Transylvania 6-5000 (1963 film)
Transylvania 6-5000 (1963) is a Merrie Melodies animated short directed by Chuck Jones and starring Bugs Bunny. It is notable as the last original Bugs Bunny short Jones made for Warner Bros. Cartoons before leaving for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer to found his own studio, Sib Tower 12 Productions. It was his second-to-last cartoon at Warner Bros. before moving to MGM, and the second-to-last Warner cartoon in 1963.
- Directed by Chuck Jones and Maurice Noble. (co-director) Produced by David H. DePatie. (uncredited) Story by John Dunn.
This cartoon was featured in Daffy Duck's Quackbusters, But, the ending where Bugs' ears changed to Bat wings was cut.
Bugs Bunny edit
- [After hitting a tree underground] Wow! What a belt. These Pennsylvania hardwoods ain't too soft!
- Boy, I hope the restaurant's still open. I haven't eaten since I left Cucamonga!
- Another one? They oughta screen this place. [takes a sprayer and sprays the bat with it]
- Well. A telephone, at last! Hello, operator? Will you please get me the ACME Travel Service in Perth Amboy, USA? [singing to himself] La-dee-de-dee-de, Abraca-pocus. [suddenly, his ears changed to bat wings] Hello, operator? You can cancel that call, please. I think I'll fly home instead! [proceeds to fly away]
- [Bugs arrives at the door of the castle of Count Bloodcount and rings the doorbell. Count Bloodcount answers the door]
- Bugs Bunny: Sorry to disturb you, sir. I know it's late, but I seem to be off me course.
- Count Bloodcount: No, no, it's never too late. Come in. [opens the door and lets Bugs in]
- Bugs Bunny: Yeah, well, you see, I just want to call me travel agency. They've routed me off me route.
- Count Bloodcount: I am a vampire.
- Bugs Bunny: Oh, yeah? Well, abacadabra, I'm an umpire. [suddenly is wearing umpire clothes]
- Count Bloodcount: Hocus-pocus, I'm a bat! [turns into a bat]
- Bugs Bunny: Okay. I'm a bat too! Abacadabra! [turns into a baseball bat]
- Count Bloodcount: [putting on glasses] You wouldn't hit a bat with glasses on, would you?
- [Bat hits Count Bloodcount]