Frasier (season 7)
Frasier was an American TV situation comedy, a spin-off of the television show Cheers, which aired from 1993–2004. It follows the life of a psychiatrist who has returned to his home town of Seattle to reconnect with his father and brother following his divorce and rebuild his life as a talk radio host and high society socialite.
- 1 Momma Mia [7.1]
- 2 Father of the Bride [7.2]
- 3 Radio Wars [7.3]
- 4 Everyone's a Critic [7.4]
- 5 The Dog That Rocks the Cradle [7.5]
- 6 Rivals [7.6]
- 7 A Tsar is Born [7.7]
- 8 The Late Dr. Crane [7.8]
- 9 The Apparent Trap [7.9]
- 10 Back Talk [7.10]
- 11 The Fight Before Christmas [7.11]
- 12 RDWRER [7.12]
- 13 They're Playing Our Song [7.13]
- 14 Big Crane on Campus [7.14]
- 15 Out With Dad [7.15]
- 16 Something About Dr. Mary [7.16]
- 17 Whine Club [7.17]
- 18 Hot Pursuit [7.18]
- 19 Morning Becomes Entertainment [7.19]
- 20 To Thine Old Self Be True [7.20]
- 21 The Three Faces of Frasier [7.21]
- 22 The Dark Side of the Moon [7.22]
- 23 Something Borrowed, Someone Blue (Part I) [7.23]
- 24 Something Borrowed, Someone Blue (Part II) [7.24]
Momma Mia [7.1]Edit
- Martin has just met Mia, and is shocked at how much she resembles his late wife. She seems to like the cabin
- Mia: I feel like I'm in Heaven.
- Martin: I'm starting to feel that way myself.
Father of the Bride [7.2]Edit
- Niles: Frasier, do you remember the time the Kreizel brothers tied me to their Great Dane and lobbed meatballs down their gravel driveway?
- Frasier: I told you, Niles: I would have helped you, but their sister was holding me down.
- Niles: [about his date] She was... a cat person. She brought her cat on our date. Well, she had good reason: it was Mr. Waggles's birthday. Actually, his birthday party. Actually, his surprise birthday party!
Radio Wars [7.3]Edit
- Frasier is not happy that Martin found the prank phonecall so amusing
- Martin: D'you think you could get me a tape of the show?
- Frasier: What on Earth for?
- Martin: How often d'you get to hear your son on the radio?
- Frasier: (glares at him) I'm on the radio EVERY DAY!
Everyone's a Critic [7.4]Edit
- Roz has arrived in Café Nervosa, and seen Poppy at another table with some other KACL workers
- Roz: I see Poppy's having a little party.
- Frasier: That is not a party; that's a hostage situation.
- The news about Frasier's prospective new arts show starts an argument with Niles
- Niles: You conniving copy-cat! You have to have whatever I have.
- Frasier: I do not have what you have; my audience is twice as large as yours is!
- Niles: Oh well, at least my audience can read!
- Frasier: How dare you review my audience!
The Dog That Rocks the Cradle [7.5]Edit
- Daphne: I went to all sorts of funerals as a child. My uncle's a mortician. Lovely man. He's offered to do my makeup for the wedding.
- Frasier: I can just hear the whispers now. "Did you see the bride? Very lifelike."
- Regan has admitted that her name is from a treacherous daughter in King Lear, which makes it less than flattering
- Regan: I'm sorry, I have some issues with my father.
- Enter Martin, who is trying to match them up
- Martin: Excuse me again.
- Frasier: I have no idea what that would be like!
A Tsar is Born [7.7]Edit
- Frasier has just realized that the "game show" Martin wants to watch is The Antiques Roadshow, which he and Niles planned to watch
- Niles: I'll just check outside and see if the world has ended.
The Late Dr. Crane [7.8]Edit
- After a minor car accident
- Niles: Are you alright?
- Frasier: Yes. Thank Heaven your fist softened the blow of the airbag!
The Apparent Trap [7.9]Edit
- Frasier urges Niles and Lilith to behave as they used to towards each other: by trading insults
- Niles: Well, I learned if you kiss her too fast you get an ice cream headache.
- Lilith: You also learned that I have twice your upper body strength, so shut your pie hole!
- Frasier: Was that so hard?
Back Talk [7.10]Edit
- Frasier: No one's going to sell me on anything. Those exercises only help people who lack self-awareness. I, for one, am...[winces in pain] God Almighty!
- Niles: [sarcastically] Well, no wonder you're stressed; you've got a whole universe to run!
- This is a pivotal moment
- Daphne, relieved that she misunderstood Frasier's musings earlier, is giving him a massage. He is very drowsy after taking the tranquilisers
- Daphne: When I said to your father, "Dr. Crane's in love with me", he said it's been going on for six years now. What did he mean by that?
- Frasier: (half-asleep) Oh, that…he meant Niles.
- Daphne: [shocked] What?!
- Frasier: Niles…he's crazy about you.
The Fight Before Christmas [7.11]Edit
- Daphne: [about Niles's longtime crush on her] I can't very well discuss it with Dr. Crane; he's so close to Dr. Crane. If I told him, he might tell Dr. Crane, and then Dr. Crane might feel embarrassed.
- Roz: [sarcastically] Yeah. Why confuse things?
Frasier and Roz exchange New Year greetings in Nervosa
- Roz: I just hate how this arbitrary point on the calendar has become so significant. And as far as my hangover went, it was worth it; I partied my ass off like a brain-damaged test monkey.
- Frasier: I see. Well, allow me to congratulate you on your first science-related metaphor.
- Roz: Thank you.
They're Playing Our Song [7.13]Edit
- Daphne has a new and very powerful vacuum cleaner, but when she tries using it on Martin's chair it breaks down, with a small explosion
- Frasier: Well, apparently the "Dirt Scourge 2000" is no match for the "Dirt Pile 1957."
Big Crane on Campus [7.14]Edit
- Roz is in Café Nervosa when Frasier runs into Lorna
- Roz: So, are you going to ask her out?
- Frasier: Oh right, Legs Lenley and Crane the Brain! In my dreams!
Out With Dad [7.15]Edit
- Daphne is complaining that even being engaged doesn't guarantee a date on Valentine's Day
- Daphne: Donny had to fly out to Florida. His grandmother. She'd do anything to come between us.
- Martin: What'd she do this time?
- Daphne: She died.
- Frasier is embarrassed that Emily just kissed him and is now about to leave.
- Niles: You're embarrassed?! They think the best I can do is an old man with a cane!
Something About Dr. Mary [7.16]Edit
- Frasier does not want Chuck Ranberg to stand in for Roz, on account of his amusing speech impediment
- Roz: Hey, Chuck. How's it going?
- Chuck: Oh, tewwible, Woz! My wife was in the Cawibbean and she weft me for a Wastafawian!
- Martin has suggested that Frasier refuses to restrain Mary because she is black; Frasier denies it
- Niles: Oh, come now, Frasier. You can't deny a certain measure of guilt, living as you do in your exclusive lily-white world.
- Frasier: Niles, owning the CD of "Ella sings Gershwin" does not qualify you as a soul brother!
Whine Club [7.17]Edit
- Frasier: We have the Wine Club tonight. I'm sort of counting on him to help me become "corkmaster."
- Roz: But you'll still keep your secret identity as Frasier Crane, right?
- [Wine Club members address Niles, the new corkmaster, to the tune of Rule, Britannia.]
- Hail, corkmaster,
- The master of the cork,
- He knows which wine goes with fish or pork!
Hot Pursuit [7.18]Edit
- [Niles is asking where Martin is.]
- Daphne: He's with Donny. They went to a tractor pull.
- Niles: (as though understanding) Oh...
- (gives her a questioning look)
- Daphne: As I understand it, they attach a large weight to a tractor, and see how far they can pull it through the mud.
- Niles: (as though understanding) Oh...
- (gives her another questioning look)
- Daphne: The answer to your next question is, "beats the hell out of me!"
- Frasier: Lilith was insufferable, but she's got a new boyfriend. Some twenty-eight year-old named Marcel. He's a contortionist with the Cirque du Soleil.
- Niles: She's dating French circus folk?
- Frasier: Yes, well, he's actually perfect for Lilith. He has no apparent spine and she can wrap him around her finger.
Morning Becomes Entertainment [7.19]Edit
- Frasier: Say, you know my agent, Bebe, said she might be stopping by. Have you heard anything?
- Daphne: No, and I hope she's not staying for lunch, I'm afraid we're fresh out of live mice.
- Frasier: I take it negotiations aren't going so well?
- Bebe: You remember that insulting figure you said you'd never accept?
- Frasier: Uh-huh.
- Bebe: They haven't come up to it yet.
- Frasier: Oh, come on in, Niles. Bebe's just bringing me up to speed on her depressing news about my contract negotiations.
- Bebe: Don't worry, dear. I just need to find a way to throw a scare into them.
- Niles: Have you tried turning into a bat?
- Bebe: I would, love, but most grown men don't share your fear of tiny creatures.
To Thine Old Self Be True [7.20]Edit
The Three Faces of Frasier [7.21]Edit
- Frasier is still complaining about the caricature on the way home from the restaurant
- Frasier: Oh, so nothing about it jumped out at you as, oh, I don't know, encephalitic?!
- Martin: So they gave you a big forehead. Who cares? It makes you look smart.
- Frasier: It makes me look like I discovered fire!
The Dark Side of the Moon [7.22]Edit
- Frasier is very cross at the State of his kitchen after Simon used it
- Daphne: Yes, I guess they got some take-out.
- Frasier: It looked like a Kung Pao bomb went off!
- Roz is not keen on Frasier's suggestion that he accompany her to Daphne's wedding
- Roz: Frasier, I can't go with you. I mean, going to a wedding with your boss is like going to the prom with your brother.
- Frasier: Niles and I did not go to the prom together! *pause* Our dates got sick, and we went stag!
- Niles: In retrospect- yes, we should've canceled the carriage, but hindsight is 20/20!