This is a list of episodes in Pokémon: Black and White, the fourteenth season of the Pokémon animated series (ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ Poketto Monsutā Besuto Uisshu?, Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes)
In the Shadow of Zekrom!Edit
- [The episode opens with a scene featuring Zekrom, the Deep Black Pokémon, on the top half of the screen, and Reshiram, the Vast White Pokémon, on the bottom half. The scene mixes into the world of Pokémon from space
- Narrator: The Pokémon world. (The camera zooms in on the planet) A world teeming with the most amazing creatures imaginable... (The camera pans across the sea, some countryside and a town nearby) ...Populating the land, the sea and the air. (The screen fades to white) Wherever you may find yourself, chances are Pokémon will be there, too. (Fade to Ash's house in Pallet Town) And that includes the Kanto region's Pallet Town... (The camera cuts to Ash getting dressed in his bedroom) ...home to this young man... (Pikachu jumps onto Ash's shoulder) ...ten-year-old Ash Ketchum, a Pokémon trainer dreaming of one day becoming a Pokémon Master.
- [Ash picks up his backpack, leaves the room and then comes back in]
- Ash: Oops. Yeah! (Picks up his hat and puts it on) Mm. Pikachu, psyched?
- Pikachu: Pika!
- Ash: Me too. Taking a trip with mom. Can't remember the last time we did that, you know?
- Delia: Ash, Professor Oak is here to pick us up.
- Ash: Great.
- Pikachu: Pika!
- Ash: Huh? (His mom sorts his hat out)
- Delia: Hm. There. Perfect.
- Iris: Check it out! Something great's going on. Axew, let's go!
- Professor Juniper: Hello, Trip. Welcome!
- Trip: Hi, Professor Juniper. I'm finally ready to set off on my journey as a Pokémon Trainer.
- Ash: What's so funny?!
- Trip: See, I was thinking that a guy like you came from the boonies.
- Ash: Hey, what do you mean "boonies"?!
- [Trip notices Pikachu and takes a few pictures of it with his camera]
- Ash: What are you doing?
- Trip: This is why we don't like people from the boonies. Listen up: A Pikachu in Unova's huge. It's a really big deal.
- Ash: It's not a big deal. Pikachu's my number one partner and buddy.
Enter Iris and Axew!Edit
- [Ash throws a Poké Ball at Iris' head]
- Iris: Ouch! [pops out of the bush she was hiding in]
- Ash: Ouch?
- [Iris emerges from the bushes]
- Iris: OK, WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!
- Ash: See, I was only trying to catch a Pokémon.
- Iris: Oh. So what you're really telling me is that I look like a Pokémon. Your Pokédex. Is this cute face in there? TELL ME, IS IT?!!
- Ash: No.
A Sandile Gusher of Change!Edit
- [Outside, a gigantic cup-shaped can crashes into the restaurant wall]
- Lisha: [shrieks] What was that?
- Restaurant Customer: It was a vending machine, Li! Back here!
- Lisha: [very angry] Well, Kai, it was a drink can!
- Restaurant Customer: What!?
- Reader: [throwing Lisha and a restaurant customer on the ground] What is wrong with 'ya today? Huh! I---
- Lisha: [shouts] NUMBER ONE!!! [rings the bell and sighs] Ash… and Teller.
- Ash: I didn't go to the bathroom when I was dressed like a clown!
- Lisha: Blablablabla! [shouts again] NUMBER TWO!!! [rings the bell again and sighs in frustration]
- Teller: Hey, Li!
- Lisha: What are you really doing to me, Tell Tell?
- Teller: I like girls, but---
- Lisha: I hate boys, but---
- Teller: [loudly] I LIKE GIRLS, B-B-B-B-B-B-BUT---
- Lisha: B-U-T means 'but', not butt!
- Teller: …
- Lisha: Chisa?
- Teller: CHISA!
- Chisa: Chisa where!?
The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice!Edit
- Ash: Ready, Pikachu?
- Pikachu: Pika! [Oh, yeah!]
- [Oshawott comes out of his Pokeball by himself]
- Oshawott: Oshawott! [Battle time!]
- Iris: Huh? Oshawott's out of his Pokeball.
- Ash: Why did you come out on your own like that?
- Oshawott: Oshawott. [I wanna battle!]
- Pikachu: Pika, pika. [Please, I got this.]
- Oshawott: Osha! Oshawott! [No! I got this.]
- Dewott's trainer: Dewott, let's go!
- [Dewott comes out]
- Dewott: Dewott! [Let's dew this!]
- Oshawott: Os... sha. Oshawott, Oshawott. [My... evolved form? ... Alright, you got this.]
- Iris: Well, go figure.
- Ash: Okay, now that that's settled, Oshawott, return!
Triple Leaders, Team Threats!Edit
- [Oshawott is eager to fight Pansage...by standing behind Pikachu and Ash]
- Ash: Oh man, here we go...
- Pikachu: Pika...[Really?]
- [Both Ash and Pikachu push Oshawott into the arena. You wanted to rumble, Oshawott, you got it!]
- Ash: Come on, Oshawott!
- Pikachu: Pikachu. [Get in there and fight.]
Dreams by the Yard Full!Edit
- Cress: Here Ash, this is for you!
- Chili: This badge is proof that you beat the Striaton Gym!
- Cilan: It's called the Trio Badge.
- [While waiting for Ash's Pokemon to recover at the Pokemon Center, Cilan wants to talk to Ash about tactics...]
- Cilan: Our battle today was a fruitful one. What struck me were the amazing pairing possibilities between trainer and Pokemon.
- Ash: Aww...come on...
- Cilan: There are things I'd like to ask you for future reference as a Pokemon Connoisseur, of course.
- Ash: Sure, fire away, Cilan.
- Cilan: [whips out his notebook and asks Ash at rapid pace and gets a little too close for comfort...] So how you do bring out a Pokemon's hidden zest in nature like you do? Also, won't you fill me in on that secret recipe of yours that allows you to turn type disadvantage into a win? Please, Ash, I'm dying to know!
- Ash: Uhhh...guess I never really thought about it. [Just then, the Pokemon Center chime rings in...whew]
Snivy Plays Hard to Catch!Edit
- Cilan: Pidove wasn't affected at all.
- Iris: You're right. Attract didn't do a thing.
- Cilan: Then of course that has to mean that Ash's Pidove is a girl.
- Iris: You're right, Cilan! Snivy's Attract wouldn't work on a girl.
- Cilan: I'll bet you Ash knew that all along. That's why Pidove battled in the first place.
- Iris: Huh...that's pretty good. He's better than I figured.
- Ash: What do you know, so Pidove’s a girl...some lucky break. [Pikachu facefaults while Cilan and Iris are baffled at Ash's reaction]
- Iris: ...Or not.
- Ash: Alright! I caught a Snivy! [Both Pikachu and Pidove jump into the celebration as well]
- [Note: Fans think that Ash owning all three current generation starters automatically makes a team look awesome. Little did the fans realize, that the idea will be deemed an ultimate disaster, later on in the show...]
Saving Darmanitan from the Bell!Edit
- Cilan: You know what? You two are actually quite alike.
- Ash/Iris: [at the same time] WAIT!?! YOU THINK I ACT LIKE HER!?!/WAIT!?! YOU THINK I ACT LIKE HIM!?!
The Bloom Is on Axew!Edit
A Rival Battle for Club Champ!Edit
A Home for DwebbleEdit
Here Comes the Trubbish SquadEdit
Minccino–Neat and TidyEdit
A Night in the Nacrene City MuseumEdit
The Battle According to LenoraEdit
Rematch at the Nacrene GymEdit
Scraggy–Hatched to Be WildEdit
Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel ForestEdit
A Connoisseur's Revenge!Edit
- [Ash joins a line of trainers who are queuing to get into the Pokémon Connoisseur shop]
- Ash: Man, this line is pretty long.
- Pikachu: Pika.
- Burgundy: (unseen) Excuse me, you in the hat.
- Ash: Huh?
- (The camera pans to a hand waving through a blue curtain)
- Burgundy: You don't have to wait in that silly line. I'm a Connaisseuse, too.
- Ash: Wow! So you can see us right away?
- Pikachu: Pika?
- Burgundy: Bien sur. Come right in.
- (Ash and Pikachu enter)
- Ash: Thanks a lot.
- Burgundy: Bon.
- Ash: Whoa!
- Burgundy: Have a seat. (Ash sits on a chair) There you go!
- Ash: Uh... I'm Ash, and I'm a Pokémon trainer, and this is my best buddy, Pikachu.
- Pikachu: Pikachu.
- Burgundy: My name is Burgundy. I may not look like it, but I'm a highly skilled Connaisseuse ranked by the Pokémon Connoisseur Association.
- Ash: Wow.
- Burgundy: So, besides my compatibility, you can also ask me about preparing Pokémon food, battle strategy, and even the choice of accessories.
- Ash: OK, I'm on a journey to become a Pokémon master. I was hoping you could tell me about the compatibility between me and my Pokémon.
- Burgundy: You mean Pikachu? It's an extremely rare Pokémon in the Unova region. (Sniffs) Pikachu even has a rare fragrance.
- Ash: I don't need to know about Pikachu.
- Burgundy: Hmm?
- Ash: No doubt we're a perfect match.
- Pikachu: Pikachu.
- Burgundy: Hmm.
- Ash: See, I want to ask you about this one. Come out, Sewaddle. (Sends out Sewaddle)
- Sewaddle: Sewaddle.
- Burgundy: Bon, I'd be more than happy to have a look at you two. Oui, alors, it is evaluating time, s'il vous plait! (Looks at Sewaddle) All right. (Surveys Ash's hair) Now, let's see... (Lays on the floor) Ho, ho, ho... (Stands up) Hmm...
- Ash: So, what do you think?
- Burgundy: The partnership between you and sewaddle is... (pokes Ash in the cheek) ...the worst ever!
- Ash: Oh!
- Pikachu: Pika?
- Burgundy: This Sewaddle's special ability is called Swarm, but you would be much more compatible with a Sewaddle that had the special ability called Chlorophyll.
- Ash: How come?
- Burgundy: Uh... just because. Are you questioning the advice of a Connaisseuse recognized by the Pokémon Connoisseur Association?! Look, the truth is, you can find bug-type Pokémon anywhere. Now, take my expert Connaisseuse advice, and go out and catch a different Sewaddle.
- Ash: For real?
- Pikachu: (crossly) Pika?
- Sewaddle: Sewaddle! (Uses String Shot on Burgundy, covering her head in string.
- Burgundy: Ahhhh.
- Ash: Ah! Sewaddle, return! (Returns Sewaddle to its Poké Ball)
- (Burgundy gets the strings off of her head)
- Burgundy: (angrily) Why, the nerve of that annoying, pesky little bug-type! Don't you have any proper Pokémon you can show me? I've had quite enough of that one, so show me another now.
- Ash: No, thanks. I've... got to go. (Stands up, but Burgundy corners him) Huh?
- Burgundy: Didn't you say you wanted to become a Pokémon master?! Unless you have your compatibility properly evaluated, that is not going to happen!
- Ash: OK, then Snivy. (Sends out his Snivy)
- Snivy: Sni, snivy.
- Burgundy: Ho, ho. (Sniffs Snivy) Hmm. It has a pungent aroma, like black pepper, with no subtlety at all. And its eyes are too sharp, like kitchen knives. Now, the taste test. (Tries to lick Snivy)
- Snivy: SniVY! (Slaps Burgundy's tongue with Vine Whip)
- Burgundy: Agh! (Lisping) Snivy also has zero respect for my tongue.
- Ash: You shouldn't say that!
Dancing with the Ducklett Trio!Edit
The Lost World of Gothitelle!Edit
A Venipede StampedeEdit
- Ash: Look. Right now, Professor Juniper's trying to figure out what's really happening, so knock it off!
- Trip: So naive. Ash, for your information, this isn't the Kanto region boonies. See?
- Ash: WHAT HAS THAT?!
Battling for the Love of Bug Types!Edit
Emolga the Irresistible!Edit
Emolga and the New Volt Switch!Edit
Scare at the Litwick Mansion!Edit
The Dragon Master's Path!Edit
Oshawott's Lost Scalchop!Edit
Cottonee in Love!Edit
- [The title card comes up]
- Ash: (voiceover) Cottonee in Love!
- [The camera pans down from the sky to where Scraggy is lying with a Cottonee floating beside it]
- Narrator: Nimbasa City, the next step on Ash's path to the Unova League, remains the focus for our travelling heroes.
- Ash: Whoa, who that's Pokémon?
- Cilan: That, Ash, is a Cottonee.
- Ash: Cottonee?
- Pikachu: Pika?
- [Ash scans the wild Cottonee with his Pokédex]
- Ash's Pokédex: Cottonee - the cotton puff Pokémon. Cottonee shoots cotton to distract its opponent when attacked, and travels around wherever the blowing wind carries it.
- [Scraggy gets up and glares at Cottonee]
- Scraggy: Scrag! Scraggy.
- Cottonee: Cotton-ee! (Shoots some cotton puff at Scraggy)
- Scraggy: Scraggy! Scrag, scrag, scrag! Scrag, scrag.
- Cilan: It's rather unusual to see a Cottonee all by itself this time of year.
- Pikachu: Pika?
- [A fantasy featuring some Cottonee begins]
- Cilan: You see, under normal circumstances, Cottonee will gather in large groups and then happily pair up.
- [The fantasy ends as Iris approaches Ash and Cilan]
- Iris: So it's like a big singles get together.
- [The Cottonee fantasy resumes]
- Cilan: Uh, I guess you could say that. Then after they've found a partner, the happy couples ride the winds as they start new lives together.
- [Back in the present, Iris eats a green apple]
- Iris: How romantic can you get?
- Cilan: Though it sounds a little less romantic with your mouth full!
- Ash: Of course! So the couples are like really good buddies, right?
- Iris: That's so like you. You're such a little kid!
A UFO for Elgyem!Edit
Ash and Trip's Third Battle!Edit
Facing Fear with Eyes Wide Open!Edit
Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster!Edit
Gotta Catch a Roggenrola!Edit
Where Did You Go, Audino?Edit
Archeops in the Modern World!Edit
- [After getting pecked in the face by Archen, Emolga uses Volt Switch to escape, sending out Cilan's Stunfisk in the process]
- Cilan: Oh dear! My Stunfisk!
- Iris: [To Emolga, who is resting on a tree branch] EMOLGA! I TOLD YOU NOT TO USE VOLT SWITCH!
- Professor Juniper: Dear. Your Emolga's Volt Switch is quite unusual, wouldn't you say?
- Iris: Oh, yeah.
A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition!Edit
Movie Time! Zorua in 'The Legend of the Pokémon Knight!Edit
Reunion Battles in Nimbasa!Edit
- Burgundy: Ahhh...battling Ash would be like a flat glass of seltzer water. I want to bring Cilan to his knees to make him pay for what he did to me! And we're looking at a big bill!
- Cilan: [nervously] I can hardly wait!
- Cilan: What do you know? How nice. I'll get a taste of tangling with Trip.
- Trip: Facing off against a Gym Leader's fine with me.
- [Ash summons his Palpitoad into battle against Burgundy's Stoutland]
- Burgundy: Oh, did you do a Pokemon exchange? Whatever, your Pokemon has an unpleasant and muddy aroma.
- Ash: I didn't exchange a thing! I caught a Palpitoad, get it? This is our first battle together. I thought it as a good chance to see if we work together as a team.
- Burgundy: [checking her defeated Stoutland] Cher, Stoutland. Like the scent of a Lillipup soaked by the rain. [Focus on your current opponent next time, Burgundy, not your potential opponent!]
Cilan Versus Trip, Ash Versus Georgia!!Edit
- Bianca: Come on, Zorua. Come here to Bianca.
- Iris: Excuse me, but that's my Axew you're squeezing!
- Bianca: No, sorry, but this is Zorua.
- Iris: Sorry, but that's Axew!
- Bianca: No, it's Zorua!
- Iris: Axew!
- Bianca: Zorua!
- [Iris and Bianca start to have a struggle over Axew]
The Club Battle Hearts of Fury: Emolga Versus Sawk!Edit
- Georgia: I guess. The combination of Fire-types and Bug-types is something to consider. NOW LISTEN UP, BIANCA, I'M THE REAL GEORGIA!
The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome!Edit
Meowth's Scrafty Tactics!Edit
Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?Edit
- Misha: You see, Purrloin is a guy. [Meowth and Oshawott scream in horror]