This is a list of episodes in Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors, (advertised as Pokémon: DP Sinnoh League Victors) aired in Japan as Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl (ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド&パール Poketto Monsutā Daiyamondo & Pāru?), the thirteenth season of the Pokémon animated series, concluding the continuing adventures of Diamond and Pearl series protagonist Ash Ketchum as he continues to travel Sinnoh with Dawn, Pikachu, and Brock.
Regaining the Home AdvantageEdit
Short and to the PunchEdit
A Marathon RivalryEdit
Yes, in Dee-Dee It's DawnEdit
Playing the Performance EncoreEdit
Fighting Ire with FireEdit
Piplup, Up and AwayEdit
- [Piplup becomes absolutely furious after getting hit by Gible's failed Draco Meteor attacks a few times]
- Piplup: LUP-PIPLUP!!! [THAT'S IT!!!]
- [Gible is confronted by an enraged Piplup]
- Piplup: PIP-PIPLUP-PIPLUP-PIPLUP-PIPLUP!!! [I AM TIRED OF YOU ALWAYS USING DRACO METEOR ON ME!!!]
Flint Sparks the FireEdit
- Volkner: Yes an electrifying one.
The Fleeing Tower of SunyshoreEdit
- [Grotle uses Tackle and sends Carnivine and Seviper flying backwards, but the two refuse to back down.]
- Ash: Grotle, awesome! Next, follow up with Razor Leaf! Let's go!
- Grotle: Grotle! Grooo...[As it is about to execute the attack, it begins to glow!]
- Ash: Grotle!
- Volkner: Grotle's evolving.
- [Seconds later, Ash's Grotle evolves into Torterra]
- Torterra: Torterra!
Teaching the Student TeacherEdit
Keeping in Top FormEdit
Pokémon Ranger: Heatran RescueEdit
An Elite CoverupEdit
Dawn of a Royal DayEdit
With the Easiest of GraceEdit
- Dawn: Togekiss has just protected Piplup!
- Piplup: Lup? [Really?]
- Togekiss: Ki-toss! [Style! For shame!]
- [Togekiss walks over to Gible]
- Togekiss: Ki-Tos Tos? Ki Tos Tos Tos? [Is Piplup really a friend of yours? If so, why are you causing him harm with that Draco Meteor?]
Dealing with a Fierce Double Ditto DramaEdit
- Dawn: Ash Ketchum! The least you two could do is train elsewhere if you're going to use Gible's Draco Meteor!
Last Call, First RoundEdit
Coming Full Festival CircleEdit
A Grand Fight for WinningEdit
For the Love of MeowthEdit
The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh WorldEdit
- Volkner: Well, this is it. Whether I lose or win, this battle it's sad that this will be our last battle.
- Flint: That's got to be Blaze, Infernape's ability.
Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon PortEdit
- [Buizel loses to Kenny's Empoleon]
- Brock: Buizel's unable to battle! The winner is Empoleon and the victory goes to Kenny! [Note: Many fans often claim that Ash's Buizel is a strong unevolved Pokémon that does not need evolution. However, Buizel was obviously put out of focus in favor of Infernape, hence why he failed against Empoleon, did not get enough character development and failed to evolve into a Floatzel when the writers had the chance to do so.]
- [Kenny arrives at the lighthouse waiting for Dawn to arrive. Instead, there's only a note]
- Kenny: Dear Kenny...
- Dawn: [in the letter] About my future plans, for the time being, I've decided to go with Ash and cheer him on at the Sinnoh League. I'll have to think about what I'm doing after that. And only I can figure that out. But I can guarantee you one thing for sure: No matter what else happens, I'm going to keep on working toward my dream of becoming Top Coordinator. And as long as we share the same dream, Kenny, I'm certain we'll meet again. Count on it!
Bucking the Treasure TrendEdit
An Old Family BlendEdit
Casting a Paul on a BarryEdit
Working on a Right MoveEdit
- Brock: Instead of using Flame Wheel, Infernape powered up by learning Flare Blitz. That was great!
- Ash: Thanks!
- Barry: So you're training hard to beat Paul, aren't you?
- Ash: Yeah, but I've gotta defeat Conway first.
- Barry: Right! I forgot. So this is your Pokémon team for today. [Ash's Infernape, Torterra and Glalie are shown] You're going for pure power with those three.
- [When Ash sends in Noctowl]
- Barry: Brock! Ash's Noctowl is a different shiny color!
- [after Ash has sent in Gible]
- Conway: I didn't think it had mastered Draco Meteor yet.
- Ash: Gible, watch out for that tongue!
- [Dusknoir is about to defeat Donphan]
- Conway: Hmm... it's the end of the line, Ash! [to Dusknoir] Shadow Punch!
- [After Ash defeated Conway]
- Conway: This has got to be the least calculated battle I've ever seen. At least a new battle equation has been inputted into my database. Heh heh heh heh heh heh.
- [after the battles for the quarter-finals have been chosen]
- Dawn: Ash against Paul.
- Barry: IT'S ABOUT TIME! Ash and Paul are finally going to battle it out!
- Brock: And Gible gets today’s gallantry award. Eat all you want.
- Gible: [eating] Gible.
- Dawn: Now that Gible has mastered Draco Meteor, I’m sure Piplup will be able to rest easier. Am I right?
- Piplup: [happy] Piplup!
- Ash: [overseeing his Pokémon] Thanks a lot, Gible, Noctowl and Donphan. I’ll work hard in round 4. And that’s a promise!
- Pikachu: Pikachu!
- [Paul and his Electivire approach]
- Barry: It’s Paul!
- Ash: Hey, Paul. So, are you fine-tuning your Pokémon?
- Paul: Yeah.
- Electivire: Electivire!
- Pikachu: Pika!
- Cynthia: [overseeing the two trainers] It’s Paul vs. Ash. I’m really looking forward to their battle.
- Narrator: [v.o.] And so, Ash advances to round 4: the quarter-finals, where our battle with Paul promises some red-hot excitement, so stay tuned for two longtime rivals going at it head to head.
- [Cut after sunset]
- Ash: I got Buizel, Professor.
- Oak: Good. Noctowl and the others are all in good hands. So, waiting for your third Pokémon for tomorrow?
- Ash: Right. It should be here any minute now.
- [Dawn enters the Pokémon Center]
- Piplup: Pip, Piplup!
- Dawn: Hey, Ash, it's here!
- Ash: Really?!
- Pikachu: Pika!
- [Dawn and Ash head outside the Pokémon Center, where Brock is waiting for them]
- Brock: Ash, [points at something off-screen] look!
- [Dawn and Ash look up and notice a familiar shadow heading for them, much to Ash's and Pikachu's delight]
- Ash: I've been waiting. Gliscor!
- Gliscor: [eagerly licks her lips] Gli.
Familiarity Breeds StrategyEdit
- Ash: Awesome, huh? Gliscor learned a lot from battling the Air Battle Master. [petting Gliscor] Training with him was a really good thing for you, wasn’t it?
- Gliscor: [licks his lips] Gliscor, Gli! [glomps Ash]
A Real Rival Rouser!Edit
- Meowth: A toxic rerun!
- Jessie: And I hate reruns!
- Paul: I purposely let you take out Aggron and Gastrodon so I could be certain of your strategy and exactly which Pokémon you'd use.
- Ash: Purposely?
- Paul: [as he recalls Drapion] Ever since I brought out Drapion, I've been able to predict every one of your moves.
- [Ash gives a rude smirk to Paul, much to Paul's confusion]
- Ash: [As Ash readies Gliscor] Paul, there's nobody like you. That's why I'm going to win this.
- Paul: [Readies Ninjask] It's the other way around. I'm leaving you way behind.
- [As Ninjask is using Agility, combined with Speed Boost, leaving Gliscor perplexed]
- Ash: Gliscor, just relax and use Stone Edge!
- [After Infernape used Flare Blitz from underground to expel Drapion’s Toxic Spikes]
- Ash: Well Paul, that takes care of your Toxic Spikes.
- Paul: It was a pretty clever move, Ash.
- Ash: Bring it on!
- Paul: Giga Drain.
- [Ninjask is using Giga Drain on Infernape]
- Barry: It looks to me like Ninjask's not able to use Speed Boost anymore.
- Dawn: It's slower alright.
- [Paul bitterly recalls Ninjask. Guess he should have improved Ninjask rather than focusing more on Honchkrow.]
- Announcer: And Infernape's Mach Punch puts an end to Ninjask's speedy spinning. And now both sides just have three Pokemon remaining, turning this bout into a serious battle of strategies.
- Dawn: Wow! Those two did it!
- Barry: [sighs in relief] I was worried for a while. Good thing Pikachu’s awesomely strong!
- Brock: But Paul still has two Pokémon left. And one of them hasn’t even battled yet. Ash’s Pokémon all have taken damage, and that can only mean one thing: [cue Pikachu panting out of exhaustion] Ash is still operating at a disadvantage.
- [After Pikachu defeated Froslass, much to Team Rocket’s relief]
- James: I need to take a nap. Tussling twerps exhaust me.
- Jessie: I’d take a pause for the cause. [opens a can of soda and drinks it]
- James and Meowth: Stop, Jess!
- Jessie: [screams] I'm a profit guzzler!
- Meowth: Well, since we know you, we'll recharge ya triple.
- [[As soon as Gliscor is sent out, it briefly loses balance, wincing in pain]
- Announcer: Gliscor looks a bit shaken, obviously reeling from the previous bout with Ninjask.
- Ash: Gliscor, let’s see what you’ve learned from your training with the Air Battle Master! You ready?
- Gliscor: [nods] Gliscor!
- Ash: [thinking] I know Drapion’s battling style by now, and the only one who can turn the tables on Paul is Gliscor.
- [After Gliscor lands a Giga Impact on Drapion and performed a mid-air somersault, much to Ash’s and Team Rocket’s amazement, and the confusion of Paul and his Drapion]
- Dawn: Now that's the way to be in an air battle!
- Barry: Yeah! Gliscor's training is really paying off!
- Brock: Right! And you can thank the Air Battle Master! [v.o.] Now Gliscor's safe even after not being able to move right after using Giga Impact!
- Paul: Well done. That Stone Edge got my attention alright. So...PIN MISSILE!
Battling a Thaw in Relations!Edit
- [After Paul sent in Electivire]
- Ash: [thinking] Electric-type moves have no effect on Gliscor, but still...
- Gliscor: [turns to Ash] Gliscor Gli Gliscor. [Let me fight Electivire.]
- Ash: But, Gliscor... [short pause] 'Kay, you've got yourself a deal. [Note: A lot of fans claim that Ash's Gliscor is better than Ash's Torterra just because it beat up Byron's Bastiodon and Paul's Drapion. However, those are the only two battles Gliscor has won. Gliscor needs more wins to be 'better' than Torterra as well as not being underutilize throughout the series.]
- [Infernape falls to the ground after taking a brutal Thunder attack from Electivire.]
- Announcer: Infernape is down!
- James: It can't be...
- Jessie: Come on, Infernape! Show us some of that fighting spirit!
- Meowth: You've never trown in the towel with anything you've ever done, so don't start throwing it now!
- Wobbuffet: [clamoring] WOB-BUFFET!! [Don't let us down!]
- Dawn: Poor Infernape...
- Piplup: [teary-eyed] Lup...[So horrible...]
- [Reggie and Cynthia watch over Infernape, wondering if the Flame Pokémon, and Ash for that matter, is really eliminated.]
- Referee: Infernape's unable to-- huh?
- Electivire: [to the referee] Vire! [Wait!]
- [Infernape starts to help itself to its feet.]
- Referee: Oh!
- [Infernape stares angrily through blurry eyes at Electivire, who motions for Infernape to stand up.]
- Electivire: Electi! Electivire! [Get up, Infernape! I want this battle to be done properly!]
- Paul: [disappointed] So I guess that's the best you can do then? You're pathetic, just like always.
- Infernape: Fern...ape! [I'm not done!] [It's eyes open up with a renewed drive to claim victory over Electivire and Paul.]
- Ash: 'Fraid not.
- Paul: Huh?!
- Cynthia and Reggie: Ohh!
- Ash: Alright! Infernape, time to show Paul just how strong you are!
- Infernape: [As Blaze activates] Innnn...feerrrrn...AAAAAAPE!!! AAAAAAPE! [PATHETIC?!]
- Ash: Yes!
- Announcer: And Infernape is back with a vengeance...
- Paul: Hmph!
- Announcer: ...showing the entire stadium incredible will and fighting spirit!
- [The effects of Infernape's Blaze radiate upward from the battlefield, and can be seen from outside the stadium.]
- Barry: It's Blaze!
- Brock: Reaching the absolute limits of Infernape's endurance has actually brought out its greatest strength!
- Dawn: But with all of the damage Infernape's taken, they better finish this up, quickly!
- Piplup: [cheering Infernape on] Pip... PIPLUP! PIPLUP! [Come on! Teach 'em a lesson!]
- Team Rocket: [cheering] Infernape's up, so are we! A happier team you'll never see! Help that twerp make the bad guy drool and slurp!
- Reggie: So this is what Ash was going for all along!
- Ash: Time for the real battle! Alright! Infernape, Flamethrower!
- Infernape: [Launching Flamethrower] Innn...FERNAPE! [Eat Flamethrower!]
- Paul: Infernape's more powerful than ever, so heads-up! Thunder!
- Electivire: [releasing Thunder] Electi...vire! [Here's...Thunder!]
- [resisting Flamethrower] Vire! [Ouch!]
- [The two attacks explode on impact, leaving the battlefield in dust.]
- Ash: Mach Punch, go!
- Infernape: In...fernape! [quickly lands a blow on Electivire with said attack] [Take this!]
- Electivire: E...vire! [is sent flying from Infernape's Mach Punch, but is able to land on its feet.] [Arrgh!]
- Ash and Paul: Let's finish this!
- Paul: Use Thunder Punch!
- Electivire: [charging towards Infernape with Thunder Punch] Elec-ec-ec-ec-ec! [Here comes Thunder Punch!]
- Ash: Flare Blitz, GO!
- Infernape: Innn...fernnn...aaaAAPE!! [charges up, then hurtles toward Electivire with Flare Blitz] [Counter this!]
- Electivire: [unleashing Thunder Punch] Electi...
- [The two attacks collide, forming a powerful tornado that is visible outside the stadium, with Ash holding his ground and Paul standing still on either side of it.]
- Infernape: In...FERN...AAAAPE!![In the midst of a split-screen struggle between the two attacks, Infernape breaks the fourth wall and overpowers Electivire, causing the tornado to surge and strengthen.]
- [Infernape appears behind Electivire, having dealt a devastating blow to Electivire.]
- Infernape: [taking recoil damage from Flare Blitz] Infernape...[Arrgh...]
- Electivire: [exploding from the force of Flare Blitz] Vire! [OW!] [Electivire's eye lights up within the smoke.]Electi. Electivire. [Huh. Well done.]
- Infernape: Infernape! [Turns around and meets its opponent in a staredown.]
- [Infernape & Ash and Electivire & Paul stare at each other in a moment of extreme tension in which the winner of their battle is decided. A heartbeat can be heard.]
- Electivire: Vire... [No...] [Succumbs to its damage, fainting.]
- Referee: Electivire is unable to battle! Infernape wins! Which means the victory goes to Ash of Pallet Town!
- Ash: ALRIGHT!!
- Announcer: And that's all she wrote! After a fantastically fierce full 6-on-6 battle, the winner of today's attack fest is Ash!!
- Paul: [recalling his Electivire] Thank you. Good battle, Electivire. Hm?
- Infernape: Infernape! [What do you think?]
- Paul: Well...huh? [Infernape collapses but luckily Ash manages to catch him]
- [At Veilstone City, Reggie talks to his own Staraptor and Swalot, along with Paul's Torterra, Honchkrow, Weavile and Ursaring]
- Reggie: I'm sorry, but Paul lost. [The Pokemon all groan in sadness] But you know the battle will just make Paul stronger still. As soon as Paul gets back, then we'll have a battle. [The Pokemon all cheer in happiness]
- Paul: Infernape's gotten a lot stronger.
- Ash: Yeah, sure has, Paul. Are you going?
- Paul: I lost, Ash, didn't I? So there's no reason to stay. I'm going to go back to Snowpoint City and request another battle with Brandon.
- Ash: Got ya. Good luck, Paul.
- Paul: Yeah...thanks, you too.
- Cynthia: Paul...and Ash. Someday soon, they'll both be entering the Champion League and how I look forward to that day.
- [Just then the boat rings signalling that it is about to leave]
- Paul: So...I'll see you. [walks away saddened that karma had finally caught up to him]
- Ash: One more thing, Paul! Let's battle again real soon!
- Pikachu: Pika-Pika! (Take care, Paul!)
- [Paul is shocked by the proposal but has a warm friendly smile. He waves goodbye to Ash in a friendly matter without looking back, finally acknowledging Ash as a worthy trainer]
The Semi-Final FrontierEdit
- Tobias: [after recalling Darkrai, who finally lost for once] You have definitely proved you earned your spot in the semi-final round. To think I'm using my second Pokémon right here in this Poké Ball. LET'S GO! [Seconds later, Tobias summons...a Latios?!? Tobias is universally hated by fans for first appearing in the middle of the League arc with little build up and using Mythicals and Legendaries in the League. Good thing Cynthia is still Champion.]
The Brockster is InEdit
- James: Bingo! My favorite bling!
- Jessie: [laughs] Is it gold? Silver? Platinum?
- Meowth: Rubies or sapphires? Although diamonds and pearls rock too!
- James: It's not quite that black and white.
- James: Hey, that's my bottlecap!
- Jessie: You may have lost a bottlecap but you've gained your life!
- Meowth: Yeah, word up.
- James: That was...my life.
Memories are Made of BlissEdit
- Brock: [after getting a Poison Jab by Croagunk for daydreaming about Paris] Since when is it against the law to dream?!
- [Cynthia had just defeated Flint without breaking too much of a sweat]
- Announcer: Infernape is down, unable to take out Cynthia's Garchomp after defeating two of her Pokémon. So once again, Cynthia defends her title as Champion Master and remains on her throne. Can anyone beat her?
- Ash: Yeah, I can! [Little did Ash realize, his wish will come true in the future...]
- Dawn: That came out of nowhere.
- Piplup: Piplup. [Shocker]
- Ash: No way, Dawn! It's always on my mind! Someday, somehow, I'm going to win the Champion League and become Champion Master. [Again, little did Ash realize, that his wish becoming a Champion Master will come true but not in the way he expected...]
- [Note: Ash's Sinnoh team may be one of the strongest but it certainly is not the best. Diamond and Pearl is "Pokémon: The Chimchar/Infernape Show" given that the writers focused so much on Infernape at the expense of the other teammates. The writers need to make Torterra, Staraptor and Gliscor have more wins and both Gible and Buizel need to fully evolve. When you make your second ace strong at the expense of the other teammates barring Pikachu, you utterly failed at balancing screen-time. This stunt would later be repeated with "Pokémon: The Ash Greninja Show" in Generation VI in Season 19.]