Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie
2022 American animated superhero comedy film based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise
Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie is a 2022 American animated superhero comedy film based on the animated television series Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It premiered on Netflix on August 5, 2022.
Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtlesEdit
- Relax, Raph. We've got this hero thing wired. I mean, our ninja city is off the charts. We've got some kicking mystic weapons. And do I need to remind you who has 4 shells and defeated the Shredder?
- [repeated line] You've been portal-chopped!
- Fat chance! We're not like everyone else on this planet, we are… [Mikey: …the Teenage…] [Donnie: …Mutant…] [Raph: …Ninja…] …Turtles!
- Go ahead, my non-lingual friend, count your unhatched fowl. My record stands until you reach the top, which according to my calculations of wind speed, barometric pressure, and dew point, is highly unlikely.
- There you are. I've been looking all over for you guys.
- According to my calculations, as long as you believe in yourself, you can do anything!
- [A photo shows Raphael, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, April O'Neil and Splinter grinning while standing together. A green hand from a figure runs, holding the photo. From a point of view, we see chaos all around the landscape. A teenage boy holds the figure]
- Boy: [first lines] I got you, Sensei. Stay with me.
- [The figure is actually a future version of Leonardo]
- Future Leo: You're a lifesaver, Casey Jones.
- Casey Jones: I learned from the best. Come on, we're almost there.
- [As Casey and Leo run, fiery beams shoot out. Dog-like creatures run past. We see the Statue of Liberty destroyed as text appears, "New York 2044". As the creatures leap toward Casey and Leo, an orange ball of fire hits them]
- Male voice: Bad doggies!
- Future Leo: Impeccable timing, little brother. Very dramatic.
- [Surrounded by a circle of orange chains, a future version of Michelangelo with white hair and not wearing his mask flips his hands back, causing the chains to get pulled in. The chains all shoot out, impaling the creatures. As Casey sets Leo down, Mikey floats over to them]
- Casey: Help him, Michelangelo. He's hurt bad.
- [Blood stains Leo's hand. From Leo's point of view, we see dozens of cyclops-like monsters shooting lasers from their eyes, then to a spider-like orb above the city]
- Future Leo: That's it. The resistance failed. The Krang won. But this isn't over. We've still got a ninja's greatest weapon. Hope. That and a badass mystic warrior. Mikey, we need a time gateway.
- Future Mikey: It'll take everything I have.
- Future Leo: I know, but this is our last chance. It's our only chance.
- [As he nods, Mikey floats away]
- Casey: Wait, what's going on? Where's he going?
- Future Leo: Casey, listen.
- [Mikey's feet drop to the ground. He makes an orange circle, then holds his hands out]
- Future Leo: The Krang first came to our planet through a mystic doorway. The key that opened the doorway looked like this.
- [Leo makes a drawing of the key on the back of the photo with a rock and hands it over to Casey]
- Casey: Why are you telling me this?
- Future Leo: Because Mikey is about to send you back in time to the day the key was stolen.
- Casey: Wait, he's going to what?!
- [As a portal forms, Mikey's hands begin to crack as he grits his teeth]
- Future Leo: The people who stole the key opened the doorway for the Krang. You have to find it before that happens. Find the key, and stop the Krang.
- Casey: But, Sensei--
- Future Leo: Say it!
- Casey: Find the key, and stop the Krang.
- [Leo pats Casey's shoulder]
- Casey: I don't wanna lose you.
- Future Leo: Casey, it's not about me.
- [A pinkish red light shines on them. It's a huge cyclops-like monster! Casey and Leo ready their weapons]
- Casey: They found us!
- [Another robot looks at them]
- Future Leo: Mikey!
- [As the portal forms more, Mikey looks at himself seeing that he is breaking apart. He shuts his eyes then reopens while continuing to grit his teeth. He yells]
- Casey: Master Michelangelo, no! You're gonna--!
- [Looking back at Casey, Mikey winks. The portal forms completely as Mikey explodes. Holding his swords, Leo drops his gaze then grins at the completed portal. The giant monster aims its eye]
- Future Leo: [last words] Casey, when you're done saving the world, do me a favor. Grab a slice!
- [Leo throws Casey to the portal. He attacks the creatures as a beam of light hits him. Casey screams tearfully as he disappears in the portal. In the presence of New York, Casey looks around himself]
- Casey: Where…? I made it? Alright, Casey, here we go. Find the key, and stop the Krang.
- [He runs off]
- [Now, we see a close-up of the real Leonardo's eye, hand and feet as he balances on the Brooklyn Bridge]
- Leo: Easy does it, Leo, you've got this. Concentrate. The whole world is counting on you to break… the pizza box stack record! 125 boxes! You know, they say it couldn't be done, but look who's doing it, moi. You know, that's Spanish for Leo.
- [With a drone on his shell, Donatello hovers down to Leo]
- Donnie: Go ahead, my non-lingual friend. Count your unhatched fowl. My record stands until you reach the top, which according to my calculations of wind speed, barometric pressure, and dew point. What?
- [The real Michelangelo reels himself to the curved pole string of the bridge with the chain from his nunchucks]
- Mikey: According to my calculations, as long as you believe in yourself, you can do anything!
- Leo: Thanks, little brother, but no one believes in himself more than me.
- [Leo chants his name, followed by Mikey as he reaches the top of the bridge then does a backflip]
- Male voice: There you are.
- [It's Raphael]
- Raph: I've been looking all over for you guys.
- [Leo and Mikey dance]
- Leo: Oh, hey, Raph, guess who just broke the record?
- Raph: What?! You did? How many did you--? Stop distracting me! We were supposed to be training--
- [Leo puts his finger on Raph's mouth]
- Leo: Ah, tuh, tuh, tuh. Hold that thought.
- [Above ground, Casey walks through townspeople]
- Casey: Sorry. Excuse me. Hey, how am I supposed to find this thing?
- [He swings up to the roof of a building with a grappling hook]
- Casey: So many people.
- [He looks at the photo of Raph, Leo, Mikey, Donnie, Splinter and April]
- Casey: How am I gonna save them all, Sensei? I really wish you were here. Wait, you are! I just need to find you.
- [He looks closely to April in the photo]
- Casey: April. She'll know.
- [In the sewers, Casey slowly opens his eyes]
- April: And then I saw that picture and brought him here.
- [From Casey's point of view, April shows the picture to the Turtles and Splinter. Casey notices Leo]
- Casey: Sensei?
- [Leo yelps as he holds one of his katana swords. Raph, Donnie, Mikey, Splinter and April look at him]
- Casey: It's you! All of you, together! I never thought I'd see you again! I'm so happy I could hug you!
- [Casey, tied to a chair, falls over. As Raph picks him up, a projector falls from the ceiling and shines a light at Casey]
- Raph: Who are you? Why do you have a picture of us?
- Leo: Yeah, who took this? Because I look great.
- Mikey: What's your favorite pizza? Because I'm ordering right now.
- Donnie: And why are you wearing genius build apparel?! That's trademarked!
- [A grappling hook activates, causing Casey to hang upside down]
- Casey: Let's start over. My name is Casey Jones, and the reason I have the photo and your tech is because you gave it to me. But not yet, because I'm from… the future.
- [The Turtles, Splinter and April laugh as Casey glares at them]
- Casey: This isn't a joke.
- Leo: I do like how he calls me Master.
- [Raph sighs]
- Casey: Of course, I do. You're the greatest ninja the world has ever seen. You told me to find the key and stop the Krang.
- April: Aliens. Pfft. Sure, this story keeps getting better.
- [Splinter turns off the projector]
- April: Splints?
- Splinter: The Krang?! I've heard of that name. Powerful and barbaric creatures worshiped by the Foot Clan.
- [A pencil-drawn flashback shows a story of the Krang]
- Splinter: [narrating] The legend says they came from the stars. Ruthless, unmerciful with one desire, to enslave the world like so many before us. All seemed lost, until great mystic warriors forged a mighty weapon, a key that was used to lock them in a prison dimension beyond this realm. Over the centuries, the mystic key remained hidden to protect humankind and prevent the return of the Krang.
- [In the present]
- Leo: So…
- April: Future boy is really from the future?
- Mikey: Mind… [imitates explosion]
- Leo: Mikey, Donnie, we can fight this! Raph's doing it for us, so we do it for him! That alien jerkface thinks we're weak because he hasn't seen what we can do when we fight together!
- [The mystic powers return to the turtles]
- Krang Leader: It's pointless to resist Krang! Give up! You'll be consumed like everyone else on this pathetic planet!
- Leo: Fat chance! We're not like everyone on this planet. We are…
- Mikey: …the Teenage…
- Donnie: …Mutant…
- Raph: …Ninja…
- Leo: …Turtles!
- Raph: Speaking of which, you know what challenge I'm gonna rise to? Beating that record!
- [As Raph pushes Leo down, the others cheer]
- Leo: No way! No. OK, fine.
- [Raph stacks the pizza boxes on his head]
- Leo: Alright, Big Raphie, let's do this!
- [As Leo, Donnie, Mikey, Splinter, April and Casey chant his name, Raph starts to balance on the pole string of the bridge]
- Ben Schwartz — Leo, Janitor
- Omar Miller — Raph, Male Office Worker #1
- Brandon Mychal Smith — Mikey, Foot Soldier #1
- Josh Brener — Donnie, Security AI, Tank AI, Dragged Man
- Haley Osment — Casey, Foot Soldier #3
- Kat Graham — April, Café Woman #3
- Eric Bauza — Splinter, Foot Soldier #2, Radio Newscaster, Secret Agent Man
- James Pirri — Krang Leader, Military Officer #1
- Toks Olagundoye — Krang Sister, Window Woman
- Rob Paulsen — Foot Lieutenant, Panicked Man, Military Officer #2, Van Mover #2
- John Michael Higgins — Warren Stone
- Rhys Darby — Hypno-Potamus
- Eugene Byrd — Security Guard, Police, Male Officer Worker #2, Café Man
- Meghan Falcone — Female Office Workers #1 and #2
- Nika Futterman — News Anchor Tanya, Incidental Girl, Café Women #1 and #2
- Oliver Vaquer — Professor, Helicopter Reporter, Van Mover #1, Male Bystander
|TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES|
|CREATORS||Kevin Eastman · Peter Laird|
|COMICS|| Mirage comic series (1984–2010) · Tales (1987–2010) · Adventures (1988–1995) · Mighty Mutanimals (1991 spin-off) · Daily comic strip (1990–1997) · Dreamwave comics |
series (2003) · IDW comic series (2011–present)
|TELEVISION||Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Turtles Forever (2009)|
|SERIES||1987–1996 series · Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend (1996) · Next Mutation (1997–1998) · 2003–2010 series · 2012–2017 series|
|FILMS|| Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993) · TMNT (2007) · Turtles |
Forever (2009) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) · Out of the Shadows (2016)
|FAN-MADE||Casey Jones (2011)|
|DOCUMENTARY||Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (2004)|
|SEE ALSO||Leonardo da Vinci · Donatello · Michelangelo · Raphael|