Justin Trudeau (born 25 December 1971 in Ottawa, Ontario) is the 23rd and current Prime Minister of Canada, and the Leader of the Liberal Party. He is the eldest son of former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, the first child of a previous Prime Minister to also hold the post, and was only the second child in Canadian history to be born during a father's term as Prime Minister; he was preceded by John A. Macdonald's youngest daughter Margaret Mary MacDonald.
- For me, to represent people who represent the future of Canada and the great challenges we will face over the coming decades — this is where I wanted to start. … I'm a teacher; I'm a convenor; I'm a gatherer; I'm someone who reaches out to people and is deeply interested in what they have to say. And people see that I'm not faking it. I'm actually genuinely committed to this dialogue that we're opening up, and this understanding that needs to happen in order to be an effective MP.
- On winning his riding nomination in Quebec, as quoted in "Trudeau wins Montreal riding nomination" in CBC News (30 April 2007)
- It's an old idea from the 19th century. It is something that is not relavant to the vibrant, extraordinary, culture that is Quebec as Quebec is an amazing part of Canada. Nationalism is based on a smallness of thought that closes in, that builds up barriers between people, and has nothing to do with the Canada we should be building. It stands against everything my father ever believed.
- You're not going to hotbox my office, no way!
- Responding to comedian Mark Critch pulling out a (prop?) joint in Justin Trudeau's office. 
- Tomorrow, millions of people will gather with loved ones across Canada and around the world to mark the Christmas holiday.
On this day, Christians reflect on their faith and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. This occasion inspires families and communities to come together, share what they have, and give back to those less fortunate.
May we take this time to reflect on our many blessings, and remind our loved ones how much they mean to us.
On behalf of the Liberal Party of Canada and our entire Liberal Caucus, Sophie and I wish you all a most joyous holiday season. From my family to yours: merry Christmas.
- Statement by Liberal Party of Canada Leader Justin Trudeau on Christmas (24 December 2014)
- Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways. This is what positive politics can do.
- October 20, 2015 (quoting Sir Wilfrid Laurier), reported in Joe O'Connor, 'Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways': Lessons of Wilfrid Laurier not lost on Trudeau, 120 years later, National Post (October 21, 2015).
- Because it's 2015.
- When asked by a reporter on his first day as Prime Minister why he appointed a Cabinet with an equal number of male and female ministers (November 4, 2015); see Trudeau’s 'Because it's 2015' retort draws international attention, Canadian Press (November 5, 2016)
Quotes about TrudeauEdit
- Tonight we'll dispense with the formalities. I'd like to toast the future prime minister of Canada: to Justin Pierre Trudeau.
- Richard Nixon at a gala in April 1972 during a state visit to Ottawa hosted by Pierre Trudeau, when Justin Trudeau was just four months old, as quoted in "Justin Trudeau, born into political spotlight, seeks to fulfil Nixon prophecy" by Bruce Cheadle in CBC News (19 October 2015)