Just A Regular New Yorker
|en||This user is a native English speaker.|
|1,700+||This user has made over 1,700 contributions to Wikiquote.|
|This user thinks that registration should be required to edit articles.|
|This user is a fan of Sherlock Holmes|
Hi everyone, I'm a native New Yorker (Brooklyn to be precise) who has been editing Wikiquote for about 9 months. I first started with Wikiquote after I got blocked from Wikipedia (oops, my bad) although to admit it, I deserved it, a lot. Long story short, Aliens aren't invading a Boeing seaplane in Colorado, defended by a purple Pentagon. I am a future (or current, I can't tell) writer, aerospace/mechanical/civil engineer, web developer, astronaut, lawyer, detective, historian, professor, baseball player, ninja, and philosopher. I am 82% sure that I am not bigfoot. Pathetically enough, Wikiquote edits may be my biggest contribution to society, so far, however, now that I'm unblocked on Wikipedia I may start contributing there.
Feel free to give me some advice, ask me questions, or just talk to me in general on my talk page.
Some of my favorite quotesEdit
- Gentlemen, this will be the day you will always remember as the day you - [falls off the ledge]
- Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- Stealing, of course, is a crime, and a very impolite thing to do. But like most impolite things, it is excusable under certain circumstances. Stealing is not excusable if, for instance, you are in a museum and you decide that a certain painting would look better in your house, and you simply grab the painting and take it there. But if you were very, very hungry, and you had no way of obtaining money, it might be excusable to grab the painting, take it to your house, and eat it.
- Lemony Snicket in The Wide Window.
- There is no part of the means placed in the hands of the Executive which might be used with greater effect for unhallowed purposes than the control of the public press.
- William Henry Harrison in his inaugural address (March 4, 1841).
- Buk Buk Buk Buk Buk Buk.............BUGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!
- Me (I know this doesn't count, but I wanted to put my own quote in here and this was the only thing I could think of.)
- I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
- Frenchman in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
- Sherlock Holmes in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: A Scandal in Bohemia.
- A moose is like a bull on stilts
With a silly kind of head.
And if one of them sat on you
You’d probably be dead.
- Christopher Pike in Moose.
- Dry Dead Fish
- We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything.
- Thomas Edison as quoted by Burton Egbert Stevenson.
- People always try to find base motives behind every good action. We are afraid of pure goodness and of pure evil.
- Eugène Ionesco in an interview.
- Exploring is fundamentally human; we've done it for thousands of years. It's an expression of something that's the best in us.
- Adam Steltzner in Mars Up Close: Inside the Curiosity Mission.
- I am sure there never was a people, who had more reason to acknowledge a divine interposition in their affairs, than those of the United States...
- George Washington in a letter to John Armstrong (March 11, 1782).
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is.
- Disputed to belong to Albert Einstein.
- We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality.
- Possibly a paraphrasing of a quote by Ayn Rand.
- Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Disputed to belong to Albert Einstein.
- ...though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- Psalm 23.
- My horror at his crimes was lost in my admiration at his skill.
- Sherlock Holmes in The Final Problem talking about Professor Moriarty
- ...with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
- excerpt from the United States Declaration of Independence
- Every word that comes from Hitler's mouth is a lie.
- The inclination to believe in the fantastic may strike some as a failure in logic, or gullibility, but it’s really a gift. A world that might have Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster is clearly superior to one that definitely does not.
- I pursued my enemies and overtook them; I did not turn back till they were destroyed.
- Psalm 18
- Television has done much for psychiatry by spreading information about it, as well as contributing to the need for it.
- The world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it.
- Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
- Psalm 144
- To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.
- We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
- Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all.
- Our country is a mess right now and we don't have time to pretend otherwise. We don't have time to waste on being politically correct.
- President Donald Trump in Crippled America
- "Suppose we save this woman."
- "Save the woman, Mr. Fogg!"
- "I have yet twelve hours to spare; I can devote them to that."
- "Why, you are a man of heart!"
- "Sometimes," replied Phileas Fogg, quietly; "when I have the time."
- Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne.
- Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.
Wikiquote pages that I editedEdit
Articles that I created are in bold.
Fridtjof Nansen~Christina Stead~Nicolas Steno~Philo Farnsworth~Aaron Judge~Bill de Blasio~David Dinkins~Mein Kampf~William Henry Harrison~Holes (film)~Martin Van Buren~David Wright (baseball)~Derek Jeter~John Adams~Andrew Jackson~Adam Steltzner~Elon Musk~Juan Lagares~Zumwalt-class destroyer~Berlin Wall~Jacob deGrom~James Franck~Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II~Manhattan Project~Clair Cameron Patterson~Alex Rodriguez~William H. McRaven~Stoneman Douglas High School shooting~Barack Obama~Clyfford Still~Paul Sweezy~Incorrect predictions~Gmail~Charles R. Drew~Bigfoot~The Establishment~Conversion to Judaism~Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections~Portugal. The Man~Tobacco industry~Vaccine controversies~Billy the Kid~multiple suggestions for Quote of the day~Golden Gate Bridge~Jimmy Wales
This section is mainly for me to have links to pages that I want to have quick access to.
|This is a Wikiquote user page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wikiquote, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikiquote itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/User:Just_A_Regular_New_Yorker.