- We "need" cancer because, by the very fact of its incurability, it makes all other diseases, however virulent, not cancer.
- Gilbert Adair, journalist and film critic, "Under the Sign of Cancer," Myths and Memories, 1986.
- Brian: Lois, your father has a cure for cancer, but he won't release it because it's not profitable. So I stole it.
- Louis: Daddy, is this true?
- Carter: Yeah. So what? So I found the cure for cancer and didn't announce it. Big deal.
- Cancer sucks.
- Breast Cancer Action (anti-cancer advocacy group), Cancer Sucks campaign (2004-2011)
- Last year, Vice President Biden said that with a new moonshot, America can cure cancer. Last month, he worked with this Congress to give scientists at the National Institutes of Health the strongest resources they’ve had in over a decade. Tonight, I’m announcing a new national effort to get it done. And because he’s gone to the mat for all of us, on so many issues over the past forty years, I’m putting Joe in charge of Mission Control.
- The Porto Ricans (sic) are the dirtiest, laziest, most degenerate and thievish race of men ever to inhabit this sphere… I have done my best to further the process of extermination by killing off eight and transplanting cancer into several more… All physicians take delight in the abuse and torture of the unfortunate subjects.
- Cornelius Rhoads as quoted by Truman R. Clark. 1975. Puerto Rico and the United States, 1917-1933, pp. 151-154
- Physically, however, the body is quite able to completely regenerate itself as it approaches old age. Indeed, a quite legitimate second puberty is possible, in which the male’s seed is youthfully strong and vital, and the woman’s womb is pliable and able to bear . . . Now, to some extent there is a connection between this innate, rarely observed second puberty and the development of cancer, in which growth is specifically apparent in an exaggerated manner.
- Jane Roberts, in The Nature of the Psyche: Its Human Expression, Session 770, Page 66
- Lex Luthor: Here you are, sir! This serum will cure cancer.
- Warden: Just like that eh? ...I'l have some reputable scientists investigate your claim. Meanwhile, return to the rock-pile!
- Superman #149, The Death of Superman (1961) by Jerry Siegel, Curt Swan and Sheldon Moldoff