capital city of Canada
- If Ottawa giveth, then Ottawa can taketh away… This is one more reason why Westerners, but Albertans in particular, need to think hard about their future in this country. After sober reflection, Albertans should decide that it is time to seek a new relationship with Canada. …Having hit a wall, the next logical step is not to bang our heads against it. It is to take the bricks and begin building another home – a stronger and much more autonomous Alberta. It is time to look at Quebec and to learn. What Albertans should take from this example is to become "maitres chez nous".
- National Post, December 8, 2000.
- February 18-25, 2011 is Kindness Week in Ottawa. Our schools have a wide variety of activities planned to highlight this city-wide initiative
- OttawaCatholic School Board (2011)
- All eligible property owners are required to submit a property status declaration starting in January 2023, even if you are using the property as a principal residence. If you own more than one property, you must submit a declaration for each.
- The City is sending out preliminary notices to affected property owners to prepare for the declaration period. An additional reminder will be sent in January. This notice does not mean you will be billed the Vacant Unit Tax.
- Vacant unit tax (starting in January 2023)