Golden Yeggs is a 1950 Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies short directed by Friz Freleng. The cartoon was released on August 5, 1950, and stars Daffy Duck and Porky Pig. A forerunner of the Rocky and Mugsy characters appear, with Rocky already in his present-day form.
This cartoon was featured in The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie, with a different ending showing Bugs Bunny, alias Elegant Mess (Eliot Ness), appearing and the police arrests Rocky and the gang. But, another law loophole sets Rocky free once again.
- [after being blown out of the pool] It was ghastly. The deck just seemed to lift up under my feet. Then I was in the water. Black, oily water! I struggled!
- B-b-but I d-don't wanna sell him. [The scene cuts to the gangsters taking Daffy away, then to a beaten-up Porky] T-t-they talked me into it.
- Porky Pig: J-j-jumping Juniper! A golden egg! T-twenty-four karat solid gold! I'm rich! I'm rich! W-who's resp-p-ponsib-b-... who's responsib-b-b... who did this?
- Goose: I know who it was. It was me. But I'm no fool. I know what happened to the goose that laid the golden egg. [makes throat-slashing sound]
- Porky Pig: W-w-well, come on now. Don't be bashful. Who did it?
- Goose: I know who did it. He did it. [points at Daffy]
- [The chickens lift Daffy over their shoulders, cheering]
- Daffy Duck: Okay, so I laid an egg.
- [last lines of the short film]
- Rocky: No egg?
- Daffy Duck: Gulp!... Uh-uh.
- Rocky: So long, pal.
- [Rocky aims his gun at Daffy's head and fires; Daffy ducks just in time, but the shock makes him lay a golden egg]
- Daffy Duck: Huh? That just goes to show ya. You never know what you can do 'till... 'till you got a gun against your head. Well, Toodle-oo. See you around. [starts to leave, but Rocky stops him]
- Rocky: Just a minute, duck. [points to a room full of egg cartons] Fill 'em up.
- Daffy Duck: Oh, my aching back! [faints]
- Mel Blanc as Daffy Duck / Porky Pig / Rocky / Nick / Hotel Employee / Chickens / Goose.