includes companies that produce cigarettes, cigars, smoking tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, snuff or bidis
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Quotes about the tobacco industryEdit
- Infectious diseases do not employ multinational public relations firms. There are no front groups to promote the spread of cholera. Mosquitoes have no lobbyists. The evidence presented here suggests that tobacco is a case unto itself, and that reversing its burden on global health will be not only about understanding addiction and curing disease, but, just as importantly, about overcoming a determined and powerful industry.
- Tobacco Company Strategies to Undermine Tobacco Control Activities at the World Health Organization, report of the Committee of Experts on Tobacco Industry Documents, July 2000, page 20.
- Cited by Deborah Arnott, "The killer's lobbyists ", The Guardian, 15 May 2003.
- The tobacco epidemic was initiated and has been sustained by the aggressive strategies of the tobacco industry, which has deliberately misled the public on the risks of smoking cigarettes.
- Thanks partly to the First Amendment, U.S. tobacco makers also aren’t constricted by some of the more stringent branding and health-warning rules introduced elsewhere. In Britain and Australia, cigarettes are sold in drab, greenish-brown packs with a large health warning and a graphic photo illustrating smoking’s risks, from diseased lungs to blindness.
- Jennifer Maloney and Saabira Chaudhuri, "Against All Odds, the U.S. Tobacco Industry Is Rolling in Money", Wall Street Journal, 23 April 2017.
- Legal setbacks in the US have forced the tobacco industry to concede that its products are harmful, and that for decades cigarette producers deliberately misled the public about the health effects of smoking. [...] They should be regarded as a warning: The industry couldn’t be trusted in the past, and it shouldn’t be trusted to do the right thing in the future. [...] Governments and health organizations like ours are at war with the tobacco industry, and we will continue fighting until we beat Big Tobacco.
- Encyclopedic article on Tobacco industry at Wikipedia