The Batman (film)
The Batman is a 2022 American superhero film based on the comic book character created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. It is a reboot of the Batman film franchise. Set in his second year of fighting crime, the film sees Batman uncover corruption in Gotham City while pursuing the Riddler, a serial killer who targets Gotham's elite.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Bruce Wayne / BatmanEdit
- I'm vengeance.
- How am I a part of this?
- Fear is a tool.
- When that light hits the sky, it's not just a call. It's a warning.
- This whole city is a powder keg, and Riddler's the match.
- What have you done?!
- I don't care what happens to me.
- Justice. The answer is justice.
- All these years, you lied to me, Alfred.
- You got a lot of cats.
- Selina, don't throw your life away.
- Maybe this is all coming to an end.
Selina Kyle / CatwomanEdit
- Riddler's latest, it's all about the Waynes.
- It's only gonna get worse for you. It will be bloody.
- Maybe we're not so different.
- Come on, vengeance. Let's get into some trouble.
- Who are you under there? What are you hiding?
- If we don't stand up, no one will.
- I have a thing about strays.
- Don't worry, honey. I got nine of 'em.
Edward Nashton / The RiddlerEdit
- You came. I've been trying to reach you.
- I'm just here to unmask the truth about this cesspool we call a city.
- You're a part of this, too.
- Oh, you're really not as smart as I thought you were.
- If you are justice, please do not lie. What is the price for your blind eye?
- What's black and blue and dead all over? You.
- It can be cruel, poetic, or blind. But when it's denied, it's your violence you may find.
Oswald Cobblepot / The PenguinEdit
- Whoa! This guy's crazy!
- Whoa! Take it easy, sweetheart!
- You're everything they say, ain't ya?
- [laughing uproariously] I got you! I got you! Take that, you friggin' psycho! I got you, ha ha ha ha ha!
- Hey, vengeance!
- You're becoming quite a celebrity.
- Why is he writing to you?
- If this continues, it won't be long before you have nothing left.
- The killer left this for the Batman.
- We all had our scars, Bruce. You're still a Wayne.
- [Batman visits The Riddler in his holding cell in Arkham to interrogate him. The Riddler holds up his empty, cuffed hands in front of him]
- The Riddler: I told you I'd see you in hell.
- Batman: What do you want from me?
- The Riddler: Want? If only you knew how long I've been waiting for this day. For this moment. I've been invisible my whole life. I guess I won't be anymore, will I? They'll remember me now. They'll remember both of us.
- [Batman says nothing. The Riddler pauses.]
- The Riddler: ...Bruce... Wayne... Bruuuuuuuce.... Waaaaayne... You know, I was there that day. The day the great Thomas Wayne announced he was running for mayor, made all those promises. Well, a week later, he was dead and everyone just forgot about us. All they could talk about was poor Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, the orphan. Orphan... [The Riddler looks down and shakes his head] Living in some tower over the park isn't being an orphan. Looking down on everyone with all that money. Don't you tell me. Do you know what being an orphan is? It's thirty kids to a room. Twelve years old, already a drophead, numbing the pain. You wake up screaming with rats chewing your fingers, and every winter one of the babies die because it's so cold. But, oh no. Let's talk about the billionaire with the lying dead daddy because at least the money makes it go down easy, doesn't it? Bruce... Wayne...
- [Batman continues to look away and not respond]
- The Riddler: He's the only one we didn't get.
- [Batman looks towards The Riddler and starts walking towards the cell window]
- The Riddler: But we got the rest of 'em, didn't we? All those slick, sleazy phony pricks. God, look at you. Your mask is amazing. I wish you could've seen me in mine. Ain't it funny? All everyone wants to do is unmask you, but they're missing the point. You and I both know I'm looking at the real you right now. My mask allowed me to be myself completely. No shame, no limits.
- Batman: Why did you write me?
- The Riddler: What do you mean?
- Batman: All those cards.
- The Riddler: I told you. We've been doing this together, you're a part of this.
- Batman: We didn't do anything together.
- The Riddler: We did. What did we just do? I asked you to bring him into the light, and you did. We're such a good team.
- Batman: We're not a "team."
- The Riddler: I never could have gotten him out of there. I'm not physical, my strength is [gestures to head] up here, I mean, I had all the pieces, I had the answers but I didn't know how to make them listen. You gave me that.
- Batman: I gave you nothing.
- The Riddler: You showed me what was possible! You showed me all it takes is fear and a little focused violence. You inspired me.
- Batman: You're out of your goddamned mind.
- The Riddler: ... What?
- Batman: This is all in your head. You're sick, twisted.
- The Riddler: How can you say that?
- Batman: You think you'll be remembered? You're a pathetic psychopath, begging for attention.
- The Riddler: No!
- Batman: You're gonna die alone in Arkham. A nobody!
- The Riddler: No, no, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOO! AAAAAAAAAAAH, THIS IS NOT HOW THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO GO! IIIIIIIIIIIIIII HAD IT ALL PLANNED OUT! We were gonna be safe here! We could watch the whole thing together.
- Batman: Watch what?
- The Riddler: Everything!
- [Batman stares. The Riddler pauses.]
- The Riddler: ... It was all there. You mean you didn't figure it out? Oh, you're really not as smart as I thought you were. I guess I gave you too much credit.
- Batman: What have you done?
- The Riddler: What's black, and blue, and dead all over? You... If you think you can stop what's coming.
- Batman: [leans onto the cell window] What have you done?
- The Riddler: [singing falsetto] Ave maria...
- Batman: [pounds on the glass] WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!
- The Riddler: Gratia plena...
- Batman: [pounds on the glass again] WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!
- [The Riddler continues singing, and Batman pounds on the glass and shouts in desperate frustration]
- Unmask the truth.
- You are a part of this too. Find out why.