Return to "Health" page.
what is more important wealth or wealth?
fathi arafat edit
- I do my best to find underlying cause of the disease to treat patients. Killing the cause, not symptom is the key to healing.
- Doctor Fathi Arafat, Man of Peace[findagrave.com/memorial/190302164/fathi-arafat]
- A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends.
- A cough is a symptom, not a disease. Take it to your doctor and he can give you something serious to worry about.
- A cripple of the worst sort, and consumptive into the bargain.
- A filling is a dentist's food supplement.
- A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book.
- I have a headache, my tummy feels hurty, I feel sick, quite frankly it'd be less trouble if I just had cancer.
- Alex Mallett, ex-Black Reverence drummer.
- A healthy body is the guest-chamber of the soul; a sick, its prison.
- After these two, Dr. Diet and Dr. Quiet, Dr. Merriman is requisite to preserve health.
- A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time ... pills or stairs.
- An imaginary ailment is worse than a disease.
- Bacteria keeps us from heaven and puts us there.
- Disease is somatic; the suffering from it, psychic.
- Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway.
- Author Unknown
- Every man's disease is his personal property.
- First need in the reform of hospital management? That's easy! The death of all dietitians, and the resurrection of a French chef.
- Fresh air impoverishes the doctor.
- From the bitterness of disease man learns the sweetness of health.
- Half the modern drugs could well be thrown out the window, except that the birds might eat them.
- Happiness lies, first of all, in health.
- George William Curtis, Lotus-Eating.
- He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything.
- He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors.
- Health and cheerfulness naturally beget each other.
- Health is a large word. It embraces not the body only, but the mind and spirit as well;... and not today's pain or pleasure alone, but the whole being and outlook of a man.
- Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
- World Health Organization, (1948).
- Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.
- Health is merely the slowest way someone can die.
- Author Unknown
- Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Health of body and mind is a great blessing, if we can bear it.
- I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
- Author Unknown
- I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward.
- I see rejection in my skin, worry in my cancers, bitterness and hate in my aching joints. I failed to take care of my mind, and so my body now goes to hospital.
- I think you might dispense with half your doctors if you would only consult Dr. Sun more.
- If by gaining knowledge we destroy our health, we labour for a thing that will be useless in our hands.
- If I had my way I'd make health catching instead of disease.
- If I'd known I was going to live so long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
- If you do everything you should do, and do not do anything you should not do, you will, according to the best available statistics, live exactly eighteen hours longer than you would otherwise.
- If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want.
- In a disordered mind, as in a disordered body, soundness of health is impossible.
- In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.
- Author Unknown
- It's bizarre that the produce manager is more important to my children's health than the pediatrician.
- It's no longer a question of staying healthy. It's a question of finding a sickness you like.
- Joy and Temperance and Repose
Slam the door on the doctor's nose.
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Know, then, whatever cheerful and serene
Supports the mind supports the body too.
~ John Armstrong
- Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.
- Life is not merely to be alive, but to be well.
- Like everybody else, when I don't know what else to do, I seem to go in for catching colds.
- Live in rooms full of light
Avoid heavy food
Be moderate in the drinking of wine
Take massage, baths, exercise, and gymnastics
Fight insomnia with gentle rocking or the sound of running water
Change surroundings and take long journeys
Strictly avoid frightening ideas
Indulge in cheerful conversation and amusements
Listen to music.
- May you live as long as you are fit to live, but no longer! Or, may you rather die before you cease to be fit to live than after!
- Philip Dormer Stanhope, 1749.
- Men make use of their illnesses at least as much as they are made use of by them.
- Men that look no further than their outsides, think health an appurtenance unto life, and quarrel with their constitutions for being sick; but I that have examined the parts of man, and know upon what tender filaments that fabric hangs, do wonder that we are not always so; and considering the thousand doors that lead to death, do thank my God that we can die but once.
- Nature does require
Her time of preservation, which perforce
I her frail son amongst my brethren mortal
Must give my attendance to.
~ William Shakespeare
- Nothing is more fatal to health than an overcare of it.
- Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane.
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Our body is a machine for living. It is organized for that, it is its nature. Let life go on in it unhindered and let it defend itself, it will do more than if you paralyze it by encumbering it with remedies.
- People who are always taking care of their health are like misers who are hoarding a treasure which they have never spirit enough to enjoy.
- Physical ills are the taxes laid upon this wretched life; some are taxed higher, and some lower, but all pay something.
- Physick, for the most part, is nothing else but the Substitute of Exercise or Temperance.
- Preserving the health by too strict a regimen is a wearisome malady.
- Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you!
- Sickness comes on horseback, but goes away on foot.
- Sickness is poor-spirited, and cannot serve anyone; it must husband its resources to live. But health or fullness answers its own ends, and has to spare, runs over, and inundates the neighborhoods and creeks of other men's necessities.
- Sickness is the vengeance of nature for the violation of her laws.
- So many people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health.
- A.J. Reb Materi, Our Family.
- The appearance of a disease is swift as an arrow; its disappearance slow, like a thread.
- The longer I live the less confidence I have in drugs and the greater is my confidence in the regulation and administration of diet and regimen.
- John Redman Coxe, 1800.
- The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd druther not.
- The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around.... Throughout history, "tender loving care" has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing.
- The trouble with always trying to preserve the health of the body is that it is so difficult to do without destroying the health of the mind.
- The... patient should be made to understand that he or she must take charge of his own life. Don't take your body to the doctor as if he were a repair shop.
- There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry.
- There are two things in life that a sage must preserve at every sacrifice, the coats of his stomach and the enamel of his teeth. Some evils admit of consolations, but there are no comforters for dyspepsia and the toothache.
- There's lots of people in this world who spend so much time watching their health that they haven't the time to enjoy it.
- They claim red meat is bad for you. But I never saw a sick-looking tiger.
- Those obsessed with health are not healthy; the first requisite of good health is a certain calculated carelessness about oneself.
- To avoid sickness eat less; to prolong life worry less.
- To feel keenly the poetry of a morning's roses, one has to have just escaped from the claws of this vulture which we call sickness.
- Water, air, and cleanliness are the chief articles in my pharmacopoeia.
- What some call health, if purchased by perpetual anxiety about diet, isn't much better than tedious disease.
- George Dennison Prentice, Prenticeana, 1860.
- "Health is what my friends are always drinking to before they fall down."
- I am not sick. I am broken. But I am happy as long as I can paint.