Terror is a type of fear, an emotional response to threats or danger, is usually described as the feeling of dread and anticipation that precedes the horrifying experience.
"The Terror" (or "Reign of Terror"), was a period of violence (1793–1794) after the onset of the French Revolution.
Terror or The Terror may also refer to:
- Terror (politics), a policy of political repression and violence
- See also the related topic of Terrorism
- Terror (band), a band from California
- "Terror," an episode of the British sitcom Bottom
It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking
In the dark
Under the moonlight you see a sight that almost stops
You try to scream, but terror takes the sound before
You make it
You start to freeze as horror looks you right between
'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
And no one's gonna save you from the beast about to
You know it's thriller, thriller night
You're fighting for your life inside a killer
- And God said unto Jacob, Arise, go up to Bethel, and dwell there: and make there an altar unto God, that appeared unto thee when thou fleddest from the face of Esau thy brother.
Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments: And let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went. And they gave unto Jacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem. And they journeyed: and the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob.
- Genesis 35:1-5
- Terroir, the influence of local growing conditions on the taste of wine or other food or drink
This disambiguation page, one that points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name, lists articles associated with the name Terror. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.