User talk:Robin Lionheart
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Allen West sourcingEdit
You provided a noteworthy quote, but for future reference, blogs and youtube videos are not considered reliable sources. I'm not disputing that he said it, but a privately-listed video may not be the best citation. Do you know of any more mainstream or neutral organizations which happened to pick up on this? Also, it would be best to format with <ref> tags for consistency. Thank you. ~ S0CO(talk|contribs) 02:15, 8 June 2011 (UTC)
FYI, additional sourced quotesEdit
Please see note here about locations for additional related sourced quotes. Hope you find it useful. Cheers, -- Cirt (talk) 18:40, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
Your vandalism of the "Martin Luther King" quote page under "Quotes about King" Bullet points 2 and 3Edit
Please stop. If you continue to vandalize pages, add nonsense pages, or pages for nonnotable subjects, you will be blocked from editing Wikiquote.
Political propaganda, not relevant to King, and unsubstantiated in any case. This clearly constitutes an attempt at vandalism and the offending users account should be terminated.
- Stop what? I haven’t made any edits there lately.
- You’re apparently referring to an edit I made to Martin Luther King, Jr. last month, changing an attribution from Ron Paul to Ron Paul Political Report, because we were quoting an unsigned article and Ron Paul disclaims authorship of his newsletters. I wished to ensure that we did not put words in Ron Paul’s mouth.
- “political propaganda”: We quote a lot of political propaganda. Many of King's most famous quotes are political propaganda.
- “not relevant”: Denuncations of Martin Luther King as a communist sympathizer are obviously relevant to King.
- “unsubstantiated”: Not only was it substantiated, it became moreso when I added a secondary source.
- You don’t like what this newsletter said? Neither do I. “I don’t like it” ≠ “vandalism”. ~ Robin Lionheart (talk) 01:48, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
Thanks very muchEdit
- You're welcome. I don't think the Noodly One is opposed to evangelism, just sanctimony. ~ Robin Lionheart (talk) 16:09, 12 April 2013 (UTC)
discussion of "Further reading" sectionsEdit
You are mentioned in a discussion of "Further reading" sections at the Village Pump, because you have commented on the matter elsewhere. Your insights or opinions are welcome in that centralized discussion. ~ Ningauble (talk) 18:49, 14 October 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Buber's views of NietzscheEdit
I'd like to discuss the removal of Buber's views of Nietzsche from the page. Buber is specifically criticizing Nietzshce's doctrine, and is only incidentally discussing greatness. What was the motivation for removing the quote? Thanks for your reply ~ User:peter1c
- I moved it because it was in a section for quotes about Nietzsche, and it wasn't about Nietzsche, it was about will to power. Not having a section on will to power, I settled on greatness. ~ Robin Lionheart (talk) 18:58, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
Please take a look (and comment if you so choose) on my recent post on the Talk page for Antonin Scalia. I'm not sure that one of the quotes you added truly belongs on his page. Thanks. ~ UDScott (talk) 20:39, 18 February 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for pointing out context which changes the meaning of the quote. ~ Robin Lionheart (talk) 01:57, 19 February 2016 (UTC)
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia surveyEdit
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.