Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II
1993 film by Takao Okawara
- The year is 1992 AD. In order to try to counter the threat posed to the planet's survival by Godzilla, Japan's Counter G bureau recruited the most brilliant scientific brains in the world to build a fighting machine. The first machine was called Garuda, but its fighting capabilities were limited. A far more powerful machine was required. They salvaged a robot from the future, Mecha-King Ghidorah, in order to study its advanced technology. Its components were used to build a weapon to fight Godzilla. They called it Mechagodzilla.
- G-Force scientist: [explaining Mechagodzilla's features] Its main engine is a reactor. It uses a derivative of heavy hydrogen and helium-3 in pellet form. The armor is heatproof alloy codenamed T-1.
- Yuri Katagiri: And what about the protector shield?
- G-Force scientist: Synthetic diamond. It's totally heat repellent. It reflects the heat back to the source.
- Yuri Katagiri: That's incredible.
- G-Force scientist: I really believe that this machine is the weapon to defeat Godzilla.
- Commander Takaki Aso: The aim of the plan is to somehow try to lure Godzilla away. The destination: the Ogasawara islands. They're remote and uninhabited, and the only way to lure Godzilla is with a decoy.
- Miki Saegusa: And what will you use?
- Commander Takaki Aso: We've no alternative: the Godzillasaur.
- Miki Saegusa: Baby's life can't be put at risk!
- Commander Takaki Aso: Don't worry. You'll be looking after it. I've decided that, for this mission, you'll be on board the Mechagodzilla.
- Miki Saegusa: But what for?
- Commander Takaki Aso: Because, my dear, I need you to find the exact location of that second brain. Believe me, it's very important.
- Azusa Gojo: I beg you, stop this operation.
- Takayuki Segawa: I understand your concern, Miss. This dinosaur is an important asset. It would be foolish to waste it.
- Azusa Gojo: Baby is not an asset. He's just an intelligent being with a right to live. Baby's not a commodity or a disposable asset.
- Takayuki Segawa: Wait a moment. The men of G-Force have a responsibility. They must rid the world of the threat posed by Godzilla. That's why they've got to go ahead with this plan. I'm sorry if you can't accept that.
- Masahiro Takashima as Kazuma Aoki
- Ryoko Sano as Azusa Gojo
- Megumi Odaka as Miki Saegusa
- Yusuke Kawatsu as Professor Hiroshi Omae
- Akira Nakao as General Aso
- Kenji Sahara as Segawa
- Daijiro Harada as Takuya Sasaki
- Koichi Ueda as General Hyodo
- Kenpachiro Satsuma as Godzilla
- Wataru Fukuda as MechaGodzilla
- Hurricane Ryu as Baby Godzilla
- After this battle, it will all be over.