King Kong vs. Godzilla
King Kong vs. Godzilla (キングコング対ゴジラ Kingu Kongu Tai Gojira) is a 1962 Japanese science fiction Kaiju film in which a pharmaceutical company captures King Kong and brings him to Japan, where he escapes from captivity and battles a recently released Godzilla.
- When you and the monster meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
- [King Kong has just encountered Godzilla]
- Osamu Sakurai: Oh, I'll bet Kong has no chance.
- Mr. Tako: I'll toss you…heads for King Kong. [flips coin] Tails…
- Osamu Sakurai: [King Kong is breaking free] There's no time to argue! Destroy him!
- Mr. Tako: What? King Kong is my responsibility, and you have no right to destroy him!
- Furue: You dumbbell!
- Mr. Tako: Dumbbell?
- Furue: King Kong could kill us all! You wouldn't care! Publicity's all you want! Publicity!
- Osamu Sakurai: The storm will awaken Kong's inner strength. You'll see.
- Kazuo Fujita: Like spinach does for Popeye?
- Osamu Sakurai: Exactly.
- Mr. Tako: We scored a full-page display in the newspapers. Why don't we take a photo of him smiling to put in our ads?
- Osamu Sakurai: Do you think King Kong smiles?
- Mr. Tako: We get him to smile.
- The motion picture screen beckons you to adventure that thrills the emotions with shock and terror!
- The Two Mightiest Monsters Of All Time!
- The most colossal conflict the screen has ever known!
- The Battle of the Century!!
- Now an all-mighty all-new motion picture brings them together for the first time in the colossal class of all time!
- Mighty King Kong! Mighty Godzilla!
- Tadao Takashima — Osamu Sakurai
- Kenji Sahara — Kazuo Fujita
- Yu Fujiki — Kinsaburo Furue
- Ichirō Arishima — Mr. Tako
- Mie Hama — Fumiko Sakurai
- Jun Tazaki — General Masami Shinzo
- Akiko Wakabayashi — Tamiye
- Akihiko Hirata — Prime Minister Shigezawa
- Somesho Matsumoto — Onuki, doctor
- Akemi Negishi — Chikiro's Mother, Faro Island native
- Senkichi Omura — Konno, TTV translator
- Sachio Sakai — Obayashi, Mr. Tako's assistant
- Haruya Kato — Obayashi's assistant
- Nadao Kirino — General's aide
- Yoshio Kosugi — Faro Island Chief
- Shin Otomo — ship captain
- Harold Conway — scientist on submarine
- Shoichi Hirose — King Kong
- Haruo Nakajima — Godzilla
Quotes about King Kong vs. GodzillaEdit
- One of the most popular Godzilla designs, the Kingoji was radically different from any Godzilla suit before or since. The costume was more reptilian in appearance and the build was very stocky, especially in the lower half. The head was small and streamlined, with a strange combination of human-like eyes placed on the sides of the head in a reptilian manner. Other distinctive features for the Kingoji included large hands with spike-like claws and thumbs nearly as large as the three other fingers. The Kingoji also had several features that would be common to all Godzilla suits until the rebirth of the Godzilla series in 1984. These were a lack of ears, no fangs, three toes, smooth underside for the tail, and one main row of dorsal plates flanked by two small rows.
- Robert Biondi, "The Evolution of Godzilla – G-Suit Variations Throughout the Monster King’s Twenty One Films", G-FAN #16 (July/August 1995)
- King Kong vs. Godzilla quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- King Kong vs. Godzilla at Rotten Tomatoes
- King Kong vs. Godzilla at Movie-Censorship - Detailed comparison between the Japanese and American versions of the film.
- キングコング対ゴジラ (Kingu Kongu tai Gojira) (in Japanese). Japanese Movie Database. Retrieved on 2007-07-16.