Godzilla, King of the Monsters!
1956 film directed by Terry O. Morse and Ishirō Honda
Godzilla is a 1956 film about a monster awoken from undersea hibernation off the Japanese coast by atomic-bomb testing that attacks Tokyo.
- Directed by Terry O. Morse. Written by Ishirô Honda.
INCREDIBLE, UNSTOPPABLE TITAN OF TERROR! (taglines)
- This is Tokyo. Once a city of six million people. What has happened here was caused by a force which up until a few days ago was entirely beyond the scope of Man's imagination. Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world. There were once many people here who could've told of what they saw... now there are only a few. My name is Steve Martin. I am a foreign correspondent for United World News. I was headed for an assignment in Cairo, when I stopped off in Tokyo for a social; but it turned out to be a visit to the living HELL of another world.
- The menace was gone... so was a great man. But the whole world can wake up and live again.
- Security Officer Tomo Iwanaga: He claims he saw a monster - a horrible monster.
- Steve Martin: If he saw a monster, he's had too much saki.
- Steve Martin: What is the name of this monster?
- Old Man: Godzilla...
- Security Officer Tomo Iwanaga: You hear that? Godzilla.
- Steve Martin: So, they believe that this Godzilla is responsible for all the ship disasters?
- Security Officer Tomo Iwanaga: They're certain of it
- INCREDIBLE, UNSTOPPABLE TITAN OF TERROR!
- SEE! A monstrous sea-beast...surging up from the ocean! ..... a city of six-million wiped out by its death ray blast ! ... Giant ships swamped! Jet planes swept from the skies ! Trains ripped from the rails ! MORE ! MORE ! MORE ! SEE EVERY SCREEN-SHATTERING THRILL!
- The Mightiest Monster...The Mightiest Melodrama of Them All!
- Raymond Burr — Steve Martin
- Takashi Shimura — Dr. Yamane
- Momoko Kochi — Emiko
- Akira Takarada — Ogata
- Godzilla, King of the Monsters! quotes at the Internet Movie Database
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|