This is a list of episodes in Pokémon: Sun and Moon, the twentieth season of the Pokémon animated series (ポケットモンスター Poketto Monsutā?, Pocket Monsters), covering the adventures of series protagonist Ash Ketchum as he travels to Alola and meets new friends.
Alola To New Adventure!Edit
The Guardian's Challenge!Edit
- [Lillie gets scared of Mallow's Bounsweet]
- Mallow: It's such a shame. You know so much about Pokémon, but you can't touch them.
- Lillie: I can too touch them. I've theorised it's only a matter of if I want to touch them or not.
Loading the Dex!Edit
First Catch in Alola, Ketchum-style!Edit
- [Toucannon is waiting impatiently for Rowlet to return]
- Toucannon: Toucannon. Toucannon... (Remembers when it laid its beak on some eggs which hatched into Pikipek, and a Rowlet)
- [Back in the present, it hears Rowlet's hoot]
- Rowlet: Hoot!
- Toucannon: Toucannon! (Rowlet returns with a melon) Toucannon.
- Trumbeak: (Arrives at the nest and greets Rowlet)
- [Ash, Pikachu, Mallow and Rotom arrive at the scene]
- Ash: There it is. Over there!
- [The occupants of the nest turn to them]
- Pikachu: Pika!
- Bounsweet: Bounsweet!
- Rotom Dex: Here's where I come in. (Scans the Pikipek) Pikipek, the woodpecker Pokémon, a Normal and Flying-type. (A fantasy featuring one Pikipek begins with that Pikipek pecking a hole into a tree and finding some food) It can unleash 16 pecks per second to drill a hole into a tree where it stores food.
- [Next, it scans Trumbeak]
- Rotom Dex: Trumbeak, the Bugle Beak Pokémon, and the evolved form of Pikipek. It attacks its opponents by firing seeds stored in its beak. (Moves onto Toucannon) Toucannon, the Cannon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Trumbeak. Its beak heats up to over two hundred degrees, and its peck can inflict a serious burn. (Touches Toucannon's beak) What's this?! It's not hot at all! That's strange.
- [Toucannon gets angry as its beak gets hotter, and Rotom Dex runs in a frenzy after getting burned.]
- [Meanwhile, Rowlet flies over to Ash]
- Ash: Wow, I had no idea you had so many awesome friends. (Rowlet flies into his backpack)
Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!Edit
A Shocking Grocery Run!Edit
That's Why the Litten is a Scamp!Edit
Lillie's Egg-xhilarating Challenge!Edit
- Samson Oak: [to Ash and co.] Be like an excited "Psyduck" [imitating Psyduck] and go for the "Golduck"! [imitating Golduck]
To Top a Totem!Edit
Trial and Tribulation!Edit
- [Professor Kukui is reading the morning newspaper, until...]
- Professor Kukui: Hey, yesterday's news made the paper!
- Rotom Dex: May I see it too? [starts reading it] The surprise actions of a young boy named Ash Ketchum in cooperation with Kahuna Hala were an eye opening sight. He obtained help with Totem Pokemon, Gumshoos, and its allies by battling in a trial successfully drove off the [Alolan] Rattata and [Alolan] Raticate, who have been causing trouble over the city. It is further noted Ash will receive an accommodations certificate from Officer Jenny.
- [Officer Jenny drops Ash and Kukui off at Hala's place, but has to leave for police work]
- Rotom Dex: But if you leave, you'll miss the Grand Trial.
- Officer Jenny: Since I'm on duty, I'm afraid I must. I know Melemele Island is peaceful, but police work keeps me busy.
- [Before the battle begins...]
- Professor Kukui: Alright Ash, one thing before your Grand Trial begins. Do you know the correct poses to use the Normal-type Z-move?
- Ash: I sure do! We've practiced until its second nature. Right Pikachu?
- Pikachu: Pika-Pika! [Indeed!]
- [A warning on using Z-moves]
- Professor Kukui: When you use a Z-move, both you and your Pokemon expend a large amount of energy. So in a way, you Pikachu and Rowlet are now, your Z-move should be quite a bit tiring.
- Ash: The important thing is when I use it. Is that right? [In other words, time the Z-move correctly or prepare to lose the match]
- Professor Kukui: Exactly, Ash. We are ready to go, Hala!
- [Rowlet is snoozing after defeating Crabrawler. Granted, it was worn out but still...]
- Ash: Rowlet, wake up! You're battling!
- Pikachu: Pika! [Come on Rowlet!]
- [With Ash's first Grand Trial win and Electrium-Z Crystal...]
- Hala: Professor Kukui.
- Professor Kukui: Hala.
- Hala: Would it be alright if I host the celebration? I'm pleased Ash has passed his first Grand trial and it would give me great pleasure to throw a big party for him!
- Professor Kukui: Of course, you may! What an honor! I can't thank you enough!
- Hala: Since it's all decided, I must get started with preparations.
- Ash: Kahuna Hala?
- Hala: What would you like, young Ash?
- Ash: My friends from the Pokemon school come too. You see, without them, I wouldn't have gotten a Z-Crystal in the first place. So would that be alright with you?
- Hala: A very good idea. Yes, invite them all right away!
Young Kiawe Had a Farm!Edit
The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair!Edit
- Meowth: [to James] Mareanie says you're quite a catch!
Racing to a Big Event!Edit
Getting to Know You!Edit
Rocking Clawmark Hill!Edit
They Might Not Be Giants!Edit
- Kiawe: I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WOULD LOSE A PRECIOUS Z-CRYSTAL!
- Ash: S-Sorry Kiawe!
- Kiawe: SORRY ISN’T ENOUGH!! USE INFERNO OVERDRIVE!
- Kiawe: YOU WHAT?! YOU LOST THE PRECIOUS Z-CRYSTAL THAT TAPU KOKO GAVE YOU?!! ASH, HOW COULD YOU?!!!
- Ash: YES, I DID!!
- Kiawe: COME BACK HERE, ASH! COME HERE!
- Sophocles: Yup, Ash is on borrowed time.
- Mallow, Lillie, and Lana: Um-hm.
- Kiawe: INFERNO OVERDRIVE!!!!
- Rotom dex: Hold it right there!
- Kiawe: So the culprit... is ROTOM!!!
- Sophocles: You know what? Rotom is on borrowed time.
- Kiawe: ROTOOOM!!! DON’T YOU GET AWAY FROM ME!
A Seasoned Search!Edit
A Guardian Rematch!Edit
- [Ash has used his Rockruff to defeat Hiorki's Mudbray. Both Ash and Hiroki shake hands]
- Hiroki: That move was incredible! Nice battle!
- Ash: Do it again, sometime?
- Hiroki: Yeah!
One Journey Ends, Another Begins...Edit
- Litten: [meows repeatedly, calling out for Stoutland, who has vanished]
- Ash: Litten...
- Rotom Pokédex: Professor, where's Stoutland?
- Kukui: [in grief] I'm sorry...
A Shivering Shovel Search!Edit
Getting the Band Back Together!Edit
Alolan Open House!Edit
A Team-on-Team Tussle!Edit
So Long, Sophocles!Edit
- [The next day, we are in Sophocles' point of view, where Sophocles imagines that he is being confronted by his classmates for lying to them about moving house]
- Ash: You lied! You're not moving at all.
- Sophocles: Stop! I didn't lie.
- Mallow: Yeah, but it's only for one week and it's on the same block.
- Sophocles: Yeah.
- Kiawe: What's the point?
- Lillie: Worrying about you was silly.
- Lana: I don't like you, Sophocles.
- Mallow: Me neither.
- Ash: (angrily) Me neither!
- Kiawe: Nor me!
- Lillie: Hmph!
- [Lana blows a raspberry and walks away with Lillie, Mallow, Ash and Kiawe]
- Sophocles: Hey, wait everybody!
A Glaring Rivalry!Edit
Pulling Out the Pokémon Base PepperEdit
- Samson Oak: Back when you were little and playing Pokémon base [impersonates Ludicolo] "Ludi-solo"!
Lulled to La-La Land!Edit
The Ol' Raise and SwitchEdit
The Island Whisperer!Edit
Treasure Hunt, Akala Style!Edit
Big Sky, Small Fry!Edit
A Crowning Moment of Truth!Edit
Currying Favor and Flavor!Edit
Trials and Determinations!Edit
Rising from the Ruins!Edit
Mallow and the Forest Teacher!Edit
Balloons, Brionne, and Belligerence!Edit
Mounting an Electrifying Charge!Edit
- [Misty grabs Brock's ear after seeing him flirt with a flight attendant. Nice to see you again, Misty!]
- Misty: Alright, I come all the way to pick you up at the airport and this is the thanks I get?!
- Ash: Ha! Misty!
- Misty: [releases her grip and waves to Ash] Hey Ash! How have you been doing?
- [Muk hugs Ash]
- Ash: Muk, it's great to see you again. [Muk continues smothering Ash. Don't suffocate your trainer, Muk!]
- [As the original trio search for Lana's Popplio]
- Ash: Misty, you sure haven't changed a bit.
- Brock: Brings back memories. I mean, how the three of us used to travel together [throughout Kanto and Johto]. We did lots of things and had lots of fun.
- Misty: Although, not everything was fun.
- Ash: I enjoyed every moment of our journey.
- Misty: I'm a little jealous of how carefree you are. [Remember, Misty had to resume duties at her Cerulean Gym at the end of Johto, while Brock stopped travelling with Ash at the end of Sinnoh, as he plans on becoming a Pokemon doctor. It is nice that we get to see Ash's original companions after years of their absence, not counting flashbacks or fantasy sequences.]
When Regions Collide!Edit
- Misty: The Cerulean Gym has the Cascade Badge.
- Brock: And this badge is proof of victory at the Pewter Gym, the Boulder Badge.
- [The class all stares in awe]
- Lillie: Pretty, huh?
- Lana: Yeah...
- Kiawe: [to Ash] You won all the badges from the Kanto region, didn't you, Ash?
- Ash: Sure did! You can win eight Badges and I won them all.
- Misty: In my case, I gave him my badge out of pity! [Actually, Misty's sisters gave him the badge for stopping Team Rocket from stealing the Cerulean Gym Pokémon]
- Brock: Say, that story has a familiar ring. [Brock gave Ash the badge despite Ash forfeiting his match due to not wanting to win through cheating]
- Kiawe: Hey Ash, what's that supposed to mean?
- Ash: [nervously laughing before backing off] And after you collected all eight badges, you can compete in the Pokémon League! [This is hinted that Ash did not seem proud of earning these badges out of pity nor what he was like in the past]