Blood is a specialized bodily fluid that delivers necessary substances to the body's cells (in animals) – such as nutrients and oxygen – and transports waste products away from those same cells.
- For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”
- Bloodless surgery has come to represent good practice, and in the future, it may well be the accepted standard of care.
- Adelola O.A., Ahmed I., Fenton J.E., American Journal of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Medicine and Surgery (2008) 29:275.
- Patients who receive blood transfusions are sure to face more complications and problems, as the scientific literature and the statistics indicate. A higher number of blood transfusions correlates with more complications and deaths. So, the association between transfusion and mortality is a reality.
- Dr. Tommaso Campagnaro, The Refusal of Blood Transfusion by Adult Patients: What Are the Treatment Options?—Blood Save 2017, (2017) November 24, conference held at the University of Padua, Italy.
- Just be firmly resolved not to eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the flesh.
- Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
- Genesis 6:9.
- The pain was maddening. You should pray to God when you're dying, if you can pray when you're in agony. In my dream I didn't pray to God, I thought of Roger and how dearly I loved him. The pain of those wicked flames was not half so bad as the pain I felt when I knew he was dead. I felt suddenly glad to be dying. I didn't know when you were burnt to death you'd bleed. I thought the blood would all dry up in the terrible heat. But I was bleeding heavily. The blood was dripping and hissing in the flames. I wished I had enough blood to put the flames out. The worst part was my eyes. I hate the thought of gong blind. It's bad enough when I'm awake but in dreams you can't shake the thoughts away. They remain. In this dream I was going blind. I tried to close my eyelids but I couldn't. They must have been burnt off, and now those flames were going to pluck my eyes out with their evil fingers, I didn't want to go blind. The flames weren't so cruel after all. They began to feel cold. Icy cold. It occurred to me that I wasn't burning to death but freezing to death.
- Arthur Guirdham in The Cathars and Reincarnation, p. 89.
- Cursed be he that doeth the work of the Lord deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
- Jeremiah 48:10.
- The first records of our young world were those of tears and blood ; its last records will be those of tears and blood also.
- The dangers of blood transfusion make it desirable to consider alternative measures whenever possible.
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England, Code of Practice for the Surgical Management of Jehovah’s Witnesses, (2002) §2.
- A conscientious man would be cautious how he dealt in blood.
- Letter to the Sheriffs of Bristol (April 3, 1777); as published in The Works of the Right Hon. Edmund Burke (1899), vol. 2, p. 206.
- I have often noticed that
ancestors never boast
the descendants who boast
of ancestors I would
rather start a family than
one blood will tell but often
it tells too much
- Dance mehitabel dance
caper and shake a leg
what little blood is left
will fizz like wine in a keg.
- And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it. For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."
- New Testament, Matthew 26: 27-28.
- So ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: for blood it defileth the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.
- Numbers 35:33.
- Judas: I don't need your blood money!
- Annas: But you might as well take it. We think that you should.
- Caliphas: Think of the things you could do with that money, Choose any charity - give to the poor. We've noted your motives. We've noted your feelings. This isn't blood money - it's a ...
- Annas: A fee.
- Caliphas: A fee nothing more.
- When there's blood in the streets it's time to buy.
- Blud's thicker than water.
- Walter Scott, Guy Mannering (1815), Chapter XXXVIII.
- Nathan Explosion: Bounty hunters closer to you
Start to remember back
When you studied biology
Back in your high school class.
Wait now, what did they say
about the human body and proportions of things?
Blood is an energy conductor.
I am full of that all I need is an outlet.
- Nathan Explosion: I track my history
Bloody burned family tree
Native blood runs in me
Keep blood lust away
Keep violence at bay
Can't deny genetics
Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922)Edit
Quotes reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 73.
- Le sang qui vient de se repandre, est-il donc si pur?
- Was the blood which has been shed then so pure?
- Antoine Barnave, on hearing a criticism of the murder of Foulon and Bartier (1790).
- Hands across the sea
Feet on English ground,
The old blood is bold blood, the wide world round.
- Byron Webber, Hands across the Sea.
- Blood is thicker than water.
- Attributed to Commodore Tattnall. See Eleventh Ed. of Encyclopedia Britannica in notice of Tattnall. Vincent S. Lean stated in Notes and Queries. Seventh S. XIII. 114, he had found the proverb in the British Museum copy of the 1797 Ed. of Allan Ramsay's. Collection, (First Ed,. 1737).