Alan Alda (born Alphonso Joseph D'Abruzzo; January 28, 1936) is an American actor, director, screenwriter, and author. A six-time Emmy Award and Golden Globe Award winner, he is widely known for his roles as Captain Hawkeye Pierce in the TV series M*A*S*H (1972-1983) and Arnold Vinick in The West Wing (2004-2006).
|This article about an actor is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The good thing about being a hypocrite is that you get to keep your values.
- My mother didn’t try to stab my father until I was six.
- in his memoir Never Have Your Dog Stuffed: And Other Things I've Learned, Random House, 2005, ISBN 1400064090.
- … life is meaningless unless you bring meaning to it; … it is up to us to create our own existence. Unless you do something, unless you make something it's as though you aren't there.
- You don't put statistics on trial, you put individuals on trial.
- From Extended Brains on Trial - Published on Sep 19, 2013
- One of the most basic things I've tried to do is give people a greater understanding of how science works - the importance of evidence, the importance of many trials, of rigorous studies, and the idea that we learn only a little bit at a time. . . . Making people aware of that process helps increase appreciation and respect for science, and that helps us make informed decisions for our families and ourselves.
- Discussing his efforts hosting Scientific American Frontiers and through other channels to make science more understandable, as quoted in "Alan Alda Wants Us to Communicate: Our favorite TV doctor prescribes laughter as a start" AARP The Magazine. May 27, 2020.
About Alan AldaEdit
- Alda's motivational graduation speech at Connecticut College