Wikiquote:Requests for adminship
Here you can make a request for adminship and other special user rights on English Wikiquote. See Wikiquote:Administrators for what this entails and for a list of current admins.
Current English Wikiquote policy is to grant administrator status to anyone who has been an active Wikiquote contributor for a while and is generally a known and trusted member of the community. Most users seem to agree that the more administrators there are the better.
Administrators should register a valid email address and allow other users to send them messages in preferences, or give an email address on their user page.
If you want to become an administrator, please use the box below, filling out all the required areas and replacing "USERNAME" with your user name. Any user can comment on your request -- they might express reservations (because, for example, they suspect you will abuse your new-found powers, or if you've joined very recently), but hopefully they will approve and say lovely things about you. If this is not your first RfA, put a 2 (or whatever number RfA it may be) after "USERNAME" in the box.
Once you have saved your RfA page, add it to the Nominations for adminship section. Adminship nominations must be posted for at least one week, to provide opportunity for comments and voting, before a bureaucrat will make the promotion if warranted.
For closed votes, see #Past discussions.
Current time is 07:56:55, 24 May 2022 (UTC)
Votes of confidence
Restricted access depends on the continued support of the community. This may be tested by a vote of confidence, in which a simple majority (50%+1) must support the user's continued access for it to be retained. (What access a discussion concerns should be explicitly noted in the discussion's introduction.) Any user may propose a vote of confidence, but at least three established users must support the need for one before it can be called.
In the case of a called proposal, the user may not use the restricted access for any non-trivial action at any time until the vote is closed. A bureaucrat will eventually archive the discussion and, if so decided, request removal of restricted access by a steward.
Nominations for adminship
Note: Nominations have to be accepted by the user in question. If you nominate a user, please also leave a message on their talk page and inform them about their listing on this page, and ask them to reply here if they accept the nomination. You may nominate yourself (in which case you have automatically accepted the nomination).
Requests for checkuser
Requests for bureaucratship
Note: Discussions in this section should last at least 14 days.
Requests for importing right
The import function allows editors to upload specially formatted text into Wikiquote, or to transwiki such material after it is exported from another Wikimedia project. Only a Meta steward can add or drop any user's importing right. After requests are approved here, they will be reported to m:Steward requests/Permissions.
Requests for interface administrator
Requests for Template editor
- The following discussion is an archived debate. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new topic on this or other appropriate talk page. No further edits should be made to this text.
- @Ilovemydoodle: Do you have this right on other wikis? If so, how have you used it? What are examples of templates that you would modify with this right locally? —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 00:28, 19 May 2022 (UTC)
- @Ilovemydoodle can you give an example of a template that you have a specific edit in mind for, or have made an edit request for because it was protected? Also, wanted right simply to have them ('I would like to [be] marked as a "Template editor"') is called hat collecting and generally frowned upon. You should ask for rights to use them to improve the wiki, not because they confer status or something. DannyS712 (talk) 06:27, 21 May 2022 (UTC)
- The only thing the template editor flag does is allow you to edit through template protection. We don't have template protection enabled on this project, and so even if I could give you the flag (which I can't) it wouldn't make any difference. The only levels of protection enabled here are all users, autoconfirmed users, and admins.
- The template editor flag was created/imported on large projects to give access to highly technical users, who may not otherwise have a need for the admin flag, which grants access to mostly everything, outside crat, oversight, and check user...and...some other even more esoteric permissions. A full list can be found at Meta:User groups, but most of these, like Template Editor, are not enabled on Wikiquote. GMGtalk 11:42, 21 May 2022 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new topic on this or other appropriate talk page. No further edits should be made to this text.
Requests for flag removal
This section is used for notification (and comment) only. To be effective, it should go to m:Steward requests/Permissions#Removal of access. Requests by the community will occur as #votes of confidence.