Courage the Cowardly Dog
Courage the Cowardly Dog is an American animated show about a pink and easily frightened dog named Courage, who was abandoned as a puppy after his parents were forcibly sent to outer space by a crazed veterinarian. He lives in a farmhouse with a connected garage near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas with an elderly couple: Muriel Bagge, a friendly, sweet-natured Scottish woman; and Eustace Bagge, a grumpy, greedy farmer who regularly mistreats Courage and often refers to him as “stupid dog”. The series originally ran for four seasons from November 12, 1999 to November 22, 2002. Before Courage 2020
- Narrator: We interrupt this program to bring you... Courage the Cowardly Dog Show, starring Courage, the Cowardly Dog! Abandoned as a pup, he was found by Muriel, who lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, Eustace Bagge!
- Eustace: Gah!
- Narrator: But creepy stuff happens in Nowhere. It's up to Courage to save his new home!
- Eustace: Stupid dog! You made me look bad! OOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!
- Courage: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
- Courage: Muriel, I'll save you!
- Courage: The things I do for love.
- Courage: I know I'm not gonna like this.
- Courage: I just know something bad is going to happen.
- Courage: ...or my name is [strange name] and (thank goodness) it's not.
- Courage: What do I do? What do I do!?!
- Eustace Bagge: F*** Dog! You made me look bad! (And variations of "f*** dog")
- Eustace Bagge: Muriel! Where's my dinner ?!
- Eustace Bagge: BOOGA! BOOGA! BOOGA!
- Muriel: Courage! So good to see ya.
- Muriel: Would you like a cup of tea?
- Muriel: [after saying name of dish] With a wee bit of vinegar.
- Ma Bagge: Courage! Good to see ya.
- Ma Bagge: Eustace, you stupid boy!
- Ma Bagge: I'm ugly! UGLY! UGLY!
- Katz: No dogs allowed!
- Dr. Vindaloo: There's nothing I can do, nothing at all.
- Dr. Vindaloo: Just keep soaking it.
- LeQuack: Qu'est-ce que c'est? [English: What is this?]
- LeQuack: You haven't seen the last of Le Quack!
- Computer: You twit.
- Di Lung: Watch where you going, ya fool!
- Eustace: You look good enough to me.
- Courage: Something smells fishy, or my name's Shlinken Hoffer... and it's not.
- Di Lung: don't be scared you fool!
Squatting Tiger, Hidden DogEdit
- Di Lung: Watch where you going, ya fool!
- Di Lung: Yo, Aunty! What's up?
- Di Lung: Oh no! That's your magic silkworm! It sure is transcending this life. Bye-bye, magic silkworm!
- Di Lung: Okay, Aunty. I go find someone truly innocent.
- Di Lung: Hey, lady with innocent soul! I be your tour guide—show you Great Wall.
- Di Lung: I loosen your ankles, when I remove your bones!
- Di Lung: This not acupuncture, this de-boning, I taking our your bones.
- Di Lung: *Gasp* The good empress, back to reclaim throne! I not carry out resort torture for evil empress! Not de-boning... re-boning!
King Ramses' CurseEdit
- King Ramses: Return the slab...
- Eustace Bagg: what?
- King Ramses: Return the slab, or suffer my curse...
- Eustace Bagg: What's your offer?
- King Ramses: This night, you will be visited by three plagues, each worse than the last... Return the slab...
- Eustace Bagg: Well judging by the markings and the obvious age of the relic, I'd have to say it would be...GARBAGE!! :(throws slab out the window)
- Muriel: Eustace!
- Eustace Bagg: GARBAGE!! FROM KING GARBAGE!! OF THE GARBAGE DYNASTY!!! Stupid dog. Always bringin' garbage into the house.
- Eustace Bagg: Ha! That's three plauges! You're out of ammo, mister! Hehehehe! And don't think you can come around here pushing no topegs on us, neither!
- King Ramses: Awwwwww... Come on!
- Eustace Bagg: That freak's not setting one freaky foot in this house!
- Freaky Fred: Hello new friend my name is Fred, the words you hear are in my head. I say, I said my name is Fred and I've been very... NAUGHTY.
- Eustace: No sir. Not getting out of this chair!
- Muriel: The fresh air, the blue seas, the sky forever.
- Eustace: Blah blah blah! Where's my chair?
- Eustace: Stupid helicopter dog!
- Katz: Hey! That's my washing machine!
- Eustace: Hey! That's my chair!
Courage the FlyEdit
- Di Lung: Look, I invent extra toe!
- Di Lung: I can made you different!
- Di Lung: [after turning Courage into a fly] I don't think so. Supposed to be buffalo. Don't know how, but I go back and work on problem. Should be buffalo... Fly... I don't think so.
- Courage: I don't know why I'm doing this. But I like it.
- Eustace: Stupid dog-fly!
- Di Lung: [after turning the general and lieutenant into buffalo] I make you different!
Cajun Granny StewEdit
- Courage: [floating in the air with a balloon tied onto him while searching for Muriel with a pair of binoculars] MURIEL!!! MURIEL!!!
- Courage: This is all your fault!
- Cajun Fox: MY fault?!
- Courage: Yeah, you're trying to make a stew out of her!
- Cajun Fox: And a right GOOD one she gonna BE!
- Old Lady Inside Vacuum Cleaner: Let me lay down the ground rules: This is my half of the lint, that's your half of the lint. Remember that and we won't have no trouble.
The Curse of ShirleyEdit
- Eustace: No solicitors! Especially at this hour! You wanna piece of me!? You wanna piece of me!?
- Shirley the Medium: The stupid one. He's stupid, right?
The Snowman ComethEdit
- Snowman: The first frozen snowman. That's not too shabby.
The Clutching FootEdit
- Pinky Toe: See what? See what?
- Big Toe: See this!
- Big Toe: Or the fat lady gets it, see?
- Little Toes: Yeah! The fat lady gets it!
- Pinky Toe: Yeah! The fat lady gets it!
- Big Toe: Get going, or I'll put the squeeze on the fat lady, see?
- Courage: I don't know why I thought that would work.
- Big Toe: Dumb dog, you blow up the money! Quick dog! Get us out of here!
- Big Toe: Yeah! You dumb dog! You made me kick too hard, see?
- Big Toe: We're gonna knock over Florida, see?
- Little Toes: Yeah! Florida!
- Pinky Toe: Yeah! Florida! Where's Florida?
- Muriel: But knocking over Florida is against the law. I think.
- Computer: A fungus? Did you think about regular bathing?
- Courage: Not me, the farmer! *His* foot!
- Computer: I'm not surprised. Well, if you want a cure, you're going to have to bring me a sample.
- Big Toe: Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, St. Pete, Miami, but not Boca. They can keep Boca. I hate Boca.
- Computer: YUCH! PTOOIE! Nasty! There's only one cure for that: Dog spit. Work up a good drool baby.
- Big Toe: And then, the Brass Ring, the Pot of Gold, the Big Bazoolie, the Bert Reynolds Dinner Theatre.
- Eustace: Wool... socks...
- Big Tongue: Yeah! A big heist, see? Okay, listen up! Here's the plan, see? Okay, dog. It's like this. Or the fat lady gets it, see?
The Duck BrothersEdit
- Italian Cook: Hey! Bring that duck back! What am I gonna serve?
- Courage: Strudel!
- Italian Cook: Oh! Good idea!
The Magic Tree of NowhereEdit
- Dr. Vindaloo: That is the worst case of bully-bully I have ever seen.
- Eustace: CHOP! CHOP! CHOP! CHOP!
- Instant Eel: Oh, Danny Boy. The pipes, the pipes are calling.
Bad Hair DayEdit
- Dr. Vindaloo: I was confused by my submarine.
- Eustace: Money!
Shadow of CourageEdit
- Eustace: BOOGA! BOOGA! BOOGA!
- Courage: I don't know how to make it in show biz, but up there [looks to the sky] are the real stars.
Courage vs. Mecha-CourageEdit
- Di Lung: *laughs* I told you I built better dog. Why You No give up?! Dog! You no good, give me up dog! No Good!
Dr. Le Quack, Amnesia SpecialistEdit
- LeQuack: Come here you pesky little doggy!
- LeQuack: How annoying.
- Eustace: S***** water.
- Eustace: I hope that's the sound of dinner getting made in there.
- Katz: [trying to make Courage lose in staring contest] Blink! Blink! Blink!
- Eustace: BOOGA! BOOGA! BOOGA!
- Katz: Sad, isn't it?
Shirley the MediumEdit
- Eustace Bagg: Our differences are settled...! He's dead and I ain't! (Eustace on his late brother to Muriel)
Demon in the MattressEdit
- Eustace Bagg: [reading an exorcism incantation] Hullabaloo, and howdy doo! Musty prawns, and Timbucktu! Yeltsy-by, and hibbety-hoo! Kick 'em in the dishpan! Hoo hoo hoo!! [looks confused] Kick 'em in the dishpan, hoo hoo hoo?
A Night at the Katz MotelEdit
- Katz: A little sport before dying, dear boy?
- Katz: [after he gets injured] I wish you hadn't done that.
Heads of BeefEdit
- Eustace: Where's my dinner? You were gonna make hamburgers!
- Eustace: Where's my burger?
- Jon Bon: Coming right up!
- Courage: Something smells fishy, or my name is Stinky Looloo... and thank goodness, it's not!
- Eustace: Stupid Dog! BOOGA! BOOGA! BOOGA!
- Jon Bon's Wife: I still wanna sink my teeth into that cute little dog.
Mission to the SunEdit
- Eustace: Lousy, stinkin' tube food!
- (Eustace tastes the tube food)
- Eustace: Hey, this ain't half bad!
- Eustace: Stupid space!
The Ride of the ValkyriesEdit
- Eustace: Idiot TV! Talk normal!
- Dr. Vindaloo: I am no longer a head of lettuce!
Dome of DoomEdit
- Eustace: Food? Food? I need food! Where's my lunch?
- Muriel: Right here.
- Courage: Ingredients. Hornets, Pythons, Piranhas!? OH NO!
- Eustace: Want more... food. AAAH! Oh, wicket! Where's my dinner?
Watch the BirdiesEdit
- Eustace: Where's my breakfast, woman? I'm starving to death!
- Eustace: I like to feed the birdies to the cats!
Farmer Hunter, Farmer HuntedEdit
- Eustace: I ain't useless! I'm Eustace!
- Father Deer: A deer's gotta do what a deer's gotta do.
- Eustace: Oh, wicket! Who the heck are you?
- Di Lung: Watch where ya goin', ya fool!
Forbidden Hat of GoldEdit
- Eustace: Stupid hat!
- [saying some gibberish then shows what the monster looks like]
- Courage: Help! Help! Help!
- Eustace Bagg: I took a bath last Tuesday!
- Muriel: I guess the only thing I can see without my glasses is Eustace's big shiny head.
- Dr. Vindaloo: There's nothing to worry about. Nothing at all. But there's nothing I can do!
- Dr. Vindaloo: What is up with that?
- Dr. Vindaloo: I can do nothing, nothing at all.
- Di Lung: [when someone gets in his way] Watch where you're goin', ya fool!
- Di Lung: I don't think so/I think so.
- Di Lung: Get rich quick! It works REAL great, I did it, and so can you! All you have to do to learn the secret of my success is send me money! Thats right, it's as simple as that, get out your checkbook, credit card and wallet and send them to ME! When I came to this country, three weeks ago, I only had a nickel. Now I own three apartment buildings and a fleet of limousines!
- Di Lung: What are you doin' ya fool?!
- LeQuack: Le Quack is back!
- Narrating Newsman: It appears that I am being kidnapped!