Bill de Blasio
Bill de Blasio (born Warren Wilhelm Jr.; May 8, 1961) is an American politician who is the 109th and current mayor of New York City. From 2010 to 2013, he was New York City's public advocate. He formerly was a New York City Council member, representing the 39th district in Brooklyn, which contains Borough Park, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Gowanus, Kensington, Park Slope, and Windsor Terrace. De Blasio, the Democratic Party nominee for mayor of New York City in the 2013 election, defeated Republican Joe Lhota with more than 73 percent of the vote. De Blasio is the first Democratic mayor of the city since David Dinkins, from 1990 to 1993.
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- If you could remove News Corp from the last 25 years of American history, we would be in an entirely different place.
- Interview with Ben Jacobs of The Guardian.
- My father was a picture of courage in terms of his war service and strength, and yet in his decline, I learned primarily negative lessons. I learned what not to do.
- said in an interview quoted by Javier C. Hernandez of The New York Times.
- [about his father] I have a real respect, and a real anger and sadness at the same time. I don’t think I’ve ever been able to do the math on exactly what it all means.
- quoted by Javier C. Hernandez of The New York Times.
- Look, the New Democrat approach, from my point of view, didn't work. That governing approach didn't stop the progression that led us to a thoroughly Republican House and now Senate, and a national debate that doesn't even address the real issues. The economic crisis of today — the only parallel is the Great Depression. That's just a fact. The difference is, there's no light at the end of the tunnel now.
- quoted by Mark Binelli of Rolling Stone.
- Tonight we took another big step toward a fairer city for all, tonight another ratification of all that we’ve been doing together and it’s going to give us the fuel to go farther.
- [Response when asked by a reporter if his ‘relationship with the governor is deteriorating'] No, I think it’s pretty much consistent.
- quoted by Juliet Papa of 1010 WINS'