The human genome is the complete set of nucleic acid sequence for humans (Homo sapiens), encoded as DNA within the 23 chromosome pairs in cell nuclei and in a small DNA molecule found within individual mitochondria. Human genomes include both protein-coding DNA genes and noncoding DNA.
|This biology article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The human genome, like the structure of blood, air or water, was discovered, not created. There is an endless amount of information on genes that begs for further discovery, and gene patents put up unacceptable barriers to the free exchange of ideas
- Chris Hansen, A.C.L.U. staff lawyer; as quoted in John Schwartz; Andrew Pollack (29 March 2010). "Judge Invalidates Human Gene Patent". New York Times. Retrieved on 2010-03-30.
- Liquid Snake: The Genome Soldiers. They too are his progeny, carrying on his genetic legacy. But they're different. They're digital. With the completion of the Human Genome project the mysteries of humanity were laid bare...
- Thanks to father's DNA, they were able to identify more than sixty 'soldier genes' responsible for everything from strategic thinking... to the proverbial 'killer instinct'. Those 'soldier genes' were transplanted, into the membrane of Next Generation Special Forces. That's how they became the Genome Soldiers. That's right... The Genome Soldiers that you've been killing are our brothers, with the same genes as ours.
- Hideo Kojima, Tomokazu Fukushima Metal Gear Solid.