For Scent-imental Reasons
1949 film by Chuck Jones
For Scent-imental Reasons is a Warner Bros. Looney Tunes short released in 1949. It was directed by Chuck Jones, written by Michael Maltese, and featured the characters Pepé Le Pew and Penelope Pussycat (all voices were done by Mel Blanc). It won the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film and was the first Chuck Jones directed cartoon to win this award.
This cartoon was featured in The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie
Pepé Le PewEdit
- Quelle est? Ah, le belle femme skunk fatale.
- It is love at first sight is it not?
- This little love bundle. Now she is seeking for us a trysting place. Touching, is it not? Come, my little peanut of brittle. I will help you. Wait for me. [Penelope runs away] Wait.
- Where are you, pigeon? I am looking for you. I am going... Huh.
- Do not come wiz me to ze Casbah, we shall make beautiful musicks togezzer right here!
- C'est la guerre!
- I am ze locksmith of love, no?
- What is this? Oh, but of course. This little one wish to commit suicide to prove her love for me. What a sweet gesture. Nevertheless, I must prevent it.
- Vive l'amour, we die together!
- [last line of the short film] You know, it is possible to be too attractive.
- Pepé: (sings) Affaire d'amour ? Affaire de cœur ? Je ne sais quoi… je vive en espoir. (Sniffs) Mmmm m mm… un smella vous finez… (Hums)
- Gendarme: Le kittee quel terrible odeur !! [runs away]
- Perfume Shop Owner: Allez Gendarme !! Allez !! Retournez-moi !! This instonce!! [crying] Oh, pouvre de moi! I am ze bankrupt!
- Penelope Pussycat: Le mew. Le purr.
- Perfume Shop Owner: Ah, le pussy ferocious. Remove that skunk, that polecat pole from the premises. Avec!
- [He tosses Penelope in the store and the cat crashed to a table and knocks down a bottle of white hair dye.]
- Penelope: (Smells skunk) Sniff, sniff, sniff-sniff, sniff-sniff.
- Pepé: Quel est ? *notices cat* Ahh… le belle femme skunk fatale… [clicks tongue twice]
- Mel Blanc as Pepe Le Pew / Perfume Shop Owner / Gendarme / Cat (voice)