1995 American animated film directed by John Lasseter
Don't yank my string!(taglines)
- To infinity and beyond!
- Reach for the sky!
- There's a snake in my boot.
- [Rex drops down in front of Woody and roars loudly]
- Woody: [in a bored tone] How ya doin', Rex?
- Rex: [stops roaring; calmly] Were ya scared? Tell me honestly.
- Woody: I was close to being scared that time.
- Rex: I'm going for fearsome here, but I just don't feel it. I think I'm just coming off as annoying.
- Hamm: So, where you from? Singapore? Hong Kong?
- Buzz: Well, no. I'm actually stationed at the Gamma Quadrant, Sector Four. As a member of the elite Universe Protection Unit of the Space Ranger Corps, I protect the Galaxy from the threat of invasion from the evil Emperor Zurg, sworn enemy of the Galactic Alliance!
- Mr. Potato Head: Oh, really? I'm from Playskool.
- Rex: And I'm from Mattel. Well, I'm not really from Mattel. I'm actually from a smaller company that was purchased in a leverage buyout.
- Woody: All right. That's enough! Look, we're all very impressed with Andy's new toy.
- Buzz: Toy?
- Woody: T-O-Y. Toy!
- Buzz: Excuse me. I think the word you're searching for is "Space Ranger."
- Woody: The word I'm searching for; I can't say, because there's preschool toys present.
- Buzz: I just want you to know that even though you tried to terminate me, revenge is not an idea we promote on my planet.
- Woody: Oh, well, that's good.
- Buzz: But we're not on my planet. Are we?
- Woody: No.
- [they start fighting]
- Buzz: According to my navi-computer, the...
- Woody: [quietly] Shut up! Just shut up, you idiot!
- Buzz: Sheriff, this is no time to panic!
- Woody: This is the perfect time to panic! I'm lost, Andy is gone, they're gonna move from their house in two days, and it's all your fault!
- Buzz: My fault?! If you hadn't pushed me out of the window in the first place...
- Woody: Oh, yeah?! Well, if you hadn't shown up inside your stupid little cardboard spaceship and taken away everything that was important to me...
- Buzz: Don't talk to me about importance! Because of you, the security of this entire universe is in jeopardy!
- Woody: WHAT?!! What are you talkin' about?!
- Buzz: Right now, poised at the edge of the galaxy, Emperor Zurg has been secretly building a weapon with the destructive capacity to annihilate an entire planet! I alone have information that reveals his weapon's only weakness. And you, my friend, are responsible for delaying my rendezvous with Star Command!
- Woody: YOU... ARE... A... TOY!!! You aren't the real Buzz Lightyear! You're a-- Aw, you're an action figure! You are a child's plaything!
- Buzz: You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell. [exits]
- Woody: Oh, yeah? Well, good riddance, ya loony! [sarcastically] "Rendezvous with Star Command."
- [the rocket Woody and Buzz are strapped to launches into the air, taking the two into the sky]
- Woody: [screams] This is the part where we blow up!
- Buzz: Not today!
- [Buzz activates his wings, cutting the tape that binds him to the rocket; Woody screams and covers his eyes in fear, but just as they are about to hit the ground, Buzz soars up carrying Woody]
- Woody: Hey, Buzz! You're flying!
- Buzz: This isn't flying. This is falling with style!
- Woody: (laughs) To infinity and beyond!
- "Oooh...3-D" (USA 2009 re-release)
- The toys are back in town.
- It's light years ahead!
- The adventure takes off!
- Hang on for the comedy that goes to infinity and beyond!
- Watch out for little green men.
- I'm a nervous Rex!
- Don't yank my string!
- Buzz off!
- Guts of steel
- Proud to be a vegetable
- Tom Hanks - Woody
- Tim Allen - Buzz Lightyear
- Don Rickles - Mr. Potato Head
- Jim Varney - Slinky Dog
- Wallace Shawn - Rex
- John Ratzenberger - Hamm
- Annie Potts - Bo Peep
- John Morris - Andy Davis
- Erik von Detten - Sid Phillips
- Laurie Metcalf - Mom
- R. Lee Ermey - Sarge
- Sarah Freeman - Hannah Phillips
- Penn Jillette - TV Announcer
About Toy StoryEdit
- I think the subject matter lends itself to the medium very much. When we started "Toy Story" back in 1991, computer graphics tended to make everything look like they were made of plastic, and so it was a natural subject matter. But with computer animation, we were also able to get the detail: the seams on Buzz Lightyear - the little screwheads holding the parts together. There was an embossed '© Disney' on his butt. All those things made it feel like the audience was looking at it going, "Yeah, I believe those are toys."
- John Lasseter, "(Part 1 of 2) Toy Story", by Adrian Hennigan, BBC. December 19, 2001.
- It was the hardest work I've ever done, purely as an actor.
Encyclopedic article on Toy Story at Wikipedia