Nancy Campbell Cartwright (born October 25, 1957) is an American film and television actress, comedienne and voice artist. Noted for her long-running role as Bart Simpson on the animated television series The Simpsons, she also voices other characters on The Simpsons, including Nelson Muntz, Ralph Wiggum, Todd Flanders, Kearney and Database.
- Rufus because my diaphragm gets a workout while trying to utilize the 18 vocal sounds a mole makes. Chuckie because [...] he's an asthmatic with five personalities rolled into one—plus I have to do the voice the way [Christine Cavanaugh] did it for 10 years.
- Quoted in Knutzen, Eirik ((2002-08-18)). "Voice behind Bart Simpson also lends her animated talents to other TV shows". The San Diego Union-Tribune.
- In reference to voicing characters in Rugrats, whom she considers the most difficult.
- The best acting job in the world.
- Quoted in Brockes, Emma (2004-08-02). That's my boy. The Guardian. Retrieved on 2009-02-05.
- Referring to her role as Bart Simpson.
- Every Sunday I’d take a 20-minute bus ride to his house in Beverley Hills for a one-hour lesson and be there for four hours [...] They had four sons, they didn’t have a daughter and I kind of fitted in as the baby of the family.
- [Bart's voice] Yo, what’s happenin' man, this is Bart Simpson [laughs], [normal voice] [...] [Bart's voice] Just kidding, don’t hang up, this is Nancy Cartwright.
- Quoted in Olshansky, Elliot (2009-01-28). Bart Simpson's voice being used to promote Scientology event. New York Daily News. Retrieved on 2009-01-28.
- Cartwright promoting a Scientology event via a robocall.
- As long as I was an actress, I was going to find related work in the industry. There were plenty of opportunities. And fortunately I'm just pushy enough to find and get myself in touch with those who can provide such opportunities.
- pp. 27–28.
- Devious, underachieving, school-hating, irreverent, [and] clever.
- pp. 35–40
- Describing Bart Simpson.