The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie
The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie (original working title: The Great American Chase) is a 1979 Looney Tunes film with a compilation of classic Warner Bros. Cartoons shorts and newly animated bridging sequences, hosted by Bugs Bunny. The bridging sequences, which had been produced in 1978, show Bugs at his home, which is cantilevered over a carrot-juice waterfall (modeled on Frank Lloyd Wright's "Fallingwater" house in Bear Run, Pennsylvania).
- Oh. How do you do? Nice of you to drop by me humble abode! My name is Bunny, Bugs Bunny, Esquire, to be exact! Eh. One of the Back-Bay Bunnies! Back-Bay of Brooklyn that is!
- Eat your heart out, Burt Reynolds!
- Bugs Bunny: So you see, that's how chases began, and that's how I came into the picture, just a mild mannered forest creature, shy, easily frightened. A quiet-living rabbit am I. And yet... I guess in a way I *am* an unusual rabbit on account of, uh... instead of having hundreds of children, like your ordinary run-of-the-mill rabbit, I had several fathers, fathers with odd names, like Tex Avery... uh, Friz Freleng... Chuck Jones... and Bob McKimson, the ones who directed most of me pictures. Fathers like Tedd Pierce... Warren Foster... and Mike Maltese, who wrote most of me bee-ography. And of course a father named Mel Blanc, who had thousands of voices and was nice enough to give me one of them. This show you're gonna see now is about what just one of those fathers did with me and me cartoon associates, an animation director who goes by the unlikely name of Chuck Jones. And old Chuck seemed determined to get poor little old me into outer space, too.
- Operation: Rabbit
- Bugs Bunny: Eh. What's up, doc?
- Wile E. Coyote: Allow me to introduce myself. My name is "Wile E. Coyote"... Genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to cases. You are a rabbit, and I am going to eat you for supper. Now, don't try to get away. I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are... and I'm a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten. So, I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.
- Bugs Bunny: I'm sorry, mac, but the lady of the house ain't home and besides we mailed you people a check last week! [Slam]
- Wile E. Coyote: Why do they always want to do it the hard way?
- Elmer Fudd: [sticking his spear in a rabbit hole; singing] Kill the Wabbit! Kill the Wabbit! Kill the Wabbit!
- Bugs Bunny:[peeps out from another hole] Kill the Wabbit?
- Elmer Fudd: Yo-ho-to-ho! Yo-ho-to-ho! Yo-ho...
- [Bugs and Elmer sing]
- Bugs Bunny: Oh, mighty warrior of great fighting stock! Might I inquire to ask-Eh, [eats a carrot] ... what's up, Doc?
- Elmer Fudd: I am going to kill the Wabbit!
- Bugs Bunny: Oh, mighty hunter, twil be quite a task. How will you do it? Might I inquire to ask?
- Elmer Fudd: I will do it with my spear and magic helmet!
- Bugs Bunny: Your spear and magic helmet?
- Elmer Fudd: Spear and magic helmet!
- Bugs Bunny: Magic helmet?
- Elmer Fudd: Magic helmet!
- Bugs Bunny: Magic helmet.
- [Bugs and Daffy are trying to convince Elmer to shoot the other and make a meal out of him]
- Elmer Fudd: I'm sorry fellas, but I'm a vegetarian. I just hunt for the sport of it. Ha ha ha ha ha.
- Bugs Bunny: Oh yeah! Well there's other sports besides hunting, you know!
- Daffy Duck: [Daffy appears in a tennis outfit] Anyone for tennis? [Elmer shoots Daffy] Nice game.
- Dr I.Q. Hi: Can you do it, Dodgers?
- Daffy Duck: Oh, indubitabooblyoobly sir. Because there's nobody knows his way round outer space like Duck Dodgers in the 24th and a half century!
- Road Runner: Meep, meep!
- [Wile E. Coyote is filling a row of fake carrots with nitroglycerin while inside an explosives shack within a construction site. Bugs, using a tractor, pulls the shack to a nearby railroad track and deposits it in the middle of the tracks]
- Wile E. Coyote: Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius.
- [Wile E. hears a train whistle blow, but he ignores it]
- Wile E. Coyote: I like the way that rolls out! Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
- [Wile E. again hears the train whistle and then sees the train coming right towards him. He pulls the blinds over the shack's window down. The train hits Wile E. in the shack causing a huge explosion from the nitroglycerin. As the train chugs off undamaged, Wile E. is all burnt and crispy, while hanging onto a branch from a cliff]
- Wile E. Coyote: [slurring] Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius.
- Wile E. Coyote: [slurring] Allow me to introduce myself. My name is mud. [he faints]
- Bugs Bunny: And remember, "mud" spelled backwards is "dum".