When to deleteEdit
How to deleteEdit
- Check "What links here". If anything does link here, you may wish to disable the link (sometimes, but not always!)
- Press the "Delete" entry tab.
- Enter a comment
- For speedy delete, "SD: SD criterion which matches"
- For Votes for deletion, a mention of that fact: "Deleting as per VfD discussion" or similar
- For history merge "Merging history: temporary deletion."
- Ensure the comment does not contain copyright infringements and/or personal information (especially if that was the reason for deletion!)
- If the deletion fails
- Protect the page
- Mark it as "Pending deletion"
- If the deletion succeds, and the article has a talk page, follow same process to delete article
- Comment should say "Auxiliary article to deleted article" or similar