American animated television series
SpongeBob SquarePants is a TV series that premiered in 1999 on Nickelodeon. It is one of the most popular Nickelodeon shows, it later spawned a movie, followed by several short films, and video games.
- SpongeBob: "I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!"
- Patrick: "Oh, barnacles!"
- SpongeBob and Patrick: "Aw, tartar sauce!"
- Patrick: "Good morning Krusty Crew."
- Mr. Krabs: "Ar Ar Ar Ar Ar!"
- Mermaid Man: "EEEEVILLL!!!"
- Patrick: "Aw, fish paste!"
- Squidward: "How did I ever get surrounded by such loser neighbors?"
- Fred: "My leg!"
- Sandy: "Yee-haw!"
- Plankton: "WOHHHHH HOOOHHHH!!!!! I'm a failure!!"
- Plankton: "I went to college!"
- SpongeBob and Plankton: "Curses!"
- The main thing missing from cartoons is today that old cartoons were cartoony. They did things you can't do in any other medium. Today's cartoons are very conservative and are more like live action. The characters look the same in every frame of the dang cartoon. The old cartoons squashed, stretched, and did crazy expressions. They were imaginative and crazy. A lot of cartoons aren't imaginative, they just say things. It might as well be radio. There is no point in having anything to look at in modern cartoons. But you can't say that about every cartoon. Genndy Tartakovsky's cartoons are beautiful. The closest thing now to what I'm saying is SpongeBob but even that doesn't go very far. It's like a conservative version of Ren & Stimpy.