like the word. It made me think of cattle…animals to be bred and slaughtered at will.
- Libra: My first and greatest allegiance is to the balance. My job is to serve the balance, and to let it play out as events dictate -- I've studied for years, trained -- all to achive a state of balance, to lose myself in it -- but the heck with it!
- Kang: And any machine can be beaten. Any defense overcome.
- Hawkeye: Nuts! If only I'd been able to stop that time-travelling crumb before he got away...
- Captain America: Stand easy, Hawkeye. I'm sure there'll be other... times.