Scooby-Doo is an American animated cartoon franchise, comprising several animated television series and related works.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! (1969–72) - the original series airing on CBS.
- The New Scooby-Doo Movies (1972–73) - the hour-long version, also airing on CBS.
- What's New, Scooby Doo? (2002–06)
- Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue! (2006-08)
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated (2010–13)
- Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! (2015–18)
- Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? (2019–present)
- Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers (1987)
- Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School (1988)
- Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf (1988)
- Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island (1998)
- Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost (1999)
- Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders (2000)
- Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase (2001)
- Scooby-Doo (2002)
- Scooby-Doo! and the Legend of the Vampire (2002)
- Scooby-Doo! and the Monster of Mexico (2003)
- Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004)
- Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster (2004)
- Aloha, Scooby-Doo! (2005)
- Scooby-Doo! in Where's My Mummy? (2005)
- Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy! (2006)
- Chill Out, Scooby-Doo! (2007)
- Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King (2008)
- Scooby-Doo! and the Samurai Sword (2009)
- Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins (2009)
- Scooby Doo! Abracadabra Doo (2010)
- Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare (2010)
- Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster (2010)
- Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur (2011)
- Scooby-Doo! Music of the Vampire (2012)
- Big Top Scooby-Doo! (2012)
- Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon (2013)
- Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright (2013)
- Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery (2014)
- Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy (2014)
- Scooby-Doo! Moon Monster Madness (2014)
- Scooby-Doo! and KISS: Rock and Roll Mystery (2015)
- Scooby-Doo! and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon (2016)
- Scooby-Doo! Shaggy's Showdown (2017)
- Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2018)
- Daphne & Velma (2018)
- Scooby-Doo! and the Gourmet Ghost (2018)
- Scooby-Doo! and the Curse of the 13th Ghost (2019)
- Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island (2019)
- Scoob! (2020)
- Scooby-Doo: Ruh-roh!
- Shaggy: Zoinks!
- Fred: Looks like we've got another mystery on our hands!
- Daphne Blake: Jeepers!
- Velma: Jinkies!
- Velma: Danger-Prone Daphne is stuck again.
- Scrappy Doo: Ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-TAA!! PUPPY POWER!!
- Scrappy Doo: Lemme at 'em! LEMME AT 'EM!!
- Group: Would you do it for a Scooby Snack?
- Villain of the week: And I'd have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!
- Case One: How They Got Started
Daphne: "Well, Daddy gave us the money to start off. (shows an image of the check that first financed Mystery Inc.) We didn't even have a car, so we gave our parents gas money to drive us around."
(The gang is in Daphne's dad's car, while the song "Seven Days a Week" plays.)
Velma: "Look guys! A haunted house!"
Gang: "Yeah, Wooohooo, Hooray!"
Daphne: "Pull over, Daddy! Pull over!"
George R. Blake: "You're not going in any old dirty house, missy!" (Daphne shrugs her shoulders)
Narrator: "Seeking their independence, they bought a van, and called it the Mystery Machine."
Fred: "Shaggy found it."
Daphne: "It was interesting."
Scooby: "It's groovy." (laughs)
Narrator: "After that, they skyrocketed to fame, setting precedence for the whole crime solving industry." (shows images of newspapers telling Mystery Inc's various stories)
Velma: "We didn't wait for stuff to come to us."
Fred: "We went straight out and found those monsters ourselves."
Scooby: (Wide-eyed) "MONSTERS?!?"
- Case Two: That Meddling Dog, Scooby-Doo
Fred: "Sure, at first, we were thinking, 'Ok, a dog with an adam's apple, a little strange.' But, we got used to it. So when he started talking, it wasn't really a big deal for us."
Narrator: "But, despite his special gift, Scooby did have his shortcomings."
Daphne: "I don't think I've ever seen an animal get as scared as Scooby does sometimes."
Velma: "What about Shaggy?" (Velma and Daphne laugh)
Narrator: "As the Mysteries Incorp bonded, Scooby-Doo would, with soul mate Shaggy Rogers, form the most enduring partnership since Holmes and Watson."
Shaggy: "Like, things just clicked. Ya know? Now when the gang needs bait for a villain, like, they send us in. It's what we do. And I'll tell ya, (he chokes a sob) there's no one I'd rather work with." (sniffs)
Scooby: "He said that? Awwww!"
Fred: "You think Scooby gets scared of the monsters, try finding him when it's time to go to the vet."
- Case Three: That Meddling Hippee, Shaggy
Narrator: "The gang's most cowardly biped, Shaggy, was in fact known as Buzz until his 10th birthday." (shows an image of a younger Shaggy with a buzz cut)
Fred: "Some people may think Shag's skinny because Scooby's always stealing his food. That's not it. It's because he's a vegetarian." (shows an image of Shaggy about to eat a foot long sandwich with one important detail: no meat)
Narrator: "But as healthy as Shaggy tries to stay, he has battled unhealthy habits."
Shaggy: "Thing is, there were a few months when I was, like, overdoing it with the Scooby Snacks."
Velma: "At one point, I calculated that he had eaten exactly 45% of his body weight." (shows an image of an obese Shaggy)
Shaggy: "Zoinks, I had to quit."
Narrator: "Instead, Shaggy turned to a new hobby." (shows an image of Shaggy's belt buckle collection)
Shaggy: "I have the largest collection of decorator belt buckles in the world. 653 last count. I'm wearing my favorite one right now. (shows a large belt buckle with the words, "When do we eat?" on it) Like, it's hard to catch, but I wear a different belt buckle for every mystery. You just gotta pay attention." (The joke is that Shaggy's baggy shirt always hides the belt buckles.)
- Case Four: That Meddling Kid, Daphne
Narrator: "Daphne Blake has become known as the most fashionable member of Mysteries Inc., but there's more to her than appearance."
Daphne: "Ya know, Velma's not the only smart one. I get straight A's."
Velma: "We've said, 'Daphne, we're in a muddy swamp, ditch the pumps."
Narrator: "Even as a child, Daphne was interested in solving mysteries."
Elizabeth Blake: (os; she's recording a young Daphne (wearing clothes too big for her) on camera) "What do you want to be when you grow up Daphne?"
Young Daphne: "I want to be a supermodel."
Elizabeth: "A supermodel?"
Young Daphne: Nods "And a detective."
Elizabeth: (disappointed) "Oh..."
Narrator: "Her aspirations have had a toll on her personal life at times." (shows an image of Daphne ditchng her date)
Daphne: "I was late joining the gang at Old Man Johnson's farm. I've lost more dates that way."
Narrator: "Although, there have been rumors of something between Daphne and Fred."
Daphne: (denying) "Who told you that? We're friends."
Fred: "We're friends." (Scooby teases him and kisses his paws.) "Scooby!"
- Case Five: Velma, That Meddling Brain
Narrator: "The youngest member has certainly had a big impact on the group."
Velma: "I was so surprised, it, it just came out. 'Jinkies! I'm getting worried about Captain Morgan.' Before I just said, 'Oh my.' It wasn't as catchy."
Narrator: (shows an image of Velma's family) "Velma Dinkley's parents pushed her from an early age to excel in her studies, resulting in hundreds of awards for outstanding achievement. (shows images of Velma's degrees, diplomas and awards) Because of this, she can be a bit more vocal than her comrades would like."
Daphne: "That harp case is big enough to hide something."
Fred: "I wonder where this passage..."
Velma: "Oh come on Fred, isn't it obvious?"
Fred: (annoyed) "Hmf..."
Narrator: "Of course, Velma does do her share of sweet talking too."
Velma: "Scooby, will you do it for a few Scooby snacks?"
- Case Six: Fred and That Meddling Ascot
Shaggy: "Man, that thing must get steamy."
Fred: (angry) "I like how it looks!"
Narrator: "By all counts, Fred Jones is the boy who has everything. (shows an image of Fred in his yearbook; revealing his nickname to be "Pickle") Looks, yes, but smarts and talent too. In fact, Fred traveled with a performance troupe before devoting himself to solving mysteries." (shows an image of a newspaper with Fred, performing Hamlet, on the headline)
Daphne: "With his dramatic training, he's really an expert at getting into the mind of the villain. (shows a clip of Fred, disguised as a bad guy, scaring Shaggy and Scooby before taking off the mask) Sometimes, when we're scared, Fred sings a little something from Showboat. It soothes us."
Fred: *sings* "Old man river!"
Narrator: "Fred one day hopes to be a famous mystery writer where he can use all of his talents to the fullest." (shows an image of Fred's work in progress, The Hound of Beastville)
Fred: "I just really feel like I'm doing something worthwhile. For me."
- Case Seven: Those Finger-Pointing Villains
Professor Wayne: "It would have been mine if it hadn't been for those meddling kids...hadn't been for those meddling kids!"
Asa Shanks: "If it wasn't for you snoopers!"
Professor Wayne: "Hadn't been for those meddling kids!"
Narrator: "You've heard it time and time again, but who said it first?"
Zombie Minions of Zen Tuo: "I did!"
Carlotta the Gypsy: "I did!"
Native American Witchdoctor: "Who dares defy me?"
Narrator: "They are the villains."
Jaguaro: "You don't learn this til you've been in the biz a while. See, the key is the hidden door."
Fred: *gets pulled through the hidden door* "Whoa!"
Narrator: "Ordinary people on the wrong side of justice." (shows a police line up of the Zombie from Which Witch is Which, Frankenstein's Monster, Carlotta the Gypsy and Dracula from A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts and the Creeper from Jeepers, It's the Creeper)
Ghost Clown: "Oh yes, I was groomed to be an astronaut and then the monkey...the monkey took my rightful place."
Narrator: "And how do they feel about Scooby and his gang?"
Dr. Najib: "In a word...anger!"
Black Knight: "I cannot speak without my lawyer."
Headless Spectre: "I could have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling...ugh whatever!"
- Case Eight: Those Meddling Kids, Together Again
Narrator: They've solved more than 200 mysteries together, what did they learn through it all?
Daphne: "Watch out for paintings that blink."
Velma: "Yeah, what is it with bad guys and portraits anyways? We haven't been in one haunted house that had a landscape on the wall." (everyone laughs)
Fred: "Remember the time when that evil gorilla guy?"
Daphne: "Oh let me tell this. We finally catch this joker in a gorilla suit and it was a..."
Velma: "He was stuck in taffy."
Daphne: "And Freddy goes to pull off the mask, only it doesn't come off."
Fred: "Yeah, and this guy is screaming."
Shaggy: "Like, it turned out to be a real gorilla." (everyone laughs)
Velma: "That's what it really comes down to. We find a mystery, run around, trap a bad guy, rip his mask off..."
Fred: "And have a bunch of fun doing it, too."
Shaggy: (sees Scooby in a gorilla mask) "Yow!" (everyone laughs)
Fred: "I love you guys."
Velma: "Knock it off."
This disambiguation page, one that points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name, lists articles associated with the name Scooby-Doo. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.