Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze is a 1991 film in which the Turtles and the Shredder battle once again, this time for the last cannister of the ooze that created the Turtles, which Shredder wants to use to create an army of new mutants.
Michelangelo / MikeyEdit
- [After seeing the hi-tech TGRI lab] Woah! Like, video games in 3-D!
- [Trying to understand elaborate toxic waste disposal machinery] I'll say special! Hey, look at this! Where do you put the quarter? --
- [After using sausage links as nunchucks] Combat Coldcuts!
- [When asked if he is sure his plan will work] Is, like, Schwarzenegger hard to spell?
- [When the Turtles first encountered Tokka and Rahzar] Didn't you see these guys on WrestleMania?
Raphael / RaphEdit
- [to Tatsu] You know, pal, if I had a face like yours, I'd try and make up for it with some sort of personality.
- [seeing new lair for the first time] Amazing, guys. And I thought all the really good dungeons were in Europe.
- There is only one thing next – revenge!
- Babies!! They're babies!! [strange angry gargling noise in his throat]
- Michelangelo: Aah, ninja pizza!
- Donatello: Ninja pizza?
- Mikey: [Japanese accent] Pizza that vanish quickly without trace!
- Splinter: Their world can never be ours.
- Mikey: Uh.... not even pizza?
- [pause; all 4 looking very concerned]
- Splinter: Pizza's OK.
- [The Turtles sigh with relief.]
- Mikey: Man, give a guy a heart attack.
- Shredder: Yes, come forward! Attack me if you will. When it is over, you will call me "Master!"
- Tokka: [he and Rahzar look in confusion, until.... ] Mama?
- Leonardo: Hey, guys, huddle. Mikey, you go up the middle. You guys get the sides. Get it?
- Donny: Got it.
- Raphael: Good.
- Mikey: Uhh, I don't get it.
- Leo: Shredder, you got to listen for a reason. You are gonna destroy us all!
- Super Shredder: [roars, then lifts up Leonardo] THEN, SO BE IT!!
- [The 3 Turtles infiltrate the Shredder's junkyard.]
- Donnie: The perimeter's quiet.
- Leo: Yeah, a little too quiet.
- Mikey: Come on.
- [The Turtles sneak forward; Donatello takes out two sentries solo]
- Donnie: Well, that was easy.
- Leo: Yeah, a little too easy.
- [They see Raphael tied to a post]
- Donnie: Look, it's Raph!
- Mikey: Yeah, a little too Raph.
- Leo: [on Tokka or Rahzar] You take the ugly one!
- Raph: [on Tokka or Rahzar] No, YOU take the ugly one!
- Donnie: [on Tokka or Rahzar] I'll take the ugly one!
- Mikey: [on Tokka or Rahzar] But which one's the ugly one?!
- Keno: So, basically, what you're saying is that you guys were all slimed.
- Raph: It wasn't slime, it was ooze. And there's more of it out there.
- Keno: Where?
- Donnie: Well, we're not sure. There's this clan of ninja thieves. A really secret group that call themselves--
- Keno: The Foot?!
- Donnie: Huh? You've heard of them?
- Keno: Yeah. Well the word is out on the street that these guys are looking for anybody they can find with martial arts talent, especially teenagers.
- Mikey: Primo workout, dudes!
- Leo: Yeah!
- Raph: We showed those guys, huh?
- Leo: Muy primo, bros!
- Donnie: Turtle-riffic!
- Raph: Max-amundo!
- Donnie: A cappella!
- Others: Huh?
- Donnie: Perestroika?
- [Others moan]
- Donnie: OK, I got it. "Frere Jacques". [starts singing "Frere Jacques" by himself]
- Mikey: Donny, give it up.
- April O'Neil: Where's Splinter?
- Leo: He's been on the roof ever since he saw your report.
- April: Really? Doing what?
- Splinter: Coming.... [gasps; all turn and see Splinter has appeared in the window] .... to a decision near you.
- Shredder: [about Tokka and Rahzar] They are stupid!
- Dr. Jordan Perry: They're not stupid, they're infants!
- [Rahzar hits Tokka on the head with a bar]
- Jordan Perry: OK, so they're stupid infants.
- [looking in construction site for the Foot]
- Donnie: Pretty quiet.
- Raph: [screams bloody murder] SHREDDER!!!!
- Donnie: Gee, thanks, Raph! I may never have the hiccups again!
- April: [picks up phone] Donnie?
- Donnie: April.
- April: Where are you guys? Did you find yourselves a new place to live yet?
- Donnie: Uh, yeah. It's not much right now, but we'll bring you down. We've only had time to get Splinter and pick up a few essentials.
- Leo: [holds up bags of potato chips] Yeah, the bare essentials.
- Donnie: The reason while we're calling is that.... have you seen Raph by any chance?
- April: Raph?
- Donnie: Yeah, did he stop by or anything?
- April: No. Why, is he missing?
- Leo: You know, there is still a little more stuff to help with, Michaelangelo!
- Mikey: Hey! I'm helping Donnie! [he tries to pry the phone from him] Gimme the phone!
- Donnie: NO!! [kicks Mikey to the ground] So, you haven't seen him at all, then, huh?
- Leo: Well, if she does, [loudly audible over the phone; April winces] tell him thanks for wasting our time because, instead of going out looking for the Spectors and the ooze like we should, we gotta go out and look for him instead! [angrily slams a box down.... onto Donnie's foot]
- Donnie: Owww!
- April: What was that?
- Donnie: [still in pain] Leo says hi!
- Mikey: Gimme the phone! Gimme the phone, will ya?
- Donnie: Oh, all right, all right, already, here, take it, will ya?! Sheesh!
- Mikey: April, it's Mikey, I'd just like to say HELLO-OO-OO-OO! Mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah--
- Donnie: WOULD YOU GIVE ME THAT?! [April laughs as they start arguing again]
- Cowabunga, it's the new turtle movie.
- Back by bodacious demand.
- GO NINJA, GO NINJA GO, GO NINJA, GO NINJA GO . . . . GO GO GO GO
About Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the OozeEdit
- The film’s sequel, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ll – The Secret Of The Ooze, arrived at the BBFC in April 1991 with a PG request. The BBFC Examiners acknowledged that this was a much milder film than its predecessor, and one report notes that "most of the violence-level here is ‘U’ rather than ‘PG’, though quantitatively there is enough to justify the PG requested by the company – just!"
However, BBFC Examiners also realised there was potentially a problem with some of the violence, in particular the use of improvised props resembling chainsticks or nunchaku:
"In the credits sequence in Reel 1, chainsticks are wielded (or seem to be) after a shot of sausages hanging from the butcher’s rail. Since there is real confusion between chainsticks and sausages this sequence needs to be carefully checked before cuts (if any) are listed. Ditto a sequence in Reel 2, where April tries out a pair of chainsticks; could they be sausages? If so, we would look pretty foolish (right Charlies, in fact) if we cut them!"
Another report states the then BBFC policy to remove these weapons, but warned that pragmatically it might be unwise to remove sausages used to resemble the weapon.
After contacting the distributor, the BBFC was reassured that all the sequences ‘involved sausages not sticks’.
However, BBFC Director James Ferman thought there was still potential for the sequence to showcase chainsticks-type weapons, and the sausages would look like these weapons ‘to any streetwise 8 year old’. The cuts list therefore included the following request to minimise any glamorisation of easily accessible weapons:
"After turtle takes down sausages and uses them as a flail. Reduce to minimum dazzling display of swinging sausages indistinguishable from chainsticks"
The Examiner reports for the video release include some criticism of the decision, with one report noting that "the sausage/chainstick confusion makes his [Ferman’s] cuts list a tiny bit ludicrous to read".
- British Board of Film Classification as quoted in "Why Sausages Were Cut Out of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2", Matt Edwards, Den of Geek, Mar 22, 2018
Encyclopedic article on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze at Wikipedia
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze at Rotten Tomatoes
|TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES|
|CREATORS||Kevin Eastman · Peter Laird|
|COMICS|| Mirage comic series (1984–2010) · Tales (1987–2010) · Adventures (1988–1995) · Mighty Mutanimals (1991 spin-off) · Daily comic strip (1990–1997) · Dreamwave comics |
series (2003) · IDW comic series (2011–present)
|TELEVISION||Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Turtles Forever (2009)|
|SERIES||1987–1996 series · Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend (1996) · Next Mutation (1997–1998) · 2003–2010 series · 2012–2017 series|
|FILMS|| Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993) · TMNT (2007) · Turtles |
Forever (2009) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) · Out of the Shadows (2016)
|FAN-MADE||Casey Jones (2011)|
|DOCUMENTARY||Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (2004)|
|SEE ALSO||Leonardo da Vinci · Donatello · Michelangelo · Raphael|