The Lego Movie
2014 animated film by Phil Lord and Chris Miller
The Lego Movie is a 2014 computer animated comedy film about an ordinary LEGO construction worker, thought to be the prophesied "special", who is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil tyrant from gluing the LEGO universe into eternal stasis.
- Directed and written by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Story by Dan Hageman, Kevin Hageman, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.
- [to Lord Business] You don't have to be the bad guy. You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone. The prophecy is made up, but it's also true. It's about all of us. Right now, it's about you. And you... still... can change everything. I am not special cause i am not, the only thing i was doing was saved the world, and i mean anyone can save the world
- One day, a talented lass or fellow, a special one with face of yellow, will make the Piece of Resistance found from it's hiding refuge underground, and with a noble army at the helm, this Master Builder will thwart the Kragle and save the realm, and be the greatest, most interesting, most important person of all times. All this is true because it rhymes.
- Believe... I know it sounds like a cat poster but it's true.
President Business/Lord BusinessEdit
- All I'm asking for is total perfection.
- Hi, I'm President Business, president of the Octan corporation and the world. Let's take extra care to follow the instructions [whispers] or you'll be put to sleep, and don't forget Taco Tuesday's coming next week. That's the day every rule following citizen gets a free taco and my love! Have a great day, everybody.
Everything is AwesomeEdit
- Everything is awesome!
Everything is cool when you're part of a team.
Everything is awesome when we're livin' our dream
No need to rock the boat
When we stick together
Side by side, blend right in, fittin' in forever.
Let's party forever!
We're the same, I'm like you, you're like me,
When we're working in harmony, yeah.
Everything is awesome!
Everything is cool when you're part of a team.
Everything is awesome when we're livin' our dream.
- [first lines]
- Vitruvius: He's coming. Cover your butt.
- Batman: [while under attack] To the Batmobile!
- [the Bad Guys shoot at the Batmobile, blowing it up]
- Batman: Dang it...
- Wonder Woman: To the Invisible Jet!
- [the Bad Guys shit at an empty space next to the Batmobile, causing an explosion]
- Wonder Woman: Dang it...
- Vitruvius: We are entering your mind...
- Emmet: What?
- Vitruvius: To prove that you have the unlocked potential to be a Master Builder.
- [Vitruvius and Wyldstyle make chanting noises around Emmet, followed by a big flash of light]
- Emmet: [floating in space] Whoa, are we inside my brain right now? It's big. I must be smart.
- Vitruvius: I'm not hearing a whole lot of activity in here.
- Lucy: I don't think he's ever had an original thought... in his life.
- Emmet: [chuckles] That's not true. For instance, one time I wanted a bunch of my friends over to watch TV, not unlike this TV that just showed up magically. And not everybody can fit on my one couch, and I thought to myself, well, what if there's such a thing as a bunkbed but as a couch? Introducing the double decker couch! So everyone could watch TV together and be buddies!
- Lucy: That's literally the dumbest thing I ever heard.
- Vitruvius: Please, Wyldstyle, let me handle this. That idea is just the worst.
- Robot: [At the Octan loading bay] Who are you here to see?
- Batman: I'm here to see... your butt!
- Robot: Is that a last name Butt, first name your...? [Batman throws a Batarang at the Robot decapitating him] Oh, my gosh!
- [Batman and Benny laugh then Batman throws another Batarangs at the gate button but fails to hit it]
- Batman: Pow!
- [he throws another which still doesn't hit it]
- Batman: Wham!
- [he throws another and misses again]
- Batman: Kezap!
- [he then repeatedly throws the Batarangs until it finally hits the button making it go green]
- Batman: First try!
- President Business: Hi, I'm President Business, president of the Octan corporation and the world. Let's take extra care to follow the instructions, [whispering] or you'll be put to sleep. And don't forget Taco Tuesday's coming next week! That's the day every rule-following citizen gets a free taco and my love. Have a great day, everybody!
- Emmet: You have a great day too, President Business. Man, he's such a cool guy. I always wanna hear more of what... [realized about Business] Wait, did he say "put to sleep"?
- Unikitty: You need to be more friendly!
- Chris Pratt as Emmet Brickowski
- Will Ferrell as President Business/Lord Business/The Man Upstairs (Finn's Father)
- Elizabeth Banks as Wyldstyle/Lucy
- Will Arnett as Lego Batman
- Nick Offerman as Metal Beard
- Alison Brie as Princess Unikitty
- Charlie Day as Benny
- Liam Neeson as Bad Cop/Good Cop/Pa Cop
- Morgan Freeman as Vitruvius
- Jadon Sand as Finn
- Melissa Sturm as Gail/Ma Cop
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Shaquille O'Neal as himself
- Jake Johnson as Barry
- Robbie Daymond as Randy (Uncredited)
- Dave Franco as Wally
- Keegan-Michael Key as Foreman Jim
- Will Forte as Lego Abraham Lincoln
- Jorma Taccone as Lego William Shakespeare/Sheriff Not a Robot
- David Burrows as Octan Robot and Super Secret Police Robots
- Chris Romano as Plumber Joe
- Amanda Farinos as Mom
- Chris McKay as Larry the Barista
- Todd Hansen as Gandalf/Swamp Creature
- Doug Nicholas as Surfer Dave/Micro Managers
- Chris Paluszek as Robot Foreman
- Kelly Lafferty as Lord Business' Assistant
- Graham Miller as Lego Duplo
- Leiki-Veskimets as Octan Computer
- Chris Miller as TV Presenter