The Simpsons Movie
2007 film directed by David Silverman
- For other uses of "The Simpsons", see The Simpsons (disambiguation).
- Directed by David Silverman. Written by James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean, Ian Maxtone-Graham, George Meyer, David Mirkin, Mike Reiss, Mike Scully, Matt Selman, John Swartzwelder, and Jon Vitti. This film was released July 25, 2007 in United States.
- [whips dogs while using them for dog-sledding] Run! Run! [jumps from one slope to the other side] Jump! Jump! Land! Land! [while dogs rest] Rest! Rest! [after stopping for the night] Now I know we've had a rough day, but I'm sure we can put all that behind us and-- [the dogs maul him] That's my whipping arm! [the dogs abandon him] Oh, why does everything I whip leave me?
- [sings while playing with his pig] Spider Pig. Spider Pig.
- Does whatever a Spider Pig does.
- Can he swing from a web?
- No, he can't. He's a pig.
- Look out!
- He is a Spider Pig.
- [Lisa has a girl talk with Marge about Colin] I still haven't told you the best part! He cares about the environment! No! I still haven't told you the best part! He's got an [with a heavy Irish accent] Irish brogue! [In normal voice] No, wait, I still haven't told you the best part! He's not imaginary!
- So...you want some of my electricity, do you? Well, for once the rich white man is in control! I have two buttons behind this desk: one will supply your town with power, the other releases the hounds. Reach me. Make me your brother.
[Springfield has been trapped inside a dome]
- People! I have an important announcement. I have been working on a new acid-firing super-drill that can cut through anything. [Pointing] It's right there... just outside of the dome.
- [The Simpsons are watching an Itchy & Scratchy movie at the cinema]
- Homer: Boring!
- Lisa: Dad, we can't see the movie!
- Homer: I can't believe we're paying to see something we get on TV for free! If you ask me, everybody in this theater is a giant sucker... [turns to face the camera and points straight forward, referring to the viewer] Especially you!
- Cargill: You know, sir, when you made me head to the EPA, you were applauded for appointing one of the most successful men of the America to the least successful agency in government. And why did I take the job? 'Cause I'm a rich man, and wanted to give something back. Not the money, but something. So here's our chance to kick some ass for Mother Earth!
- President: I'm listening.
- Cargill: [gets out five files] Well, I've narrowed your choices down to 5 unthinkable options. Each will cause untold misery and--
- President: [points to the third file] I pick #3.
- Cargill: You don't even wanna read 'em first?
- President: I was elected to lead, not to read. #3!
- EPA Soldier: I'm afraid we lost them, sir.
- Cargill: Damn it! Well, then you find 'em, and you get 'em back in the dome! And to make sure nobody else gets out, I want roving death squads around the perimeter 24-7! I want 10,000 tough guys, and I want 10,000 soft guys to make the tough guys look tougher! And here's how I want them arranged: tough, soft, tough, tough, soft, tough, soft, soft, tough, tough, soft, soft, tough, soft, tough, soft!
- Soldier: Sir, I'm afraid you've gone mad with power.
- Cargill: Of course I have. Have you ever tried going mad without power? It's boring, no one listens to you.
- [Cargill levels a shotgun at Homer and Bart.]
- Cargill: Hello, Homer.
- Homer: So, we meet at last, whoever you are!
- Cargill: There's a couple of things they don't teach you in Harvard Business School. One is how to cope with defeat; the other is how to handle a shotgun. I'm going to do both right now.
- [Fat Tony drags a bag towards the lake to get rid of it; feet are poking out of the top and it obviously contains a murder victim]
- Wiggum: Sorry, no dumping in the lake.
- Tony: Fine. I will go and put my [air quotes] "yard trimmings" in a car compactor. [leaves]
- Lou: You know, Chief, I thought he had a dead body in there.
- Wiggum: I thought that too, right up until he said "yard trimmings". You gotta learn to listen, Lou.
- [After the credits, the Squeaky-Voiced Teen is seen sweeping the theater floor]
- Squeaky-Voiced Teen: Assistant Manager isn't all it's cracked up to be. [pulls a wad of gum off his broom] Four years of film school for this?
- See Our Family, And Feel Better About Yours.
- For Years, Lines Have Been Drawn...And Then Colored In Yellow.
- We're very excited about the performances in this movie. Come next Oscars, we think it's going to be Milhouse's night. ~ Matt Groening
- Since 2001 we had been working to get a script that would be worthy of people actually paying to see the Simpsons. ~ Matt Groening
- We've been running a little behind schedule, but only by about 15 years. ~ Matt Groening
- If I were feeling any more pressure, I'd be a diamond. ~ Al Jean
- We're going to put some fake plots out there just to make things interesting. ~ James L. Brooks
- The idea of the movie is that all of us who ran the show at one point, and who have been there from the beginning come together as the writing team for this movie. ~ James L. Brooks
- That trailer is running on 7000 screens this weekend, committing us to opening every place in the world on the same date, which means we'd better get started. ~ James L. Brooks
- We've taken script security to the point of lunacy, although it helped that we wrote it in Aramaic. ~ Mike Scully
- This was enormously challenging, because it involved filling 120 blank pages with an actual story and words people say. ~ James L. Brooks
- I can absolutely guarantee that this film will far exceed the wildest expectations of every Simpsons fan. Start lining up at the theater now, preferably in costume. ~ Al Jean
- The movie is a result of the very singular vision of 11 people. ~ Mike Scully
- It has been rough. We worked at it for a long time and then found out that Snakes on a Plane was doing the same story. ~ James L. Brooks
Notes and referencesEdit
- Weinberg, Scott (2006-04-04). "Fox Issues Official Word on "The Simpsons Movie"". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved on 2006-04-04.
- Bowles, Scott (2006-04-02). "Mmmm, popcorn: A 'Simpsons' film in '07". USA Today. Retrieved on 2006-04-02.
- As Good As He Gets at filmmonthly.com, December 13, 2004
- Homer going to bat in '07 at Variety.com, April 2, 2006