Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez (born July 27, 1975), nicknamed "A-Rod", is a Dominican-American former professional baseball shortstop and third baseman. He played 22 seasons in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers, and New York Yankees. Rodriguez was one of the sport's most highly touted prospects and is considered one of the greatest baseball players of all time. Rodriguez amassed a .297 batting average, 696 home runs, over 2,000 runs batted in (RBI), over 2,000 runs scored, and over 3,000 hits. He is a 14-time All-Star and won three American League (AL) Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards, ten Silver Slugger Awards, and two Gold Glove Awards. Rodríguez is the career record holder for grand slams with 25. He signed two of the most lucrative sports contracts in history, but he led a highly controversial career. He incurred criticism from the media for his behavior and use of illegal performance-enhancing drugs.
|This article about a sports figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Anyone can forget about talent, but if you're also a good person, your name will be remembered for a long time.
- Dan LeBatard. "HEAVY HITTER: He May Not Look It. But Alex Rodriguez Has All The Power.". ESPN. Retrieved on 2009-05-10.
- Enjoy your sweat because hard work doesn't guarantee success, but without it, you don't have a chance.
- Wisdom for the Soul of Black Folk by Larry Chang, Gnosophia Publishers, Roderick Terry
Quotes about Alex RodriguezEdit
- It is very tough for a ballplayer to get proud and to keep his dignity. There is not much difference between love and hate.
- Alex is one person, and as it's been shown in New York, one person can't win a championship. He couldn't do it here. He can't do it there. You have to have a team, and you've got to have pitching.