Samurai Jack is an American animated television series created by animator Genndy Tartakovsky that aired on Cartoon Network from 2001 until 2004. However, the fifth season will premiere on Adult Swim in March 2017. The series tells the story of a heroic samurai's adventures in a dystopian future ruled by the demon Aku.
- Aku: (opening narration for Seasons 1-4) Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shapeshifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku!
- Jack: (opening narration for Season 5) 50 years have passed, but I do not age. Time has lost its effect on me. Yet the suffering continues. Aku's grasp chokes the past, present, and future. Hope is lost. Gotta get back. Back to the past. Samurai Jack.
The Beginning [1.01]Edit
- Aku: [emerges from the ground] Once again, I am free to smite the world as I did in days long past.
- Samurai: No matter what form you take, Aku, you will never defeat the side of righteousness.
- Emperor: I fought once like you, but the sword is only a tool. What power has it compared to the hand that wields it? Evil is clever, and deception is its most powerful weapon. Let the sword guide you to your fate, but let your mind set free the path to your destiny.
- [the samurai prepares to strike the final blow onto Aku]
- Aku: You might have beaten me now, but I will destroy you in the future.
- Samurai: There is no future for you, Aku.
- Aku: I disagree. [he shrieks fives circles and forms a white hole above the samurai]
- Samurai: What trickery is this? [the circles envelope the samurai; he slashes but he disappears in a flash of white light] Aku—!! [the light fades off; Aku slowly rises]
- Aku: Do not worry, samurai. You will see me again. But next time, you will not be so fortunate.
The Samurai Called Jack [1.02]Edit
- [the samurai encounters cheering homeboys after avoiding the garbage cruncher]
- Homeslice: Yo, Jack! That was some awesome show!
- Brobot: I've never peered upon moves Iike that, Jack!
- Cole Lampkin: Word! Jack was aII ricocheticaIIy-jumpa-deIic!
- Homeslice: Aw, hezeck, yeah! BodigiousIy acrobatastic!
- Brobot: Word! Word! But then, when Jack puIIed that Swiss arm it was aII, Iike, schwim-swack-swoof! Man, right through the car! Swick-attack-whack was fuII on the back, Jaaack!
- Cole Lampkin: Oh, yeah, yeah! And he was aII schfoo-boom! Man! Eat that, fIucking crucker!
- Homeslice: Yo, then my man just lands aII coolish styIe like, "No sweating, chiII."
- Cole Lampkin: Bu-bu-but then that gunner wanna come out aII ramma-lamma-lamma, and then the trashin' aII munchin' and crunchin' and snack-mixin'!
- Brobot: Out of that phat, supercagafragaIistic-tistic tie, yo!
- Homeslice: Yeah! But Jack's just Iike, "Word! Let me get some. Tie, grab. Zzip! I'm out, yo!"
- Aku: Many years have gone since that day. And now, my formidabIe foe, you wiII pay for my pain in the past with your pain in the future.
- Jack: I have seen Aku implement these atrocities before, but no more. Even dogs should not be forced to live like dogs!
The First Fight [1.03]Edit
- Aku: He is stronger than I remember... But no matter. For you see, IittIe samurai, the worId is mine! My eyes and ears are everywhere. Nothing you do wiII go unseen. Quest as you may, but we wiII meet again when I see fit in a time and pIace of my choosing. And it is I who shaII put an end to the war started in that age Iong past... Samurai Jack!
- Rothie: [after Jack has slayed all of Aku's drones] Now, that was smashing! A reaI bang-up job!
- [he's laughing joyfully until Jack opens his menacingly-looking eyes at him]
- Rothie: Ahem... Good, Sir Jack. 'Twas truIy a nobIe deed you have done today, and an historic victory most worthy of our Iogs. You have saved our pack from the wrath of Aku's drones. We are forever indebted to you. [all dogs have lowered their hunting hats in unison]
- Jack: Thanks are not necessary. It is my duty to oppose the minions of Aku and my mission to vanquish the very demon himseIf.
- Rothie: WeII, then, now that we have a chance at freedom we shouId take our Ieave of these forsaken mines. Our pack shaII continue our once-nomadic Iife searching for more answers to our puzzIing history. [Jack offers a handshake]
- Jack: I wish you the best.
- Rothie: We certainIy invite you to join us.
- Jack: No, I cannot! Aku's wrongs must be righted. SureIy there is a way to reverse his speII. I wiII find a way back to my own time. There, I wiII finish what I started centuries ago and defeat Aku's eviI before it was ever truIy unIeashed.
Jack in Space [1.05]Edit
- Jack: You see, in days long past where rockets and robots were nowhere near creation, a young warrior forged into battle with Aku. At the point where victory was imminent, Aku tricked the warrior and flung him from his own time to a distant time in the future. To reclaim his homeland and undo the evil of Aku, the warrior has to find some sort of time passage home. Such a magic is difficult to find.
Jack vs. Mad Jack [1.08]Edit
- [Jack encounters an exact replica of himself in black robes and red eyes]
- Jack: What sorcery is this? Who are you?
- Mad Jack: Don't be such a fool! I'm you!
- Jack: If you are me, then who am I?
- Mad Jack: Graahh! You're so stupid! You are you also!
- Jack: Enough! You are my mirror image, yet your speech is foul with evil and disrespect. Who are you, and how have you come to be me?
- Mad Jack: I am the son of Aku's magic. He has looked deep within you and has spawned me from your own burning hatred. I am your dark side, and I possess all the powers that you wield. And I have only one purpose in my existence: to destroy you!
- Mad Jack: [Jack is meditating] What the heck is going on?
- Jack: You have lost. The battle is over.
- Mad Jack: What?!
- Jack: You are my inner demon. You have been born from the hatred within me. But now that hatred is no more. Thus, you do not exist.
- Mad Jack: Fool! I am real! Now feel the reality of my cold, hard steel!
Jack Learns to Jump Good [2.01]Edit
- Jack: [after fighting tribe of gorillas away] Who were they?
- Man: Other tribe.
- Jack: Why do you not defend what's yours? [the man kneels to a flower]
- Man: We peaceful like flower. Know not how to protect ourselves. Other tribe [punches flower to pieces] take food, smash home, never leave us alone!! We pick up pieces, replant somewhere else. [Jack pauses for a beat] We scared. Now, like before, we find new home. [long beat]
- Jack: l could show you how to defend yourselves... how to protect what is yours. [the man is suddenly happy, jumps on Jack to be held]
- Man: And we show you to jump good!
- [he starting hooting to his tribe of monkeys; they all raise their fists]
- Man: They agree. We learn to protect and defend.
- Jack: And they will show me to jump good?
- Man: No. [Jack reacts] I mean, yes.
- [Jack runs to the time portal before Aku appears suddenly behind the portal again]
- Jack: Aku!
- Aku: Samurai fool! Your efforts are in vain again! [he grabs and seize the time portal] This gateway to the past is once more [Jack jumps up high and reaches Aku's face before he could finish his sentence] beyond your rea— You can fly?!
- Jack: No. Jump good! [he slashes Aku and freeze frame]
The Birth of Evil Part IEdit
- Aku: Nothing of this world can harm me, for I am Aku! The shogun of sorrow, the deliverer of darkness, your new master and you will bow to me!
The Birth of Evil Part IIEdit
- High Priestess: [catches Ashi taking a peek outside] Bask in the glory of what our master has created. Admire its beauty, but know that the samurai is out there leaving a wake of devastation wherever he goes. That's why, my sweet Ashi, the daughters of Aku must stay focused. Never relent, always attack. [throws her towards the giant priest] Teach this one a lesson!
- High Priestess: [after her daughters have completed their training] Your training is complete. Go! Kill! You are seven, but now you wear the face of one, one purpose for which you were born: TO KILL THE SAMURAI!!!!
- Dr. Aku: So, tell me what's been bothering you.
- Aku: Well, you see, Doc, it's been over 50 years already.
- Dr. Aku: It's been that long?
- Aku: Yes. You see, that's the actual problem. Once I eradicated all the time portals, I thought I would just wait it out, and then the samurai-
- Dr. Aku: We don't say his name here. It is a safe place!
- Aku: Yes yes, sorry Doctor. Well I just assumed that eventually over time, he would just-
- Aku and Dr. Aku: DIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
- Aku: ... But he hasn't even aged. I mean like at all. He just grew that stupid beard. It looks like he'll be here forever! I- I just don't know if I can handle that!
- Dr. Aku: Yes, it seems that the initial time travel has affected the aging process. It's quite the conundrum.
- Aku: Yes... What is that again?
- Dr. Aku: Just a confusing or difficult problem.
- Aku: Yes. Problem. I wish there was someone who can dispose of my problem.
- Aku and Dr. Aku: Yes... One can hope.
- [after escaping from the Daughters of Aku, Jack hides and is confronted by a blue apparition of his former self]
- Past Jack: It's time to end it, don't you think?
- Jack: Never. They are just machines. I'll find a way. I always have.
- Past Jack: When you have the sword, but now it's gone! There's no hope!
- Jack: I've been doing fine without it.
- Past Jack: Well, listen to you. And what are you going to do when Aku finds you and realizes you have no sword?
- Jack: Aku doesn't know, and he hasn't shown himself in years. He keeps thinking that one of his machines can defeat me.
- Past Jack: Maybe he's right. You haven't faced anything so powerful! How much longer can you keep this up?!
- Jack: It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way. They're just nuts and bolts... just nuts and bolts.
- Past Jack: Who cares anymore?! There's no way home! There's nothing to fight for! There's no more honor! Come to think of it, the only honorable thing to do is—
- Jack: Quiet.
- Past Jack: NO! I WON'T SPEND ETERNITY IN THIS FORSAKEN TIME!!
- Jack: What do you want from me?
- Past Jack: I want it to end. Aren't you tired? Wouldn't it be great to be free of all of this? Our ancestors are waiting for us. They want you to join them.
- [Jack sees through the crack; he sees the silhouette of a horned knight on horseback in the green mist and a temple behind them]
- Jack: There.
- Past Jack: You'll never make it! They'll get you!
- Jack: I'll make it.