Air, air, fresh life-blood, thin and searching air,
The clear, dear breath of God that loveth us. ~ Robert Browning
Freedom is like that. It's like air. When you have it, you don't notice it. ~ Boris Yeltsin
- Air, air, fresh life-blood, thin and searching air,
The clear, dear breath of God that loveth us.
- My highway is unfeatured air,
My consorts are the sleepless stars,
And men my giant arms upbear—
My arms unstained and free from scars.
- If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.
- O, thou art fairer than the evening air
Clad in the beauty of a thousand stars.
- Let the air strike our tune,
Whilst we show reverence to yond peeping moon.
- The air in music the wing forsakes.
- John Muir, letter to Jeanne C. Carr, Yosemite (1874).
- Another glorious day, the air as delicious to the lungs as nectar to the tongue.
- So it is with air: there is the brightest variety which we call aether, the muddiest which we call mist and darkness, and other kinds for which we have no name...
- Take a straw and throw it up into the air,—you may see by that which way the wind is.
- Hamlet: The air bites shrewdly; it is very cold.
Horatio: It is a nipping and an eager air.
- When I was born I drew in the common air, and fell upon the earth, which is of like nature, and the first voice which I uttered was crying, as all others do.
- Darius was clearly of the opinion
That the air is also man’s dominion,
And that, with paddle or fin or pinion,
We soon or late
The azure, as now we sail the sea.
- His love was like the liberal air,—
Embracing all, to cheer and bless;
And every grief that mortals share
Found pity in his tenderness.
- And 't is my faith, that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes.