Hello, Pandeist, and welcome to the English Wikiquote, a free compendium of quotations written collaboratively by people just like you!
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Thanks for creating this page, it's a very important subject. I added a couple of quotes, but maybe they are a bit too long. So, feel "free" to delete them, or change the order, etc. Cheers ~ DanielTom (talk) 10:54, 27 January 2015 (UTC)
- Gracious thanks, man, and I'd not presume remove one hair of it!! Though I must confess, I now think the finest quote on the page is the shortest--Isaac Bashevis Singer's brevitous gem. And I concur, the topic is most important, and am in equal parts startled and gratified to have been able to begin it. But I am concerned that there is no especial order to things, seeing that most quotations here have some kind of order, and so I ironically hope I have not broken some rule by so placing the initial installments, of my own free will!! DeistCosmos (talk) 23:30, 27 January 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, kind words. I also like Singer's quote (although I don't know if it originated with him: I've heard other intellectuals say at least variants of it). The quotes seem to be ordered chronologically—an alternative would be alphabetical order, but it's not mandatory. ~ DanielTom (talk) 23:39, 27 January 2015 (UTC)