Batman: Year One (film)
2011 film by Lauren Montgomery, Sam Liu
- [first lines] Gotham City. Clean shafts of concrete and snowy rooftops. The work of men who died generations ago. From here, it looks like an achievement. From here, you can't see the enemy.
- I've tried to be patient. I've tried to wait. But I have to know. How, Father? How do I do it? What do I use to make them afraid? If I ring the bell, Alfred will come. Another of your gifts, Father. But I'd rather die than wait another hour. I've already waited 18 years. Eighteen years since all sense left my life. [a bat crashes through his window, lands on his father's sculpture] Yes, Father.
- [Batman invades a dinner party of Gotham City's criminal elite and their corrupted government officials who thought the new superhero would never bother them] Ladies, gentlemen, you've eaten well. You've eaten Gotham's wealth. Its spirit. But your feast is nearly over. From this moment on, none of you are safe.
- [to Jefferson Skeevers] You can never escape me. Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it with someone like you.
- Twelve years. And the ache is still fresh. Like a raw angry nerve. But this isn't about healing. I'm not looking for closure.
- Lieutenant Jim Gordon: [about Detective Flass] He's got a Green Beret's training. He knows how to use his size too. Don't do a damn thing. Be sure of your facts before you bring down another cop. Just watch him. Memorize every move. For future references.
- Commissioner Gillian B. Loeb: [to Gordon, the day after Batman crashes Falcone's dinner party] No excuses! That vigilante bastard goes down, instantly, or it's your job!
- Driver: Mr. Falcone, your Rolls, it's gone.
- Carmine Falcone: He took it. Said it's in the river. Thinks he's a damn Robin Hood. He dies.
- Barbara Eileen-Gordon: [about Bruce Wayne] He's a pig.
- Lieutenant Jim Gordon: He's acting like one. Anyone who'd wear a cape and hurt criminals might go far to keep his secrets.
- Barbara Eileen-Gordon: Or he really is a sleazy, womanizing scumbag.
- [Falcone expresses worry about Batman]
- Commissioner Gillian B. Loeb: Two sides to everything, Carmine. Yes, he's taken out a few street dealers. But the people have a hero now. They feel safe.
- Dinner Guest: [grinning] And the safer they feel, the fewer questions they ask, right, Gil?
- Barbara Eileen-Gordon: [aiming Jim's gun] Don't move! I'll shoot, I will!
- Bruce Wayne: [his face hidden in shadow] Mrs. Gordon, I won't let your son die. Trust me.
- Ben McKenzie - Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Bryan Cranston - Lieutenant James Gordon
- Eliza Dushku - Selina Kyle/Catwoman
- Jon Polito - Commissoner Gillian B. Loeb
- Alex Rocco - Carmine Falcone
- Katee Sackhoff - Detective Sarah Essen
- Fred Tatasciore - Detective Arnold John Flass, Johnny Vitti
- Jeff Bennett - Alfred Pennyworth
- Liliana Mumy - Holly Robinson
- Grey DeLisle - Barbara Eileen-Gordon, Vicki Vale
- Robin Atkin Downes - Harvey Dent
- Keith Ferguson - Jefferson Skeevers
- Nick Jameson - Officer Stanley "Stan" Merkel
- Pat Musick - Louisa Falcone
- Stephen Root - Lieutenant Branden
- Danny Jacobs - Flass's Attorney