Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island
1998 film by Hiroshi Aoyama
- Televisions: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! / The New Scooby-Doo Movies / What's New, Scooby Doo? / Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue / Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated / Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! / Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? | Movies: Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School / Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf / Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island / Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost / Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders / Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase / Scooby-Doo / Scooby-Doo! and the Legend of the Vampire / Scooby-Doo! and the Monster of Mexico / Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed / Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster / Aloha, Scooby-Doo! / Scooby-Doo! in Where's My Mummy? / Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy! / Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King / Scooby-Doo! and the Samurai Sword / Scooby-Doo! Abracadabra Doo / Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare / Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur / Scooby-Doo! Music of the Vampire / Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright / Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery / Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy / Scooby-Doo! Moon Monster Madness / Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery / Scooby-Doo! and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon / Lego Scooby-Doo! Blowout Beach Bash / Scooby-Doo! and the Gourmet Ghost / Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island / Scoob! / Scooby-Doo! The Sword and the Scoob / Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo! Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog / Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo! | Spin-offs: Daphne & Velma | Specials: Night of the Living Doo
- Directed by Jim Stenstrum. Written by Glenn Leopold.
This time, the monsters are real! (taglines)
Simone Lenoir Edit
- [about Scooby] Who brought this is dog?
- Get this beast off of me!
- [revealing her true nature] Very clever, Velma, but it's too late. [chuckles sinisterly]
- These wax dolls do come in handy.
- I've been getting away with it for 200 years. [chuckles evilly]
- [explaining her true plot] Ah, it's simple. Every harvest moon, I must drain the life force from victims lured to my island to preserve my immortality.
- [last words] I've had enough of that meddling dog!
Lena Dupree Edit
- My name is Lena. Lena Dupree.
- [gasps, referring to Scooby] I didn't know you had a dog.
- [revealing her true nature] Sorry, Fred. I really do like you.
- [to Fred about Scooby & Shaggy] I heard that, Fred! Those two simpletons? We didn't even bother making wax dolls of them! Ha! A waste of time and magic wax!
- [referring to Scooby and Shaggy] Sounds like Jacques has found your frightened friends.
- I've had years of practice.
- [last words] Jacques is in trouble!
- I'm happy to see y'all. [chuckles evilly]
- Oh, quit yer grovelin', Snakebite.
- [last words] Going somewhere? What's the matter, cat got your tongue? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
- [Velma unmasked the moat Monster, revealing it to be none other than...]
- Shaggy: [gasps] Like. It’s Mr. Beeman, the real estate agent.
- Scooby: Mr. Beeman?
- Velma: Yeah! He was printing millions of counterfeit dollars in the basement with his printing press. What we originally thought was Moldova, was really green ink. [Velma removed the gloves, revealing it to be green ink] See.
- Mr. Beeman: And I would’ve gotten away with it too, if it wasn’t for that’s big dog and you meddling kids!
- Daphne Blake: I need a real, live ghost.
- Velma Dinkley: That's an oxymoron, Daph.
- Fred: My! Lena wasn't kidding. This place is crawling with cats.
- Scooby: Rats?! RATS!!
- Daphne: Fred, are you...
- Lena: ...Alright?
- Fred: Yeah, thanks.
- Daphne: Wow, a real case of levitation. This just gets better and better!
- Velma: Maybe from where you're standing.
- Daphne: Freddie, what on Earth are you doing?
- Fred: Uh, Scooby and Shaggy...
- Shaggy: ...Saw another ghost. [opens the door] In here.
- Daphne: I don't see anything.
- Shaggy: Like, in the mirror. It's some civil war guy.
- Daphne: Where are we?
- Velma: Looks to me like a place for voodoo rituals. [suspiciously] But why don't we just ask... Lena?
- Fred: What are you talking about?
- Velma: Her story about Simone getting dragged by zombies wasn't true. I saw the footprints of Simone's heels. She wasn't dragged; she walked down that tunnel!
- [The roof grate opens, and Simone steps out]
- Simone: Very clever, Velma... but it's too late.
- Simone: The harvest moon will soon reach the midnight point on this moondial, and then the ceremony will begin.
- Fred: What ceremony?
- Daphne: [grunts] You won't get away with this!
- Simone: I've been getting away with it for 200 years!
- [Simone snickers and gains werecat features; the captives gasp.]
- Fred: At least, Scoob and Shaggy are still free... maybe.
- Lena: [also has werecat features] I heard that, Fred! Those two simpletons? We didn't even bother making wax dolls of them! Ha! A waste of time and magic wax!
- Fred: Just what are you planning to do to us?
- Simone: Ah, it's simple: Every harvest moon, I must drain the life force from victims lured to my island, to preserve my immortality!
- Daphne: This is more haunted stuff than I really wanted.
- Velma: If you're as old as you say you are, then I'll bet you're the one who found Morgan Moonscar's treasure!
- Simone: Morgan Moonscar?!
- [Remembers flashback]
- Simone: He was the cause of all this! I was one of a group of settlers who made this island our home. We looked to our Cat God for a bountiful harvest. Until that night, when he came ashore. [the settles party, dance and eat when Morgan and his pirate men came out of the shadows and start attacking] He drove the islanders into the bayou. All except for Lena and myself. [Flashback Simone and Lena watch in horror as the pirates drove the settlers into the bayou and the crocodiles start eating them alive] We uttered a curse on the pirates to destroy them as they had destroyed our island. Our wish was granted. We became cat creatures and destroyed the pirates!
- [Morgan screams; flashback fades]
- Simone: Only afterwards, did we discover that invoking the Cat God's power had cursed us as well.
- [Flashback resumes]
- Lena: Over the years, boats continue to come to our island. One was full of spice traders who started a pepper plantation. The plantation flourished---
- Simone: At least, until the Harvest Moon.
- [A man screams; flashback fades]
- Simone: Sometimes, it became necessary for Lena to lure outsiders back to the island.
- Fred: [realizing] Just like you lured us!
- Lena: I've had years of practice.
- Daphne: And those zombies are just the poor souls you drained! They were just trying to warn us so we wouldn't suffer the same fate they did!
- Simone: Pretty smart... for a television reporter.
- [Snarling is heard from above]
- Lena: Sounds like Jacques has found your frightened friends.
- Fred: Jacques?
- Simone: We needed a ferry driver. The old man wanted immortality, so we gave it to him.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|