Only a single link to Category:Authors is allowed by software, so I'm sticking with "Suess, Dr." and not [[Category:Authors|Geisel, Theodor Seuss]]
Be who you are and say what you feel...Edit
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Did he say this, or not? --188.8.131.52 10:30, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
THE MISATTRIBUTION for this quote is pissing me off. The other quote by Bernard is not the same thing as the Dr. Seuss quote; they are a little similar, but they are hardly the same. They are saying different things. If you can't find a source, then put it under disputed. DON'T HAVE SOME RANDOM QUOTE AND SAY PEOPLE ATTRIBUTE IT DR. SEUSS. It's not true. Who put that there? Is somebody going to do something about it?
- Despite being widely attributed to Dr. Seuss, there has not yet been located even any mention of an original source of when or where he may have stated this, and the Bernard Baruch quote was certainly widely reported long before any mention exists of Seuss having expressed what clearly seems to be a derivative of it, thus it seems fairly clear that even if he did say or write this, and a source can eventually be located, the precedent of Baruch's comment makes the attribution of the core of it to Seuss improper. ~ Kalki 21:58, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
Why fit in when you were born to stand out.Edit
Attributed to Dr. Seuss on the web but can't find a source. Is there one or is this another internet creation?
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."Edit
...night before afternoon...Edit
I love this profound poem:
"How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?" ...Dr Seuss.
Does anyone know where the poem originates? It's attributed to Geisel on quite a few sites, but without a specific citation:
- found at Interactive Media Lab, Journalism and Communications, University of Florida - appears to be an assignment from 2002 to create websites - http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/spring02/white/poems.html
- also found - http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/180800-how-did-it-get-so-late-so-soon-it-s-night
- also found in a Ransom District Library event notice - http://allegannews.com/news-union-enterprise/plainwell-library-plans-another-dr-seuss-night
- also found at Mrs. Jones Room, "Read Across America on March 2!" - http://www.mrsjonesroom.com/themes/seuss.html
- also a batch more sites.
This is also a wonderful quote, attributed to Geisel, but without a citation:
"There is a genius in every child and a child in every genius." - Dr. Seuss